ADVERTISEMENT

Where We Stand...

Where did I say he was “so great”? I said he left Mingione with a lot of talent, which is a fact. You can do one without being the other.

But if drawing false conclusions is your thing, knock yourself out.
That means he had a lot of talent when he was here and didn't do anything with it.

I was a member today of the 2nd largest crowd to attend a UK game at The Cliff! When Justin Lewis survived the 1st inning not giving up a run WILDCAT crowd really got into game! Heard forever good pitching always beats good hitting! That was sure evident in the three games with the Gators. Also heard from a always in attendance reliable CAT fan that Zack Thompson will pitch a few innings next week!
Florida Gators are the best college team I've seen in years!

Problem with UK is that second largest crowd in history was probably not even in the top five in the league today.

With all due respect,Browns takes on anything related to UK athletics,is shit ,just like his poster name!

Where did I say he was “so great”? I said he left Mingione with a lot of talent, which is a fact. You can do one without being the other.

But if drawing false conclusions is your thing, knock yourself out.

Ming got much more out of it than Henderson would have and Ming followed it up with a top 15 recruiting class, Henderson's last top 25 recruiting class was 2012.

Reactions: law1127
Well, I think we're still in the mix to host. We were a number 7 national seed in last week's projections and 2 losses to UF and a road loss to UL don't kill those hopes.

If UK can get above .500 in conference, then its hosting chances are alive and well.
Absolutely, we are currently # 15 in the RPI, with a strength of Schedule at #8. We are 3-3 against top 5 ranked opponents this season.
And Indiana ranked 10th, has a SOS at # 136.... Redunkulous !

What have you seen from this team since conference play began to make you think they can get above .500?

As frustrating as our team is, we now have a series win over South Carolina (who is mauling LSU), a series win over a top ten RPI Georgia team on the road, and a series win at home over a ranked Auburn team. We haven't been great, but our resume is not bare.

Problem with UK is that second largest crowd in history was probably not even in the top five in the league today.

You think The Cliff being smallest venue in SEC has a thing to do with top five in league today? Got a feeling those attendance figures will increase next year!

You think The Cliff being smallest venue in SEC has a thing to do with top five in league today? Got a feeling those attendance figures will increase next year!
It’s a moronic statement meant to belittle UK like all of his posts on here. Does he think it’s a problem that Duke basketball isn’t in the top half of attendance in the ACC?

Yes, we are building a new stadium, in case that matters. What a tool . . . :chairshot:

Would like to see Tennessee beat A&M today. That would put Tennessee at 7-11 and A&M at 9-9. USC losing could also be beneficial. Put them at the same record as us. I believe that'd put us in a four way tie for 9th.

It's important to remember that we are not out of this. 11 of the 14 SEC teams are somewhere between 10-8 and 8-10. Arkansas had a chance to runaway and hide in the top 4 by taking two or three from State, but instead put themselves and State right back into the mix by getting swept.

We can certainly play our way from 9th into the top 5. We have a fairly favorable schedule with Miss. State, Tennessee, Missouri, and Vandy. The big deal with that is that 3 of those teams have similar records and we can use those series to put us ahead and them behind. Need to win evey series and put us at 16-14. We cannot afford to lose a series.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Would like to see Tennessee beat A&M today. That would put Tennessee at 7-11 and A&M at 9-9. USC losing could also be beneficial. Put them at the same record as us. I believe that'd put us in a four way tie for 9th.

It's important to remember that we are not out of this. 11 of the 14 SEC teams are somewhere between 10-8 and 8-10. Arkansas had a chance to runaway and hide in the top 4 by taking two or three from State, but instead put themselves and State right back into the mix by getting swept.

We can certainly play our way from 9th into the top 5. We have a fairly favorable schedule with Miss. State, Tennessee, Missouri, and Vandy. The big deal with that is that 3 of those teams have similar records and we can use those series to put us ahead and them behind. Need to win evey series and put us at 16-14. We cannot afford to lose a series.
Have got to put the best sticks in the game... And I don't care what they are batting in the SEC you have got to put the guys that are the most dangerous in the game and hopefully Thompson coming back this week will help the pitching staff and for goodness sakes don't pull another stunt with Haake like the first game against Florida

Have got to put the best sticks in the game... And I don't care what they are batting in the SEC you have got to put the guys that are the most dangerous in the game and hopefully Thompson coming back this week will help the pitching staff and for goodness sakes don't pull another stunt with Haake like the first game against Florida

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty positive that Collett is hurt. Just that simple as to why he's not been in much lately.

If Collett is hurt somebody should report it, if not Coach Ming needs to explain his absence from the lineup.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty positive that Collett is hurt. Just that simple as to why he's not been in much lately.
Hopefully that's the issue because it's time for all hands on deck the next couple of weeks! Surely someone will ask on the coaches show tomorrow..

After today's games this is how tight things are...Fla leads the league with 14 wins...the next ELEVEN teams have between 8-10 wins. So we can see how urgent it is go on a roll the rest of the season . It's time!!!!

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Gabe ...they really can't unless the player wants it out...it's the law, but would sure like to know.
OK then how does the football and basketball injuries are always reported. There are ways to describe an injury without using specific language that would concide with the law like using the words he is banged up. My point is that Collett needs to be in the lineup because he is liable to break out of his slump at anytime while Rodriguez and Johnson are also in slumps but sho no signs of improving.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
OK then how does the football and basketball injuries are always reported. There are ways to describe an injury without using specific language that would concide with the law like using the words he is banged up. My point is that Collett needs to be in the lineup because he is liable to break out of his slump at anytime while Rodriguez and Johnson are also in slumps but sho no signs of improving.

It could also be that Collett himself doesn't want the injury disclosed because it might make him appear more injury prone and harm his draft stock. Whatever it is, we don't need to spread silly rumors about coaches having vendettas against players.

ADVERTISEMENT