ADVERTISEMENT

What if

Then I'll be convinced borderline illegal activity or at least unethical is occurring in some shape form or fashion.
I think Duke gets R.J,, not Zion. But it's believable they could get both. My impression is that Duke is highly organized and really plans out their recruiting strategy a couple of years in advance.

Like I said, doubt they get Zion, although I can't really think of any other recruiting situation that would be seismic.

Reactions: youknowit1
I think Duke gets R.J,, not Zion. But it's believable they could get both. My impression is that Duke is highly organized and really plans out their recruiting strategy a couple of years in advance.

Like I said, doubt they get Zion, although I can't really think of any other recruiting situation that would be seismic.
What the hell is a Bluedevil Wildcat, nope no such thing get that outta here :uzi:

Gotta wonder what Fran franchilla meant

So all we heard when Cal was getting the number one recruiting class every year was how Cal had to be paying players to get classes like that. Now that Coach K, Self and Miller are doing it all you can hear is chirping crickets. C'mon guys which is it? If Cal was paying players to get those classes and now your coaches are out recruiting him it has to mean you are paying more right?

That sure is stretching what actually happened. To each his own...
I really don't think it is all that much of a stretch,Diallo gave his best effort to leave without ever playing a minute here,that is hard to dispute.He may be a 15 and 6 guy this season or he may not.

As to the point of the thread,both could choose Duke(I doubt that they will)recruiting is an ever evolving process,it is like a pendulum swinging first one way and then the other.Cal has had a good run but even he can't keep it going forever.

The board would go into full meltdown mode and be all over the map from Cal has lost it and is done to calling for congressional investigations of K and Duke.I think it is more likely that neither of them end up at Duke

Last edited:

Highly organized they don't just hope to get them like everyone else .

I was listening to a podcast that Evan Daniels was a part of this morning and he stated that Duke is in a really strong position for landing both Zion and RJ Barrett.

Duke is not landing Reddish, Barett, and Zion.

Still cannot figure out why all of these guys are interested in Duke. K has a terrible record with OAD's, he has guys like Allen on the roster, and he's at the end of his rope. It just doesn't make sense.

I was shaking my head when he stated that Duke was in that kind of position with BOTH of them.

Last edited:
I was listening to a podcast that Evan Daniels was a part of this morning and he stated that Duke is in a really strong position for landing both Zion and RJ Barrett.

Everyone who follows recruiting acts like Duke gets everyone they want. Why should the analysts think any different? They know about as much about it as the rest of us.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Duke is not landing Reddish, Barett, and Zion.

Still cannot figure out why all of these guys are interested in Duke. K has a terrible record with OAD's, he has guys like Allen on the roster, and he's at the end of his rope. It just doesn't make sense.
A point well taken,K record with OAD's is well documented,maybe they see all the calls and seeding breaks Duke gets and figure it is an easier road to pick up a national championship on their way to the NBA.There has to be a great deal of negative recruiting going on there,from a player development and business perspective going to UK over Duke would seem an easy choice

A point well taken,K record with OAD's is well documented,maybe they see all the calls and seeding breaks Duke gets and figure it is an easier road to pick up a national championship on their way to the NBA.There has to be a great deal of negative recruiting going on there,from a player development and business perspective going to UK over Duke would seem an easy choice

And the way it happened.

Cal came off of elite 8, final four, title, while putting the top 2 players in the draft. That's not to mention all of the other NBA guys we put in. Then we create pro day, and are known as the best choice for OAD top rated guys. It's a no brainer.

All of a sudden K decides to not hold players back, and what? Announce to the recruiting scene that he's gonna be like Cal and? Come on in?

It's bizarre, and I still think Duke is cheating in some way.

The chances of Zion and Barrett going to Duke is less than the chances of them both going to UK, which is less than the chances of my post not being quoted in this thread.

Zion Williamson wants to play SF at the next level, so Duke is out.

I want to see this starting lineup at UK in 2018, because I love small ball.

6'6 ~250 Zion Willimason at center
6'6 ~215 Keldon Johnson at PF
6'6 ~200
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander at SF, or 6'4 ~200 Grimes
6'3 Immanuel Quickley
6'2 Darius Garland or 6'1 Soph Quade Green

Cal's runts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
False. This never happened

Here you go. Evan Daniels is on the podcast for the first 5 to 10 minutes talking about Duke's incoming class and their 2018 class. He states that Duke is in a really strong position of landing both RJ and Zion.

Fast forward to the 8 minute mark to get to the Barrett and Zion talk.

Last edited:
He won't, so no worries. If he was all American material he would not even be here. You are 100% correct. I am not and never will be a fan of Diallo. Been following the cats since 1963 and I have never seen a player try so hard to NOT play a single game after commiting.

LOL

Well you both obviously loving riling up the BBN lol.

While I am NOT a blue shades type of guy, nor am I a homer. I call a spade a spade, or a turd a turd. But I have been following cats basketball since 1963. I do like stirring the pot a bit around here, it's been a long summer with no basketball, and since I do not follow any pro sports, Cats is all I got.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
While I am NOT a blue shades type of guy, nor am I a homer. I call a spade a spade, or a turd a turd. But I have been following cats basketball since 1963. I do like stirring the pot a bit around here, it's been a long summer with no basketball, and since I do not follow any pro sports, Cats is all I got.

Gosh with those common like colleges up by you, you should have plenty of slime to spread around without us, lol.

Kiss my grits...

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Well obviously I like stirring pots or I wouldnt of called you UNCfaninky..... Its the 2nd worst thing to be called on these boards next to Zipp LOL [winking]

If you and him were the same person though.. split personality disorder would be the only possible way since you two dont post alike ....

If they do, they do. Probably not gonna happen. If those players didn't want to join BBN, that's their loss. Sky wouldn't be falling for me. Star recruits doesn't guarantee championships. We know that from experience. I would just love our players that much more. Go Cats!!

Mock them mightily when the inexplicable round of 32 loss to Valparaiso or some such absurdity happens.

Or alternatively

Crow for years when we outlast them 82-77 to go to the Final Four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT