ADVERTISEMENT

Where We Stand...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
With tonight's loss to Florida any and if we are swept tomorrow Kentucky would not be eligible for the SEC tournament..

With tonight's loss to Florida any and if we are swept tomorrow Kentucky would not be eligible for the SEC tournament..

Right now we are 7-10. Tennessee, Alabama, and Miss. State are all behind us at 6-10. Two of them have to win two more to put us into the bottom two.

Florida did what we couldn't today. When they got runners on they took advantage. When UK got them on we failed to take advantage. We had runners on third early and grounded into double plays instead of hitting a sac fly or getting a base hit. It really has a problem all year.

Florida did what we couldn't today. When they got runners on they took advantage. When UK got them on we failed to take advantage. We had runners on third early and grounded into double plays instead of hitting a sac fly or getting a base hit. It really has a problem all year.

Thursday & Friday Gators pitching was the best! Hjelle walks was the undoing. Gators leave no margin for error. They are for sure the best college team I've seen this season! I'll be in the stands today but don't hold out much hope for a badly needed CATS victory.

Reactions: law1127
I would absolutely change the lineup today, Squires is worn out and needs some days off. All he can do lately is sac bunt, play Collette at 1st base, he needs to be in the lineup, put Shinn in RF, Heyer back at 3rd base, DH Johnson against RH pitching.

And yet we are still ranked. Not sure why though.
Why is because we took 2 of 3 from #3 ranked Texas Tech, hammered a ranked Houston team in their own back yard, as well as ranked Sam Houston State and Louisiana, took the series against ranked Auburn, USC, at ranked Georgia, beat ranked Louisville at home, and if the Cats could win today, beat the #1 ranked team.

Why is because we took 2 of 3 from #3 ranked Texas Tech, hammered a ranked Houston team in their own back yard, as well as ranked Sam Houston State and Louisiana, took the series against ranked Auburn, USC, at ranked Georgia, beat ranked Louisville at home, and if the Cats could win today, beat the #1 ranked team.

And if we dont, it's 4 losses in a row and a losing record in our conference.
Maybe I should have said...how are we ranked so high. I think we have a good team but we are definitely underachieving.

Maybe I should have said...how are we ranked so high. I think we have a good team but we are definitely underachieving.
Under achieving in losing a series to Alabama, losing at home to Xavier and NKU. The SEC is a meat grinder, more ranked teams than any other conference. If we can win today, and then take care of Morehead, and win the series vs Mizzou, all this agonizing will subside.

Reactions: AgesBlue
Under achieving in losing a series to Alabama, losing at home to Xavier and NKU. The SEC is a meat grinder, more ranked teams than any other conference. If we can win today, and then take care of Morehead, and win the series vs Mizzou, all this agonizing will subside.
I really don’t think it’s the losses necessarily. What concerns me is Ming’s decision making during these games. He simply isn’t coaching like he did last year. And the team’s confidence level has suffered because of it.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Thursday & Friday Gators pitching was the best! Hjelle walks was the undoing. Gators leave no margin for error. They are for sure the best college team I've seen this season! I'll be in the stands today but don't hold out much hope for a badly needed CATS victory.
Hope they win, but don't see how they could have much juice left. The coaching staff sucked it out of them on thur And Fri.

I would absolutely change the lineup today, Squires is worn out and needs some days off. All he can do lately is sac bunt, play Collette at 1st base, he needs to be in the lineup, put Shinn in RF, Heyer back at 3rd base, DH Johnson against RH pitching.
Heyer needs to return to third, Shinn to rf and Collett to dh. I dont think there is anything wrong with Squires , but the idiotic position of the HC sac. in the FIRST INNING ...going to make a prediction that may be stupid, but so what. I think you have seen the last of Collett at UK.

After that debacle on Thursday night, the Mingione honeymoon is nearing its end.

Today’s game doesn’t mean much. Sweeps are rare in the SEC.

Mizzou has solid pitching. Might not want to count those chickens just yet.

I really don’t think it’s the losses necessarily. What concerns me is Ming’s decision making during these games. He simply isn’t coaching like he did last year. And the team’s confidence level has suffered because of it.

He’s not coaching any different. Too many of y’all simply weren’t paying any attention last year. AND Henderson left him a stacked deck.

Who's worried about hosting at this point...just worried about making it.

Well, I think we're still in the mix to host. We were a number 7 national seed in last week's projections and 2 losses to UF and a road loss to UL don't kill those hopes.

If UK can get above .500 in conference, then its hosting chances are alive and well.

I think we will do well in the next 3 series. Hopefully we get Thompson back soon.

Brown is the new blue only shows up, when somebody flushes their commode ! Pay no attention to shit is brown.

Reactions: irishcat1965
I was a member today of the 2nd largest crowd to attend a UK game at The Cliff! When Justin Lewis survived the 1st inning not giving up a run WILDCAT crowd really got into game! Heard forever good pitching always beats good hitting! That was sure evident in the three games with the Gators. Also heard from a always in attendance reliable CAT fan that Zack Thompson will pitch a few innings next week!
Florida Gators are the best college team I've seen in years!

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Well, I think we're still in the mix to host. We were a number 7 national seed in last week's projections and 2 losses to UF and a road loss to UL don't kill those hopes.

If UK can get above .500 in conference, then its hosting chances are alive and well.

What have you seen from this team since conference play began to make you think they can get above .500?

If you think Hendo is so great, look at Miss State this year.

Where did I say he was “so great”? I said he left Mingione with a lot of talent, which is a fact. You can do one without being the other.

But if drawing false conclusions is your thing, knock yourself out.

ADVERTISEMENT