ADVERTISEMENT

Whitney commits to UK!!

giphy.gif

No, no that's Kansas.

Reactions: Cindog28
Ten straight years with a top 2 class.

Did anyone see this coming when Cal announced he was coming to Kentucky in 2009?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

[cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers]

:grimace::grimace::grimace::joy::joy::fries:

I was beginning to wonder. Was worried when he named 4 because I had heard he would commit soon. Guess he was fooling with everyone!

Best guard in HS in Maxey ( yes I think he is better then Anthony) and best SF in HS . Not to mention a top 40 SF in state kid too.

Could be Cal’s best offensive class at UK when all is said and done. Another big bonus is that Maxey and Whitney are arguably the best defensive players at their respective positions too.

Great get for us. Another outstanding young man and player. Cal is amazing. No disrespect to Jeffries but Whitney for him is a grand slam. Welcome aboard KW.

Reactions: KyJones64
I don’t think Whitney should be overhyped. He is a 6’6 wing who will be a good player here. He isn’t Superman, but he is a good commit for us because he is Cal’s kind of player.

The class is looking very good potentially. I don’t think Cal takes a commitment from another guard unless it is Cole Anthony. Green, Baker, Herro, and Quickley ought to come back. Maxey and Allen are already committed.

Richards might come back. Travis will graduate and Washington will leave. Montgomery is probably OAD. With or without Richards, Cal will need to sign multiple bigs. That’s the part of the class that hasn’t taken shape. Carey, Wiseman, and Hurt already have UK scholarship offers. Before it is over, I think Cal will also offer McDaniels and Tshiebwe. Maybe Cockburn.

This just confirms my belief that Jeffries rescinding his commitment was best for both parties. Allen and Whitney are a massive upgrade, and Jeffries wasn't going to play much of a role here. Kahlil will be a stud.
This.
Jeffries' dad calling Cal unprofessional was as unprofessional as he could get with his reaction. I guess he thought his kid was going to be Cal's only option on the wing.
Good riddance.

Reactions: Cindog28
Pretty hilarious to think about a few talking heads saying Cal had slipped in recruiting after Jeffries....especially the around the horn morons on ESPN.

We'll see if he ESPN spends as much time talking about Whitney as they did Jefferies decommitting.

of course not............this is something positive
they only report anything negative they can dig up on UK & Cal

The Ilinois board is surprisingly docile considering we just raped and pillaged yet again....they're learning to take it well.

The news of John Calipari's recruiting demise was greatly exaggerated. Go get 'em Cal!!

Cal is on freakin’ fire right now. With Capel out of the way, there’s no one to really impede him. Penny? lol

Happy to land a killer on the court. But can we please stop bringing up Jefferies, holy balls, he decommited from us and we'll land much better prospects there is no need to bring him up every time we get a new recruit.

Multiply my like times one thousand. I know the children must play but enough is enough.

Faarrr Cal....wait
Nobody ever says that. Why people act silly and keep being sarcastic about this is ignorant. 99.9999999% of UK fans love our coach. It's not far Cal, it's bring back kids that need to come back. For the most part that happened this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT