ADVERTISEMENT

UAB WR transfer commits to UK

Seems like a strange guy to go get. I guess they just wanted depth at the WR position but with scholarships at a premium…odd. Best guess is we have very little NIL money left and will just try to get some serviceable players for some positions of less need. Maybe he’s better than his stats indicate.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I'll give him this much....he had offers from Air Force, Army and Navy coming out of HS so he must be a pretty smart guy.
With those offers, Farrier is a smart guy.

Perhaps UK is recruiting players who have the ability to quickly learn and execute Cohen's offense... wasn't a complaint this year that Cohen's offense was too complicated?

I’m confused by NIL. I thought it was to get paid for their name, likeness, image.. i.e. autographs, commercials, etc. it sounds like they just get money to play?
Yeah. It is both.

Kids get paid, by outside entities, to put their name, image, likeness into the school uniform and helmet the outside entity supports.

I’m confused by NIL. I thought it was to get paid for their name, likeness, image.. i.e. autographs, commercials, etc. it sounds like they just get money to play?
You are not confused at all. You are correct. Many posters on our board still don't understand this, or don't want to. But Coach Marrow explained it again in his public comments on the December signing date. The school cannot make the payments, discuss NIL with players, or participate in the NIL money decisions. Coach Marrow explained in plain English that when a prospect asks about NIL, he tells them that he is not allowed to discuss it under the rules. Anyone can access and replay his comments.

But we have a population of posters here that still believe UK's administration wears granny shoes and every other school is spending a gazillion dollars in illegal direct payments to each of their football players. People believe what they want to believe. A lot of these folks are subscribing to a narrative that makes them feel validated for not contributing to the 15 Club.

You are not confused at all. You are correct. Many posters on our board still don't understand this, or don't want to. But Coach Marrow explained it again in his public comments on the December signing date. The school cannot make the payments, discuss NIL with players, or participate in the NIL money decisions. Coach Marrow explained in plain English that when a prospect asks about NIL, he tells them that he is not allowed to discuss it under the rules. Anyone can access and replay his comments.

But we have a population of posters here that still believe UK's administration wears granny shoes and every other school is spending a gazillion dollars in illegal direct payments to each of their football players. People believe what they want to believe. A lot of these folks are subscribing to a narrative that makes them feel validated for not contributing to the 15 Club.
Vince is not going to be 100% truthful with any public comment.
He's also not going to make any accusations about any other schools.
The payroll at some of these schools is too great for athletic dept money to not be back channeled through private donors or collectives.
I doubt the NCAA has access to players W2's.

With those offers, Farrier is a smart guy.

Perhaps UK is recruiting players who have the ability to quickly learn and execute Cohen's offense... wasn't a complaint this year that Cohen's offense was too complicated?
Who is Cohen?

The payroll at some of these schools is too great for athletic dept money to not be back channeled through private donors or collectives.
TN is especially adept at funneling portions of that $50M SEC money to donors who then stick it in collectives.

Staff may have an inkling that there is another receiver or two that may be exploring “options” and wants to add some depth.

The little video headlines on this page say he's "coming home" was he a local kid that went to UAB?

They'd be 1099's vs. W-2's imo. Players don't work for the collectives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT