What is your vertical leap?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Mine.

tenor.gif

Reactions: EliteBlue and Aike
Used to be high 30s but I've shelved it. Wish I had the kind of video evidence you trotted out.

Reactions: UKUGA
Whatever Hamidou squats, I squat at least 2x that, and I only weigh 15 more pounds than him, and yet my vertical is somewhere in the mid 20s.

Learned a lot about muscle functionality in trying to figure out why that is.

5'8 and can grab rim. I did a vertical jump training program in high school as part of my workout routine. That was 8 years ago though and i can already tell ive lost an inch or 2 since then.

5'10" and could dunk volleyball in my teens; used to run high hurdles with ankle weights and work out on leg press with 600+.

Then life came along......got married, worked construction, and factory for 40+ years and before my knee surgery a week ago I was using a cane to get up/ down steps.

Enjoy life while you can because it goes by fast; I know I have so far:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:! [banana][banana][banana][banana] :football::basketball::baseball::golf::pizza::burger::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

I never could jump off my toes but i used to be able to climb a 100' rope hand over hand. (A while ago...)

Reactions: ib4ky
Now terrible because im getting old but with a little practice i bet i could still get at least 26-30" many years ago when i played it measured several times and it would vary from 36"-41" from the various camps i attended and schools checking me out. It all depended on how good i felt that day, the floor etc. Some places had a board you jumped straight up and your finger would make a swipe on it. Others had these little tubes hanging down that were in 1" increments. I wasnt fond of these because sometimes the longer ones would jam your finger keeping you from hitting the next smaller one.
I could first dunk in 7th grade when i was 5'7", i had some good genes as uncle played at Virginia Tech and dad was triple A baseball. But i learned it took hard work to get where you wanted. I practiced jumping and my uncle would put me through weight training on my legs and body motion like he was taught. I even had some old shoes with these blocks screwed from the soil of the shoe into them so i would always be walking on the front part of my feet. Of course stretching is key as well as strength.

I dont care what color you are most people have the ability to do what they think they cant do. Just have to work at it.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
I never measured mine back in the day. But, I'm 5'9" and could grab the rim. So it had to be decent for a suburban white boy.

I was a 5'9 NBA wannabe too and was able to dunk a tennis ball. Never actually measured my hops but had to be at least 36 inches.
My 4'11 mom and 5'8 dad were great people but a terrible gene pool for my NBA aspirations!!

5'7", could dunk a mini bball or tennis ball. Use to out jump 6'2" guys all the time for headballs in soccer. My college soccer coach stood me up in front of a camp he was doing, had coached 30 years, said he never coached a better player in the air than me(half the campers were taller than me).
Like some mentioned, weights made a huge difference. Was strong in my legs and used to bench 320 in college, weighing 175. Jumping in soccer is like rebounding, not shooting. Bodies hanging off you, need strength to clear space and still go up. Having a good eye for the ball and reaction to where the ball is going is huge as well. If you see the flight or trajectory of the ball before, and you are strong enough to keep your position, you will often win(think Chuck Hayes, Oakley, Rodman-not big guys as per height, but strong bases and strong upper bodies).
Not bragging, just relating my experience and observations. As I broke my back playing soccer, and discovered it years later, I have a hard time jumping over a piece of paper now. You lose timing, strength, etc if you don't stay with it and if time and mileage catch up, and they will.

Whatever 6' tall with 6' wingspan that could dunk with the palm sized ball would be easily one handed.. Have Donald Trump hand problems and couldn't palm a full size ball.. That's was before 15 years of crawling in the coal mines pushed my vertical into the negatives.. I did those vertical training things back in the early 90s.. Actually worked..

Reactions: ib4ky
I could jump on a brick (laid flat) but would probably break some toes if I tried the same with a concrete block...

I am 61 so if you divide my age by 10 you have the answer. Unless of course I just ate some watermelon then cut the answer in half.

Reactions: 78Gooses
I am 6 feet tall and could out rebound a lot of guys bigger than me . A lot of block out and and timing .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT