ADVERTISEMENT

What other if any sports teams do you follow?

kennywalker34

Freshman
Jan 16, 2016
Now that season is over are you done till next season?
I follow the Reds and Bengals. So UK is only team that I follow that wins year in year out.
I of course follow UK football as well.
What other teams if any do you follow/root for?

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Calipari_John_07292015_11_CP2.jpg

Been a Cardinals fan since the 1940's and a Tennessee Titans fan since they have been in Nashville.
BOOOO Cardinals. In all seriousness I as a Reds fan envy the STL Cards. Hate them though.
Wow since th 40s? That is awesome. I would have loved to saw Stan the Man play. You sir have got to watch some great players. I go back to the 70s. I am just old enough to have watched the big red machine. That I am truly thankfull for.

Been a Cardinals fan since the 1940's and a Tennessee Titans fan since they have been in Nashville.
John I am guessing your in Tenn. Is Tenn now pretty much all STL baseball fans? I know at one time many years ago Tenn and Va. were Reds states. I know VA is no longer with the D.C. having a team.

UK baseball
Celtics
Red Sox
Phillies
Boston Bruins (NHL)
Patriots

I will watch any NBA game that's on and always watch the playoffs. Usuallt watch the Masters and US Open and Wimbledon every year too.

Reactions: kennywalker34
I follow the Reds and Bengals. So UK is only team that I follow that wins year in year out.

I'm from Arkansas so i follow Arkansas Baseball, and MLB is starting soon so i'll be following the Royals

I'm from Arkansas so i follow Arkansas Baseball, and MLB is starting soon so i'll be following the Royals
Royals have always been my A.L. team. I always rooted for the Brett led teams against the Yankees in the playoffs every year from 76-78 they came up empty all 3 years though.

John I am guessing your in Tenn. Is Tenn now pretty much all STL baseball fans? I know at one time many years ago Tenn and Va. were Reds states. I know VA is no longer with the D.C. having a team.
I am in Athens, AL just across the Tennessee line, but I grew up in Crittenden County in Western, KY. KMOX, St. Louis blasted in there at night so you could almost hear it without a radio. Loved Stan the Man playing and Harry Cary calling the games. Don't know much about Tennessee baseball fans, but I think you are right about there being a lot of Cardinals fan there.

Like many others on here. Bengals & Reds fan. I grew up in NKY but now live near St Louis. I have to put up with Cardinals fans all summer & now that the Cubs are good, life is miserable here in IL

BOOOO Cardinals. In all seriousness I as a Reds fan envy the STL Cards. Hate them though.
Wow since th 40s? That is awesome. I would have loved to saw Stan the Man play. You sir have got to watch some great players. I go back to the 70s. I am just old enough to have watched the big red machine. That I am truly thankfull for.
The big red machine was a great one. Four hall of Famers, Bench, Morgan, Perez and Rose. Yes I am counting Rose for his on-field play, his off-field problems not withstanding. Ken Griffey, Sr. was on that team, too.
I'm left handed and tried to mimic Stan's stance at the plate when I played baseball in high school. I could stand like Stan but certainty could not hit like Stan.

I have always wished I was a SF Giants baseball fan though. They are usually a great team, great pitching, great, clutch and timely hitting, fun to watch, and make a run in the Playoffs with a less talented team quite often. They always just have some damn good ball players.

LA Dodgers and Oakland raiders, been a dodger fan since Sandy Koufax and meeting Pee Wee Reese at a little league clinic season and besides they are blue also lol.

Baseball - Reds

Soccer - arsenal FC and looking forward to the world cup.

GO CATS!!!!
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Denver Broncos, lived there when they acquired Elway. Go Broncos!!!
Cubs, my wife is nuts for them and I'm not a huge baseball fan but Wrigley a couple times a year is always a fun time. Plus they play in Cincinnati several times.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
San Francisco Giants since McCovey, Mays, and Marichal days.
Boston Celtics since Bill Russell and Hondo days.
Cleveland Browns since my uncle (Bob Gain) played for them.
But UK basketball totally stole my heart in 66 and I've been heartbroken this time every year with the exception of 78, 96,98 and 2012. Wink wink

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Reds and Bengals, also. Not so much on the Reds, these days... I might go to 1 game a year and turn on the radio, now and then. Trading away every All-Star for prospects will do that to a fan, I guess.

I catch every Bengals game, usually with a few neighbors. Must be the masochist in me.

A buddy has been trying to get me into FC Cincy soccer... my American sports brain can't quite get into tie games, though.

Reds and Bengals. Pretty miserable, huh? Still, I’m excited about baseball starting up. Reds will be better than people expect.

Reds, Bengals & UK Football. All NBA Teams with former Cats but no team particular.

I watch NASCAR, guess that makes me boring. Getting harder to stay interested with the big names all retiring. Once my guy Ryan Newman is out, I may be too. Trying to get behind Kyle Larson.

I'll watch the Master's or golf in extreme boredom circumstances on late Sunday afternoons. I have no problem with golf/hockey, just never really got into it. My interest in Sports has really dwindled as I get older. I watch as much as I always have but not with the same interest/passion. UK Basketball is the only constant passion.

Might start to get into the UK Baseball team since they are playing at a high level but College Baseball has always been harder to keep up with for me.

Every 4 years I'll watch the World Cup just because it's a major event. I like the Summer Olympics for the Men's Basketball and Swimming.

Last edited:
Golf,UK football,Yankees(mild interest)was an NFL fan once but lost interest along the way(Raiders years ago) I was once an avid fan of all the major sports but time has taken care of that.

I can feel that I am beginning to lose the passion I once had for UK basketball,I hope that goes more slowly than some other things but that remains to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT