ADVERTISEMENT

Complain to the Athletic Department

Feb 17, 2013
I don’t know to what extent if any the AD reads these forums. Instead of complaining here, I sent a short message to the athletic department at ukathletics@uky.edu expressing my displeasure at retaining Calipari. I tried to keep it professional. I have been a fan since the 1950s ( yes, I am old) and have never seen such discontent at the state of the basketball program. True, there have been other difficult times, but the situations were always readily repaired. I just hope I am not six feet under before the current quagmire inflicted upon us by the incompetent Calipari is finally remedied.

According to KSR yesterday, the administration had no idea the fans were upset. They said while we, the fans, were looking at the 2024 season as a "last chance" for Cal, they were not. The administration was surprised at the vitriol and national media attention after the loss.
Like most things in life, those in charge are so out of touch with us common folk.

According to KSR yesterday, the administration had no idea the fans were upset. They said while we, the fans, were looking at the 2024 season as a "last chance" for Cal, they were not. The administration was surprised at the vitriol and national media attention after the loss.
You cannot be serious. Did they not see the fan with the go to Texas sign last year? Wow.

Plagiarize much?? Lmbo!!![roll][roll]
I changed some words

9759320.gif

They don’t care about our opinions, but I do enjoy the thought of someone, anyone, there having to slog through mountain after mountain of emails. Just an endless stream of hate filing in. Finally clear the folder only to find another hundred new ones pop up.

We can complain all we want, they'll just ask us to fork over 33m.
... and the ones asking for us to "fork over" 33m are the ones that created the mess. I say start firing there first ... fire "for cause" ... a failure to perform according to the tenets of their employment agreements. Do these clowns answer to no one? They just sit around and vote themselves a "raise" in salary that's more than any of us make per year, without raises each year. Then they will ask us annually for more, in addition to NIL. It's all a perfect crime without any serious consequences to "them". The perfect crime. UK Athletics is now officially a "crime scene". Who ya gonna call?

... and the ones asking for us to "fork over" 33m are the ones that created the mess. I say start firing there first ... fire "for cause" ... a failure to perform according to the tenets of their employment agreements. Do these clowns answer to no one? They just sit around and vote themselves a "raise" in salary that's more than any of us make per year, without raises each year. Then they will ask us annually for more, in addition to NIL. It's all a perfect crime without any serious consequences to "them". The perfect crime. UK Athletics is now officially a "crime scene". Who ya gonna call?
He hasn't done anything to be fired for just cause, though.

My $.02 worth just sent this to the athletic department. I am retiring for a spell from this forum to recharge my batteries. Enjoy most of the commentary here, except from those that vehemently disagree and, as little children, resort to name calling as they cannot communicate very well in writing. Can’t wait till next season!!

In the corporate world, that I was a part of for 36 years, results are measured and compared to the goals. Shortfalls are given time to be corrected and, if not, changes are made. Does the administration do such an evaluation? If so, you cannot possibly believe that the past 5 seasons, really since the end of the 2015 season, have met the goals for our basketball program. I state “our” because since 1969 as a 10 year old falling in love with UK basketball and Coach Rupp. No, I am not a donor but attended the SEC tournaments for years until COW stated this tournament was not important (I imagine the tournament officials loved that proclamation). I acknowledge his spectacular successes until 2015, but the failures since have even been more spectacular. Bill Bellichek and Bobby Bowden had similar downward trajectories near the end of their careers and stepped aside as they began to accept their days had passed.

All blame for this ongoing train wreck falls upon the shoulders of the athletic department and the administration. You have allowed and accepted that Kalipairie can do whatever he wants.
Some examples:
1. The greatest night in UK basketball history - COW speaking not at the conclusion of the 2012 championship game. — No!!! About the NBA draft in 2013, I believe. Did anyone the next morning pull him aside for a friendly chat?
2. I don’t coach to win, but to end generational poverty. Is that a stipulation in his coaching contract? Does he provide financial assistance to the 10+ players who will not even sniff the NBA but will have to use their UK degree to work for a living? Again, did anyone in the AD ask him to explain?
3. Skipping or cutting short post game press conferences when he loses and talking ad nauseum when he wins. Hello - any pushback to your employee? The athletic department must cringe every time he opens his mouth especially when on a national stage. He is a textbook narcissist!

I could go on and on but to what benefit. You folks are not going to read this and could care less. The patient is running the asylum! You have cuddled and created a monster who is stealing the university blind. You cannot get rid of him as he owns you. COW may not be able to verbally put a sentence together or have a coherent thought, but his IQ far exceeds some employed in the athletic department. There are surely some intelligent people working there (my apologies) but obviously none of them are making the decisions, or should I state, non-decisions

I will continue to watch and support the kids despite my loathing of the current coach but will not buy merchandise or attend games any more until somebody wakes up and realizes what a dumpster fire this man has made of our gloried tradition and YOU, not COW, are to blame. Can’t wait until next season!!!

Last edited:
They don’t care about our opinions, but I do enjoy the thought of someone, anyone, there having to slog through mountain after mountain of emails. Just an endless stream of hate filing in. Finally clear the folder only to find another hundred new ones pop up.
Snail mail is 100x better. If the AD, President’s office and Cal all get letters from the upset fans it will bog down the post office and mail department. Good chance it gets picked up by the local news and national writers if critical mass is hit. Needs to be a coordinated effort.

Last edited:
He hasn't done anything to be fired for just cause, though.
The devil is in the details ... especially legally. I'm not an attorney, but when Cal publicly states that he has no commitment to the very things any prudent person would believe to be included as fundamental basic performance covenants of ANY like-contract, that question should be considered as a potential course of action. Even the threat of UK testing a legal filing, for cause, could move Cal to willingly seek an amiable negotiation so he could get the hell out of Lexington without a full-blown legal action. I'm sure UK doesn't want this at all, for good reason, but I can't believe that case cannot be made or at least threatened to be made/tested considering the plethora of damning comments Cal has made over the years that would suggest he is indeed in violation of the intent of the contract.

LOL some of you crack me up. The athletic department isn't reading these emails. They will just filter them and delete them. It's a fairly simple process with the right filter. Waste your time though lol The only way people make a dent is to not attend games. People aren't going to do that so we are where we are.

LOL some of you crack me up. The athletic department isn't reading these emails. They will just filter them and delete them. It's a fairly simple process with the right filter. Waste your time though lol The only way people make a dent is to not attend games. People aren't going to do that so we are where we are.
They will not stop attending games ... until they do. BBN is pissed and that's a shitload of people that aren't happy about the pillaging of something they consider precious to them being ruined by a bunch of carpetbaggers guilty of theft being committed in plain sight. It's not their program ... it's ours. Cal's opened Pandora's box and Mitch has lost the lid.

I emailed him. I framed it like this. Barney pretends to be this morales principled person but he has sold the soul of athletics for $$$$$$$. UK bb belongs to the state not the university. The revenue in rupp for instance most a vast majority never went to UK. It’s about much more. It’s a distraction it’s common ground for dads and kids etc etc. Barney is a phony. To allow money to kill uk bb is immoral greed. I said since he’s already bowed to the dollar swallow deep fire cal and hire pitino, the buyout will fix itself and pitino will fix the program. Uk fans don’t want a humanitarian as coach we need someone who can coach and win. Now that Barney has show he is no more principled than Rick fire cal swallow the 6 million and hire pitino. It really is that simple.

Reactions: Ky grandpa

Seriously? I know they said that but there’s no way they truly believe that, right?

Reactions: kats23
I emailed him. I framed it like this. Barney pretends to be this morales principled person but he has sold the soul of athletics for $$$$$$$. UK bb belongs to the state not the university. The revenue in rupp for instance most a vast majority never went to UK. It’s about much more. It’s a distraction it’s common ground for dads and kids etc etc. Barney is a phony. To allow money to kill uk bb is immoral greed. I said since he’s already bowed to the dollar swallow deep fire cal and hire pitino, the buyout will fix itself and pitino will fix the program. Uk fans don’t want a humanitarian as coach we need someone who can coach and win. Now that Barney has show he is no more principled than Rick fire cal swallow the 6 million and hire pitino. It really is that simple.

Best post of the Day or WEEK or Month....

GBB

I don’t know to what extent if any the AD reads these forums. Instead of complaining here, I sent a short message to the athletic department at ukathletics@uky.edu expressing my displeasure at retaining Calipari. I tried to keep it professional. I have been a fan since the 1950s ( yes, I am old) and have never seen such discontent at the state of the basketball program. True, there have been other difficult times, but the situations were always readily repaired. I just hope I am not six feet under before the current quagmire inflicted upon us by the incompetent Calipari is finally remedied.
Complaints to the Athletic Department will fall on deaf ears because the AD is the source of the problem. Barney awarded Cal an incredibly stupid lifetime contract with no accountability. So the miserly will continue for years unless someone is willing to pony up about $35 million to pay Cal to leave. This would be really hard for anyone to swallow.

Reactions: Blueaz
I bet that spam inbox has 10k messages only to be auto deleted in a month. 😂. You really are better off sending a physical letter because human eyes have to scan it most likely other than being scanned and auto forwarded to junk or spam.

Reactions: K86 and UK-chulo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT