ADVERTISEMENT

What was your favorite hair band?

Still of the Night was just the best. Still great after all these years.

Keep in mind that the thread title says “was”. I was ......... a Bon Jovi fan. I wore out those tapes. Jon’s vocals, Sambora’s harmony, a guy getting laid for playing keyboards; they had it all. Even the nameless bass player(s) were good. I always thought Rick Savage of Def Leppard (my second choice) would have been a natural choice for Bon Jovi’s bassist.

Still of the Night was just the best. Still great after all these years.

Keep in mind that the thread title says “was”. I was ......... a Bon Jovi fan. I wore out those tapes. Jon’s vocals, Sambora’s harmony, a guy getting laid for playing keyboards; they had it all. Even the nameless bass player(s) were good. I always thought Rick Savage of Def Leppard (my second choice) would have been a natural choice for Bon Jovi’s bassist.
I enjoyed some bon jovi, I think we all did

Reactions: funKYcat75
Def Leppard!

Funny...my daughter started high school this year and one of her best friends step dad was their photographer for six years. He told me Phil Collen was going to be his best man in a previous engagement.

GnR was considered the anti hair band. Less about the look and more about the music. The guys who wore all the makeup were hair bands like Poison, Ratt, Motley Cruel, etc.

So big hair and makeup is the qualifier? Then my vote is Kiss. If not then I would say Whitesnake.

GnR was considered the anti hair band. Less about the look and more about the music. The guys who wore all the makeup were hair bands like Poison, Ratt, Motley Cruel, etc.

Yeah I have a hard time with Whitesnake and Def Leppard on this list. Even though I put a Whitesnake song on here. Bon Jovi as well.

Some hair bands to me:
Poison
Faster Pussycat
Warrant
Slaughter
Skid Row.
Cinderella
Twisted Sister

Reactions: DSmith21
Yeah I have a hard time with Whitesnake and Def Leppard on this list. Even though I put a Whitesnake song on here. Bon Jovi as well.

Some hair bands
Poison
Faster Pussycat
Warrant
Slaughter
Skid Row.
Cinderella
Twisted Sister

Skid Row had big hair but if GnR and Whitesnake weren't hair bands I am not sure they are either. I read where Sebastian Bach said if he had known they would have been called a hairband he wouldn't have joined the band. 🤣

Some hair bands to me:
Poison
Faster Pussycat
Warrant
Slaughter
Skid Row.
Cinderella
Twisted Sister

This is true. "Hair Band" is a derogatory term for the long list of posers who came onto the scene in the late 80's trying to capitalize on the success of the legitimate hard rock bands who had chart success in the early/mid 80s. Poison and Warrant were the main offenders IMO. Little talent - not even really hard rock bands. Under no circumstances should the following bands be considered "hair metal" - Van Halen, Def Leppard, G n R.

Big hair band and no heart...wtf..

72c11033478f21746da0513ba6a02236.jpg

Scorpions White Lion
Sammy Hager
Britny Fox Y&T
Damn Yankees White Tiger
Queensryche Accept
Alice Cooper Dokken
Quiet Riot Europe
Judas Priest Pantera
Great White Night Ranger
KISS Aldo Nova
David Lee Roth L.A. Guns
Winger Ted Nugent
Scorpions Krokus
W.A.S.P. Mr. Big

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Early GNR absolutely was putting out the hair/glam band image. Some of their early promo photos prove as much.

Now... their music wasn't what would be considered "hair band" but they most definitely tried to ride that wave early.

Early GNR absolutely was putting out the hair/glam band image. Some of their early promo photos prove as much.

Now... their music wasn't what would be considered "hair band" but they most definitely tried to ride that wave early.
Their record label made GnR do that in their first few videos. Axl threatened to quit if they didn't stop. GnR effectively ended the hair band/glam era. At least that is what Vince Neal claimed in one of the Crue's bios.

Motley Crue would get my vote as best of the hair bands.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ1975
ADVERTISEMENT