ADVERTISEMENT

What is your vertical leap?

Mine.

tenor.gif
Used to could dunk a flat bball at 5'11".

I can jump over a phone book if the population of the town is 3000 or less.

36" tested back when I used to compete in olympic style weight lifting. We tested vertical jump all the time as a measure of progress in our weight training. Im 5'11" and 182 lbs. by the way.

I was measured at 18" in high school. I was 6'2", 155 lbs with big, awkward feet and couldn't dunk.

Add 100 pounds to the weight and 20 years of smoking cigs (quit 3 years ago) and I'd guess mine's about 6" today.

6'0 37 inches - of course that was a long time ago - I could dunk in high school and the fastest on the court but Briscoe has more range than I had - no jump shot what so ever - painful to watch me shoot a jumper - most impressive leapers I have seen Play in my lifetime- AIR JORDAN- DOMINQUE WILKINS - LEN BIAS - there have been a bunch of leapers but these three are ones I loved to watch rip it down

Mine is higher than Bill Laimbeer's. Legend told that you couldn't place a piece of paper between his foot and the floor during a jump shot, but that it technically WAS a jump shot.

Best dunk I ever did was the Larry Nance cradle dunk...not in a game, just messing around. I'm 6' 6", just got lucky that day...all about timing and being able to hold on to the ball. No idea what my vertical was from a stand still...not very good because I rarely dunked off two feet. I was just a skinny white dude back then.
hqdefault.jpg

I once was squirrel hunting and a rattle snake crawled between my feet. I jumped up and shot that snake 3 times before I landed. I was using a single shot shotgun. And the NBA never called

I can jump into trouble...and so far have been able to jump back out. I guess my vertical is okay...for now....

38' inches now. I am 50 years old.

When I was 25 I topped out at 43' inches, so I've lost a little with age, but still not too bad.

I can do 38" myself and I am 55.

It takes me about 38 or so vertical jumps to do that....but the result is the same...

Reactions: 83Cat
Had Bovine flatulation......

The question...

What did the cow do when he had too high a vertical leap?

Last edited:
I played in the Sweet 16 & NAIA ball.......but I swear, there's more ppl on this board that can dunk & have 40' inch verts than I've ever seen on a ball court.

Hopefully some of you have eligibility left.

I played in the Sweet 16 & NAIA ball.......but I swear, there's more ppl on this board that can dunk & have 40' inch verts than I've ever seen on a ball court.

Hopefully some of you have eligibility left.

Don't blame some...they probably used the wrong edge of the tape measure...centimeters add up quicker....

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Hey I've been lurking around but really busy since the end of bb season. You'll see me around from time to time but won't post much until closer to basketball season. How you been?

Posting on this site like a fool but doing well. I cut out a lot of hobbies due to work. This joint is in the skin. I spend way too much time here now but I like it. Be Good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT