ADVERTISEMENT

Pope Crushing, Cal Panicking

We are allowed to move on. We wanted him gone. He left. He did us a favor. He didn’t hold us hostage. Let’s move forward and not look like the pathetic ex hoping the new bf commits some DV. Let’s just move on and be happy with our new model.
You can move on if you like. That is a personal decision. However, I don't have issues with anyone who wants to continue giving Hal I mean Cal what he deserves. He is a fraud who hurt this program and the fans, so he deserves every bit of crap that he is receiving. He certainly didn't mind taking shots at fans.

Long way to go in this portal battle, I do not think Cal is "panicking", he has being doing this a long time, he will get talent, wait until the rosters are set then compare. Now the coaching part of it, that is a different beast in its own. If you do not think Cal will have a solid roster when all is said and done at Arkansas, you haven't been paying attention. He is gone, I really DGAF what he does or doesn't do, as long as UK beats Arkansas, that is all that matters to me. Claiming victory half way thru the game is silly. Panicking ? LOL, I do not think he is.
He has been jobbing young kids. Cal has done very little to nothing in the portal as a coach. This is a totally new environment for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
The only thing for sure is, as soon as Coach Pope loses a couple of games in a row this board will completely turn on him. If Arkansas is having any kind of success it will be a total shit show on here and you can count on that.
Now that’s a scary prediction but true!

Look for Cal and Arkansas to land Davis, Wagner, Garrison and White by the next weekend. They will have a good roster also.
Considering it's not all freshmen that would likely make Cal's best team in years. But the Davis isn't Anthony so I still don't see any titles coming to Arkansas.

Considering it's not all freshmen that would likely make Cal's best team in years. But the Davis isn't Anthony so I still don't see any titles coming to Arkansas.

Prob not.

Then again they prob have reduced standards there. A sweet 16/ an elite 8 isn't out of the question and that might be okay for year 1 for them.

stupid youtube GIF

I was looking over the players rankings for portal players. I wouldn’t say Pope is crushing it.

Lol, not taking sides. Just pointing out something I find funny. I see UT fans calling us hillbillies and coal miners. I just have to chuckle. What do they think they are?
I was just razzing you.

And giving the Hog fan a hard time for coming to OUR board to downplay our roster additions while uplifting his new king's. Cal has them overplaying every aspect of what Cal is doing.

All of those memes are from the movie Deliverance. You may be too young to have ever seen it. It stars Burt Reynolds and Kentucky's own Ned Beatty.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
I was just razzing you.

And giving the Hog fan a hard time for coming to OUR board to downplay our roster additions and uplift his new king's. Cal has them overplaying every aspect of what Cal is doing.

All of those memes are from the movie Deliverance. Which was set in the Ozarks in Arkansas. You may be too young to have ever seen it. It has Burt Reynolds and Kentucky's own Ned Beatty.
I've seen it. It's supposed to be in northern Georiga I thought. Though it may have been shot in Arkansas.

Four Atlanta businessmen—Lewis Medlock, Ed Gentry, Bobby Trippe, and Drew Ballinger—decide to canoe down a river in the remote northern Georgia wilderness before it is dammed

Reactions: catben
I've seen it. It's supposed to be in northern Georiga I thought. Though it may have been shot in Arkansas.

Four Atlanta businessmen—Lewis Medlock, Ed Gentry, Bobby Trippe, and Drew Ballinger—decide to canoe down a river in the remote northern Georgia wilderness before it is dammed
You are right. For some odd reason I thought it was filmed in Arkansas , but it wasn't. It was filmed in north Georgia where the setting for the movie and book actually was.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I doubt Cal is panicking. He’s super rich and doing his thing. I’m only slightly interested in Cal, and I hope we beat his butt next year.

I like what Coach Pope is doing. Totally on board.
No one was trying to hire Pope - all of the top coaches turned Kentucky down - the "fans" posting were positive Hurley would be begging for the job. But Connecticut is by far a superior program. The funniest part is that many posters think Lexington is Camelot - "Lexington, Kentucky is the 62nd largest city in the United States, with a population of 295,803" - anyone that believes players or coaches want to live in Lexington haven't traveled much.

The players that came to Kentucky in the last 15 years was because of Calipari not UK or Lexington. Now the posters are trying to say the Kentucky roster is better than the Arkansas roster. Calipari has done an amazing job at recruiting. Maybe Pope will be successful but he was the 5th or 6th coach offered the job.

As usual with Kentucky fans - Pope is a world class coach.

There are only 3 blueblood schools left - Duke, Connecticut and Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT