ADVERTISEMENT

What was your favorite season as a Wildcat fan?

1975, only because it was the first year I started following (13 years old). Didn't have the one and dones or now, I guess none and done. Just a team putting it all out on the floor for the University of Kentucky. Beat an undefeated IU team only to lose to UCLA in the finals...
beating the Hoosiers was simply magical … the championship against UCLA was Wooden’s last game and the refs were not going to let them lose no matter what … I felt like we didn’t have so much as a letdown in that game as much as we had already beaten our biggest rival at the time and the team that was heads and shoulders the number 1 team … which they proved the next season by being the last undefeated team.

Reactions: dcw62
beating the Hoosiers was simply magical … the championship against UCLA was Wooden’s last game and the refs were not going to let them lose no matter what … I felt like we didn’t have so much as a letdown in that game as much as we had already beaten our biggest rival at the time and the team that was heads and shoulders the number 1 team … which they proved the next season by being the last undefeated team.
That was a fun team to follow and then again following the Givens Robey Lee and Phillips bunch for four years.

Reactions: Bigbluecaleb
Folks. PLEASE think about this post. OP is brand new. EVERY post is about ‘my cats’, ‘our team’, ‘we this and we that’. If you recognize that and question him he will get smart and short, and nasty with you. He’s NOT a Cat fan and he’s reeling people in like a fish. I don’t know him or care about his trolling but I’ve never seen someone more obvious. Read his posts / comments. If he’s legit then Bassfan is the Pope.

Exactly. My response to OP is "the year we beat Lousiville's a$$ like a drum"... translation: almost every year. Let's see if he/she agrees.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Folks. PLEASE think about this post. OP is brand new. EVERY post is about ‘my cats’, ‘our team’, ‘we this and we that’. If you recognize that and question him he will get smart and short, and nasty with you. He’s NOT a Cat fan and he’s reeling people in like a fish. I don’t know him or care about his trolling but I’ve never seen someone more obvious. Read his posts / comments. If he’s legit then Bassfan is the Pope.
Not sure I really understand this. What does any poster gain by reeling anyone in to duping them to thinking he is a fan. If he isn’t a fan of UK and wants to pretend to be seems like a total waste of time to me as his/her antics will not bother me one bit. Only kind of posters that ever bother me in the slightest is those that pick a side and will never vary from it no matter what. Ie Kybassfan. Then I hardly ever put any merit to anything they say. I ignore them without putting them on ignore.

‘92.

We weren’t nobodies but we were still largely underdogs so every win meant more. Out first year off probation meant every win meant even more than that. The giants were still in the game: K coming off a repeat, Knight not slowed down yet, Roy at Kansas, Smith at UNC, even Thompson at Georgetown: the game was still iconic. Even the SEC had sharks in the water. Arkansas were title contenders. Shaq was at LSU.

Mash was a miracle to watch. The unforgettables were unforgettable for reasons that started long before their final game. Pitino was at his very leanest and hungriest.

The three was still fairly new. The press still had a major effect due to so much less commercial time.

And we cane within 2.1 seconds of cementing one of the greatest stories ever in all of sports history. That season was guts and glory through and through.

very hard choice but i will go with the 96 team mainly because it was the last chance for the best recruiting class Pitino had to win
not to mention it had been 18 years since we won a title
by the same token the 95 team i consider a very underachieving team not even getting past the sweet 16 as a 1 seed

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
very hard choice but i will go with the 96 team mainly because it was the last chance for the best recruiting class Pitino had to win
not to mention it had been 18 years since we won a title
by the same token the 95 team i consider a very underachieving team not even getting past the sweet 16 as a 1 seed
You might be thinking of 94. 95 lost to UNC in the E8 & were pretty dominant all season. Entering the UNC game they had only lost 4 games by a grand total of 10 points.

• Sad
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You might be thinking of 94. 95 lost to UNC in the E8 & were pretty dominant all season. Entering the UNC game they had only lost 4 games by a grand total of 10 points.
that is the team
my memory is not what it used to be so may be wrong
either way that team was one of many UK teams that underachieved

Man, what a rough L that was. I’ll never get over the egregious, phantom technical foul that was assessed to McCarty. We were never the same after that incident.

In 1996 I was living in Las Vegas and was proud of the 96 team and how they destroyed teams using Pitinos press. But loved watching the 66 team with Conley Akron, Riley, Dampier, and Thad Jaraz. Greatest passing team ever.

Not sure I really understand this. What does any poster gain by reeling anyone in to duping them to thinking he is a fan. If he isn’t a fan of UK and wants to pretend to be seems like a total waste of time to me as his/her antics will not bother me one bit. Only kind of posters that ever bother me in the slightest is those that pick a side and will never vary from it no matter what. Ie Kybassfan. Then I hardly ever put any merit to anything they say. I ignore them without putting them on ignore.
Of course I'm not a "troll" ... and as a newbie I'm still trying to get a clear understanding of that term. THANK YOU for your use of common sense and sound logic!

Be prepared, as you may be subjected to derogatory comments by my stalker. Common sense and sound logic appear NOT to be attributes he possesses and I suspect he resents those that do.

I fear his man crush on me has morphed into an obsession!

Man, what a rough L that was. I’ll never get over the egregious, phantom technical foul that was assessed to McCarty. We were never the same after that incident.
Yeah, total bs. I hate UNC more than any other school & was beyond pissed after that game 😂. And, it was such a letdown bc that 95 team was arguably the best in the country. I thought they were. They were a lot like 96, which is why I knew they’d win it the next season as soon as that game ended. We returned basically everybody & swapped Rhodes & Riddick for Mercer & DA. But, if we hadn’t gone cold that game I think we would’ve won it all. We were a lot closer to a 3 or 4-peat than some ppl may realize.

Non title is easy-2010. We were in a very bad place. Cal takes the job. Then Cousins days he's coming. Wall commits. Bledsoe commits. Orton still comes. We go from a laughing stock to a top 5 team instantly. We had swag for miles. We were the biggest show in town everywhere we played. We literally filled Rupp Arena for GameDay. The whole season was magical. I went to Nashville for the SEC tournament and damn that was fun. It also did wonders for my PTSD at the time. It ended very painfully but the world was put on notice, UK was back.

1996 at the time (because it was the first title of my lifetime) but 1998 eclipsed it since I was at UK and it was just a fantastic year and last month after the Valentine's Day loss.

My, my! I have a stalker, and this poster and I have crossed paths before.

I maintain a positive attitude about the basketball program. I'm naturally optimistic. I won't attack the team or the coaching staff. I like Coach Calipari and I'm genuinely glad he's our head coach.

Unfortunately, this doesn't sit well with Mr. Stalker who would prefer that I fall in line with the constant "doom, gloom and Cal sucks" playbook to which he and other Misery Munchkins on this site adhere. Hence, he's resorted to labeling me a troll.

Either that, or he's got a crush on me and is trying to get my attention. If so ... flattered, but my gate doesn't swing that way.
How do you know so much about this 'constant' 'playbook' if you're so new?

Wasn't at the '93 FF, but I've always admired the North Carolina program. They're about the only school to own us in terms of head-to-head games. I think the all-time series is 17 wins for UK and 25 for UNC. Gotta' respect that!

How do you know so much about this 'constant' 'playbook' if you're so new?
I have superpowers! For example, I can read a message board.

I also have the amazing ability to be a UK fan/alum while concurrently ...
(1) handling facts and reality, and
(2) having respect for other programs and admiration for their accomplishments.

Keep this between you and me, but I actually admire Indiana for their undefeated season of 1976. Oh, the horror! :)

Keep this between you and me, but I actually admire Indiana for their undefeated season of 1976. Oh, the horror! :)
Trolls do a lot of research to try and appear genuine

You ARE a liar. You ARE a smartass jerk. You are NOT a UK fan and I don’t know if you’re an alum or not. You defend yourself with BS and like to stir the pot. New posters that are legit don’t turn into smartasses as quick as you did. I’m guessing UL fan but I wish you’d find another board to harass.

You ARE a liar. You ARE a smartass jerk. You are NOT a UK fan and I don’t know if you’re an alum or not. You defend yourself with BS and like to stir the pot. New posters that are legit don’t turn into smartasses as quick as you did. I’m guessing UL fan but I wish you’d find another board to harass.
1) YOU make allegations for which you offer no proof, only opinions.
2) YOU engage in name-calling.
3) YOU are stalking yours truly.
4) YOU appear to have a man crush on me. (Stop the flirtations. Not interested, as previously noted. And no means no!)

You're not on a playground anymore. It's time to put on your big boy pants and grow up!

Riddle me this ... Who is the truer UK fan? Is it someone who still supports the coach and the team, or someone who doesn't?

2011-12 I followed that team across the country. MKG is in my top 5 All-Time favorite Cats. Only Final 4 I've attended and it was epic!

Riddle me this ... Who is the truer UK fan? Is it someone who still supports the coach and the team, or someone who doesn't?
You should write skewed political poll questions. They're all full of false choice nonsense like that.

I can do that too.

Riddle me this - Who is the truer UK fan? Someone who enables a mediocre, declining coach to wreck the program, or someone who doesn't?

Spot on...dude is a no life troll

Reactions: HydroCat
1) YOU make allegations for which you offer no proof, only opinions.
2) YOU engage in name-calling.
3) YOU are stalking yours truly.
4) YOU appear to have a man crush on me. (Stop the flirtations. Not interested, as previously noted. And no means no!)

You're not on a playground anymore. It's time to put on your big boy pants and grow up!

You’re a troll. Fact. You’re just here to stir things up. So how
bout you just shut up 🤐. Thanks in advance to the lying Card fan.

2003 was my favorite year that didn't end up in a NCAA Championship. As dominant as any team we've ever had on both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT