ADVERTISEMENT

What is the current roster?

I am neither a friend of Cal nor a family member. I have had this name on here since 2004. I support UK. And if Cal is the coach I support him. Period. Just like I will support the next coach 100%.
Never said your weren't a UK fan or had many names. I was describing this board. I said you running to defend Cal a second after someone bashes him was part of the problem.
This isn't a board to discuss UK anymore. It's about Cal Haters and Cal defenders. You all need help.

Never said your weren't a UK fan or had many names. I was describing this board. I said you running to defend Cal a second after someone bashes him was part of the problem.
This isn't a board to discuss UK anymore. It's about Cal Haters and Cal defenders. You all need help.
I defend Cal, the players, and the program.

Starting lineup
Wheeler
Wallace
Livingston
Toppin
Oscar
The bricks will be flying.Only hope of adding someone is a Rob Dillingham reclass but that would take Wheeler's heart.

I argue

Wheeler
Frederick
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

1st off the bench in order

Wallace
Collins
Livingston
Ware
Thiero (spot minutes)

I argue

Wheeler
Frederick
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

1st off the bench in order

Wallace
Collins
Livingston
Ware
Thiero (spot minutes)
Wallace and Livingston will both start, I believe. After watching some film of each I don't think they can be benched.

Wallace and Livingston will both start, I believe. After watching some film of each I don't think they can be benched.
It’s going to be interesting to watch how Cal manages the roster.

Wheeler will start at PG. Tshiebwe will start at C. Both play 30+ minutes a game.

Who starts and plays the most with them is debatable.

I think Wallace is probably close to a lock to start and play significant minutes.

Toppin probably starts at PF.

I think Livingston starts opposite of Wallace. That’s the most athletic lineup.

No shooters, though, so starting Reeves (or Fredrick) to get a shooter on the floor seems practical.

So, while I agree about Livingston starting, I can see why some would consider Reeves the better choice.

Will Cal go with the experienced shooter or the young athletic wing?

We shall see.

Roster is top 15ish rn. I can’t believe it looks like we added a single transfer.
Especially when next year's roster was originally supposed to include:

Skyy Clark
Cason Wallace
Sahvir Wheeler
CJ Fredrick
Shaedon Sharpe
Chris Livingston
Jacob Toppin
Lance Ware
Damion Collins
Oscar T

Cal's message: Thiero and Reeves are the equivalent to Sharpe and Clark?

I don't think so, Cal.

This roster is razor thin. We're an injury in the backcourt away from being forced to play a fringe four star in the guard rotation.

Especially when next year's roster was originally supposed to include:

Skyy Clark
Cason Wallace
Sahvir Wheeler
CJ Fredrick
Shaedon Sharpe
Chris Livingston
Jacob Toppin
Lance Ware
Damion Collins
Oscar T

Cal's message: Thiero and Reeves are the equivalent to Sharpe and Clark?

I don't think so, Cal.

This roster is razor thin. We're an injury in the backcourt away from being forced to play a fringe four star in the guard rotation.
Imagine an injury to Tshiebwe? The season is over at that point. Even if we added another body inside, no one is replacing the big guy.

At least at guard we have four pretty solid options. Five if you include Livingston at the 3.

And versatility. If we lose Wheeler, I think Wallace would be fine running the show. If Wallace goes down, Fredrick and Reeves can pick up the slack at SG. Livingston gets hurt, we can put Reeves at the 3.

But we can’t worry about injuries, that’s something that no amount of depth can really help you with. Arguably the deepest team we ever had (2015) was never the same after Poythress was injured.

This should help

9225-F712-249-F-4430-A03-E-4534-FA73-C5-C9.jpg

I am neither a friend of Cal nor a family member. I have had this name on here since 2004. I support UK. And if Cal is the coach I support him. Period. Just like I will support the next coach 100%.
You’re always here to save the day Eddie Joe. Idk what Cal would do without you and your constant support on this site. You definitely don’t look crazy when you patrol the board 24/7 and completely ruin threads. Hahahaha

Last edited:
You’re always here to save the day Eddie Joe. Idk what Cal would do without you and your constant support on this site. You definitely don’t look crazy when you patrol the board 24/7 and completely ruin threads. Hahahaha
What ruins this board is the 4-5 posters that start the same tired threads every day. I’m sorry me being positive bothers you so much.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Another wing scorer in particular, but apparently Cal thought it was more important to work on his tan than beat the bushes like his life depended on it to deepen this roster.
Lifetime contracts man...
Removes the urgency and worry

Fredrick staying healthy is a big ask.

Also, they likely won’t be on the floor that much because Wallace and Livingston are going to get most of the minutes at the 2 and 3 spots, IMHO. And we need both of them out there together to spread the floor. That’s not going to happen much at all.
Nah....don't worry....when is the last time UK had a player injured....10 is plenty....can only play 5 at a time...how dare you question HOF coach Cal

What a good boy you are....now go get your treat for being a good boy

Yeah, cause you know for sure Dillingham (who has never played a minute of D1 basketball) is going to be more productive than a 2 time all SEC pg who was 3rd in the nation in assists last year. Some of you guys are something else.
Still couldn't win the SEC or beat St Peters with that PG though...you seem to have left that out

and you know we could with Dillingham? You must have missed the whole point.
Nope....you did....we know how far Wheeler can take the team.....no SEC title and a 1st round loss

Teams figured out to make him shoot cause he can't and Cal let him

Just because someone holds a position doesn’t mean you have to support them. I’m sure your a fan of the US too but doubtful you supported both Trump and Biden.

Yeah, cause you know for sure Dillingham (who has never played a minute of D1 basketball) is going to be more productive than a 2 time all SEC pg who was 3rd in the nation in assists last year. Some of you guys are something else.
So you would take Jordan Bone over John Wall?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT