ADVERTISEMENT

What will UK's 10 SEC game schedule look like?

UKvisitor

All-American
Jan 3, 2007
Down by the river
Will it be a total revamp or just a fill in the blanks?
Dec. 12 will be Open according to the SEC news release on the 10 game SEC scedule..
Speculation is UK will add LSU Home and Ole Miss away.
The season is scheduled to start on Sept. 26 now.

We know the UK's football schedule was: SEC gms in Bold

9/3 Home Eastern, MI (Gone)
9/12 Away Florida (Has to be moved)
9/19 Home Kent St. (Gone)
9/26 Home S. Carolina
10/3 Away Auburn

10/10 Home Eastern IL (probably now, Florida away)
10/17 Home Vanderbilt
10/24 Away Missouri

10/31 OPEN
11/7 Away Tennessee
11/14 Home Miss. St.
11/21 Home Georgia

edit: Add Bama on the road and Ole Miss at home.

Wonder what the schedule suffle will look like?

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanbruner
I'd like FL in Lex in December.
The game is at their place this year.\
Here is my thinking: If you are going to play traditional big boys in the the SEC, play them early in the season before they get their stuff together and all our players healthy. It is how you beat teams with superior talent..

Last edited:
It is how you beat teams with superior talent..

Mizzou layed the wood to a 10 win Gator team in ‘18, in Gainesville much later in the season than our victory.

Plus, given that the UF road game should be in the Top half of our toughest, put it as late as we can get it, and build early momentum with wins. October weather will more likely favor our players and style.

Reactions: jauk11
The game is at their place this year.\
Here is my thinking: If you are going to play traditional big boys in the the SEC, play them early in the season before they get their stuff together and all our players healthy. It is how you beat teams with superior talent..

This would work out great for us this season. We actually have tons of returning experience and should be up to speed earlier than most others

Reactions: UKvisitor
Will it be a total revamp or just a fill in the blanks?
Dec. 12 will be Open according to the SEC news release on the 10 game SEC scedule..
Speculation is UK will add LSU Home and Ole Miss away.
The season is scheduled to start on Sept. 26 now.

We know the UK's football schedule was: SEC gms in Bold

9/3 Home Eastern, MI (Gone)
9/12 Away Florida (Has to be moved)
9/19 Home Kent St. (Gone)
9/26 Home S. Carolina
10/3 Away Auburn

10/10 Home Eastern IL (probably now, Florida away)
10/17 Home Vanderbilt
10/24 Away Missouri

10/31 OPEN
11/7 Away Tennessee
11/14 Home Miss. St.
11/21 Home Georgia

11/28 Away Louisville (Gone) (probably LSU home or Ole Miss away)
(12/5 to be added, probably LSU home or Ole Miss away)

I think you're giving the "old" schedule too much credence. I don't think the SEC cares that we were originally going to play South Carolina on 9/26. The only dates (IMO) that will be given any special treatment are the annual games that are played on specific weekends (e.g. UGA/UF cocktail party, UT / Bama third saturday in October, and year-end rivalry games like Bama / AUburn). All others are likely in the hopper to be moved.

I would normally be throwing out some predictions and sweating our won/loss record.

But this year, we all win if we get to play 10 games.

I'm going to chill and enjoy whatever football I get.

I would normally be throwing out some predictions and sweating our won/loss record.

But this year, we all win if we get to play 10 games.

I'm going to chill and enjoy whatever football I get.
That's it, right there. Just playing this year with the way things have rolled is amazing.
Finishing 5-5 with this kind of schedule will be mighty good. Have to sweep Mississippi and State, Vandy, South Carolina and Missouri . FINALLY beating Tennessee would sweeten the season mightily.

Then Bama, Auburn,Florida, or Georgia.

If the season starts, and that's a big if, it's all gonna get shutdown after game 2 or 3 anyway. I think pretty much everyone knows this is the likely scenario. Noone's playing this fall. They'll try and push it back to January and see how that goes

Reactions: EastLansingCat
That's it, right there. Just playing this year with the way things have rolled is amazing.
Finishing 5-5 with this kind of schedule will be mighty good. Have to sweep Mississippi and State, Vandy, South Carolina and Missouri . FINALLY beating Tennessee would sweeten the season mightily.

Then Bama, Auburn,Florida, AND Georgia.

FTFY

We all know that UT fans are not known for having realistic expectations.

That's true, they are thinking he is the 2nd coming of Neyland. The one team he has had great success against his career is AU. Gus runs a HS offense, so why wouldnt he.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT