ADVERTISEMENT

What is going on with Cal?

May 31, 2023
He assembled a good recruiting class and stopped there. Does he have a plan to go after players who are withdrawing from the draft? I think this group we have will be good but can they go far with only seven players?

The staff seemed to go all in on Dickinson and Johnson, but no real back up plans. So here we are waiting until the last minute to see if anyone comes back or if any late withdrawals would have interest in playing with mostly freshman.

I guess we all have to hope the incoming freshmen exceed their hype and ball out of their minds.

The staff seemed to go all in on Dickinson and Johnson, but no real back up plans. So here we are waiting until the last minute to see if anyone comes back or if any late withdrawals would have interest in playing with mostly freshman.

I guess we all have to hope the incoming freshmen exceed their hype and ball out of their minds.
Cal will coach them up........
GOOOOOOOOO!!!!
STOPPPPPPPP!!!
RUNNNNNNN!!!

Cal will speak to media and fans one of these days soon.
"We got who we wanted. I'm ready to roll with these guys. Let's go. I like my team. Be patient. Blame me. These are all good kids. Let's see what happens........in March.

Just be patient and wait......."
First win over a sub par team- “everyone can get on the back of the bandwagon”

Followed by the next loss- crickets *sends an assistant out to do pressers*

I really do think the game finally passed him by. He was always on top but now he’s just a middle tier guy. Hopefully this season goes well but if it doesn’t, he needs to go.

Fat and lazy.
FAAAAAAAR COW PERRY

(no, seriously, please fire Calipari).

giphy.gif

Getting the recruiting class is ALL that he cares about. He does not care about the fans, or guys that would be sitting on the bench once he whittles down his roster in February or so.

Reactions: cathouse
We will find out when Cal is in the Green Room with Wallace, then he excuses himself after the lottery selection is over and Wallace wasn’t selected. (I hope not)

Reactions: NociHTTP
He assembled a good recruiting class and stopped there. Does he have a plan to go after players who are withdrawing from the draft? I think this group we have will be good but can they go far with only seven players?
He hasn't stopped. He's never stopped working to improve UK. Yes, he has a plan. We will have a full roster. Like always. Only ones thinking differently are the super minority here that think they are a majority. They are on recess now. But they will be back.

• Haha
Reactions: UKGrad93
He hasn't stopped. He's never stopped working to improve UK. Yes, he has a plan. We will have a full roster. Like always. Only ones thinking differently are the super minority here that think they are a majority. They are on recess now. But they will be back.
If he works as hard as you say he does, it just means he's doing it wrong… like, really, really wrong.

I really do think the game finally passed him by. He was always on top but now he’s just a middle tier guy. Hopefully this season goes well but if it doesn’t, he needs to go.
Seems like Cal and Huggins are both declining in their coaching and the game is passing them by rather quickly.

Reactions: NociHTTP and Mike-D

A full incomplete roster.

If he works as hard as you say he does, it just means he's doing it wrong… like, really, really wrong.
I was just gonna say. He may have a plan but there is a spectrum of plans. There are good plans, average plans, terrible plans. No matter where the plan falls it can be executed well or poorly or almost anywhere in between.

I was just gonna say. He may have a plan but there is a spectrum of plans. There are good plans, average plans, terrible plans. No matter where the plan falls it can be executed well or poorly or almost anywhere in between.
So far, his plan is as bad as a 150lb dude climbing into the ring with the 1994 version of Mike Tyson.

Yea what has he been doing the last 2 months. We all knew Wallace, Toppin, Collins, and Wheeler were gone. Most everyone thought Livingston was gone (especially since he almost left mid-season).. Ugo Onensyo leaving and coming back was a surprise. I think Reeves leaving is a surprise (if that happens). And Oscar was always a 50/50, and frankly Calipari could have pushed him to the NBA the week after the season was over. So that was 5-6 for sures were leaving. He had to know he needed replacements.

The game has passed him by.
Does he really have any motivation to perform? Lifetime contract and feeling heat from the fanbase? Knowing his demeanor and disposition, does he care at this point or is he content in appearing to care but taking some glee in underperforming and burning his detractors? All he wants is to get these freshmen drafted next year. From everything I've seen, this is who he seems to be. I hope not but Cal is thin-skinned and demands to be loved and that's not happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT