ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Lanier to UT

Recruiting lights are looking pretty bright for Pope right now. You think Drew or Hurley would’ve whiffed on all of Osobor, McNeeley, Davis, and Lanier if we had hired one of them as our coach? I doubt it.
So you know for a fact Hurley would have paid your first 3 names what they were demanding? You 'actually' think Hurley does not walk away from good recruits?

Then go root for those teams then. The first 3 you mentioned pope didn’t whiff on.
Whiffed suggest that Pope wanted them at any cost and couldn't get them. Since we weren't a part of those discussions, we don't know if Pope whiffed on them or if he told them what his terms are and they chose elsewhere. It is amazing the number of half empty glass people who are still on this board masquerading as UK fans.

Kentucky absolutely wanted this guy, but it didnt work out. Kentucky being in the hunt was actually kind of surprising as the guy is a Tennessee native, and Barnes certainly allowed Knecht to blossom.
Whether it works out or not remains to be seen. This is really no different than basic recruiting. Sometimes you get em, sometimes you dont.

Reactions: track42 and TM2013
Kentucky absolutely wanted this guy, but it didnt work out. Kentucky being in the hunt was actually kind of surprising as the guy is a Tennessee native, and Barnes certainly allowed Knecht to blossom.
Whether it works out or not remains to be seen. This is really no different than basic recruiting. Sometimes you get em, sometimes you dont.
How do you know who Kentucky wanted? There is a difference between interested in a player if the price is right vs going after a player at any cost.

Whiffed suggest that Pope wanted them at any cost and couldn't get them. Since we weren't a part of those discussions, we don't know if Pope whiffed on them or if he told them what his terms are and they chose elsewhere. It is amazing the number of half empty glass people who are still on this board masquerading as UK fans.
It’s also funny to me the ones that are saying osobor is a miss. 2 million for osobor is a robbery in broad daylight

Let the crybabies have their moment in the sun now because they are gonna look like miserable losers once the season starts and they see first hand that coaching and experience actually matters.
The crybabies will find something to cry about no matter how well the team does.

• Haha
Reactions: UKortho
Gotta close with 2/3 of

Robinson
Poplar
Riley
Robinson ain't all that. He started out at TAMU and couldn't see the floor, so he transferred to Arkansas and couldn't see the floor, so he transferred to BYU. He's a decent 3 point shooter, but nothing special, can't create his own shot, and couldn't defend my little sister. If you need a stand still, spot up shooter, who shoots a low percentage from 3, then he's your guy.

Robinson ain't all that. He started out at TAMU and couldn't see the floor, so he transferred to Arkansas and couldn't see the floor, so he transferred to BYU. He's a decent 3 point shooter, but nothing special, can't create his own shot, and couldn't defend my little sister. If you need a stand still, spot up shooter, who shoots a low percentage from 3, then he's your guy.
Maybe stick to something else, basketball isn't for you

Let the crybabies have their moment in the sun now because they are gonna look like miserable losers once the season starts and they see first hand that coaching and experience actually matters.
And what if they have a bad season?Will you call yourself a moron?

Considering Pope coached him last season, he knows exactly what he brings to the table which can't be said about Lanier.

Reactions: pokerpig
Are you talking about Robinson or UK's leftovers, burned out, has-been coach?

I watched several BYU games, guy drove to the basket tons, shot 2's and 3's went left and right. He is an average defender not a lockdown but is capable.

Lanier might be the guy you are thinking about not defending people. lol

Roach was never (like Lanier) coming here. not a miss at all.

Osobor tried to hold teams out for ransom, Washington went for it. Not a miss, a decision not to pay a guys way too much money. Get over it.

Davis not sure, do not think we ever got him here to even offer anything. again someone that does not want to come here is not a miss. It is like saying I almost bought a Rolls Royce but ended up with a Yugo because that is all I was willing to pay.
The cope is so hard that it almost looks like sarcasm.

And we got 11 others so ……….
Yay. We filled out a roster just like every other team.
Don’t know how they can be missed if Kentucky never offered them, or in roaches case never even got a visit. Osobor was our bidding war and Kentucky was never paying that money. Davis was most likely that also.
We had Brooks flying out to meet with Roach. They wanted him bad. Pope not willing to pay the money on players or not is irrelevant. He wanted both Osobor and Davis. He’s going to have to put his big boy pants on at some point. These other teams have done what it takes to land the top players. Pope isn’t going to make it here unless he does the same.

We had Brooks flying out to meet with Roach. They wanted him bad. Pope not willing to pay the money on players or not is irrelevant. He wanted both Osobor and Davis. He’s going to have to put his big boy pants on at some point. These other teams have done what it takes to land the top players. Pope isn’t going to make it here unless he does the same.
Roach committed April 21st, Alvin brooks was announced on April 25th so I don’t know how that would line up.

Last edited:

how did we have Brooks flying out to meet with Roach when Brooks didn’t announce for UK till April 25th and Roach committed to Baylor on April 21st?

Does Brooks have the ability to manipulate time and space?

Pope hasn't coached a single game at Kentucky, but you already know what Pope needs to do differently than what he is currently doing to be successful. Too bad you didn't give Cal your advice.

So wrong on every point that it's pathetic..I also noticed ukortho liked it but laughed at a post I made earlier, that's fine, I've laughed at his shit before also

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
So wrong on every point that it's pathetic..I also noticed ukortho liked it but laughed at a post I made earlier, that's fine, I've laughed at his shit before also
Isn't Ukortho the guy that guaranteed Cal was gone after the 22-23 season? Yeah, he was.

The cope is so hard that it almost looks like sarcasm.
Well my typical sarcasm is littered with jocularity. That post was not. Coping methods differ and I would say your trying to point out others coping is your way of coping. So right back at you.

Said brooks flew out to see roach when roach committed 4 before brooks was officially hired. So that’s not facts. Also his group is equating reaching out for intial contact on a lot these guys and saying it’s a miss. If that’s the case then every coaching staff in America misses on alot of players if intially reaching out is considered a miss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT