ADVERTISEMENT

What if ? I know this is going to be controversial.

Jun 11, 2008
Suppose Mitch hires Pitino for 3 year contract, say for 5 million a year...With performance incentives. Do this while we wait for the perfect hire.. Say Rick hires Pelphrey , Ford, Shephard, and Anderson as assistant's. Then we recruit Mashburn Jr.. Blackmon jr. and retain Shephard.. I think Rick could also bring in big guy from Rutgers. I know this is far fetched but it would get us back to Ky guys for a few years to get us on track. Fire away

Suppose Mitch hires Pitino for 3 year contract, say for 5 million a year...With performance incentives. Do this while we wait for the perfect hire.. Say Rick hires Pelphrey , Ford, Shephard, and Anderson as assistant's. Then we recruit Mashburn Jr.. Blackmon jr. and retain Shephard.. I think Rick could also bring in big guy from Rutgers. I know this is far fetched but it would get us back to Ky guys for a few years to get us on track. Fire away
I know Pitino has some spots on him but the little man can coach. I'd rather have him than the Oats, Drews of the world.
It won't happen but IMO he would deliver results.

Jeff and Stacy were never going to allow Reed to play for Rick Pitino and Jeff would probably be taking a pay cut. Cute scenario though.

I know Pitino has some spots on him but the little man can coach. I'd rather have him than the Oats, Drews of the world.
It won't happen but IMO he would deliver results.
This is one of the more ridiculous takes I’ve read on here , lol .Pitino over OATS !

Reactions: gojvc
I personally wouldn’t want him here. I feel like he exposed who he really is when he was in Louisville. From Karen Sypher, to Katina Powell. It always blew my mind that the Louisville fans were willing to excuse issues like that in order to win games. The University and the fans deserve better and should expect better.

Reactions: jdgilbys5
Hiring Pitino would be like having a super hot ex-wife who left the marriage amicably but then shacks up with your worst enemy, gets a bunch of STDs, gains 150lbs and her hair falls out, then deciding to give the marriage another shot.
That’s exactly it. It always baffled my mind that Louisville fans were willing to overlook the cesspool he created. I will not stick around if they bring Pitino back.

By this same line of thinking why not bring in Coach K? He is a better coach than Pitino and he's never disgraced himself.

If Pitino was 61 instead of 71, I would be all for it. Best UK coach in my lifetime.
I still don't agree. No one is saying he's a bad coach or can't coach. He's taken more teams to the NCAAs than any coach ever. He wins at every level he's at. Pitino is a toxic person and a rule breaker. I don't want him to disgrace us the way he did Louisville. And we can't turn back time. He's 71 and he'll never be any younger.

I still don't agree. No one is saying he's a bad coach or can't coach. He's taken more teams to the NCAAs than any coach ever. He wins at every level he's at. Pitino is a toxic person and a rule breaker. I don't want him to disgrace us the way he did Louisville. And we can't turn back time. He's 71 and he'll never be any younger.
We have to keep in mind though that in vampire years he’s basically a toddler. He probably has a few centuries of good coaching left in him as long as no one stakes him through the heart.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Just get Donovan. He’s a younger Pitino with the same connections. Donovan helped recruit and coached Jeff. He was an assistant at UK when Stacy was in college. He helped recruit and coached Mash.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if Donovan brought Pelphrey home. They are close.
Donovan would be a really bad hire. It may take him a couple or 3 years because he’s never dealt with the portal nor nil.

I've mentioned that people hated it!! LOL

We don't need to be hiring the Rick Pitino of 2024. We need to go out there and find a guy as similar to the Rick Pitino we hired in 1989 as possible.

Reactions: wfc7
I would like to have Rick Pitino for 3 years. Now that Hurley is a definite no, so is Wright........ I could be very happy with Pitino to turn the program and build it. 1 thing we know for sure, he'd die on the court trying to win with everything he and the players have. There is no question at all how much Pitino needs to win.. The dude would put Epps in the PG spot on such a loaded team because it worked better than Delk at the PG.

But please for the love of god, make sure the assistants let female UK students put on the parties that way if there is sex, its not paid for lol.. you know the way it was back when he was here the first time and not what happened at UL.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
I would like to have Rick Pitino for 3 years. Now that Hurley is a definite no, so is Wright........ I could be very happy with Pitino to turn the program and build it. 1 thing we know for sure, he'd die on the court trying to win with everything he and the players have. There is no question at all how much Pitino needs to win.. The dude would put Epps in the PG spot on such a loaded team because it worked better than Delk at the PG.

But please for the love of god, make sure the assistants let female UK students put on the parties that way if there is sex, its not paid for lol.. you know the way it was back when he was here the first time and not what happened at UL.
Why is Hurley a definite no? Did he just sign an affidavit live on TV? Never believe anything until it's 1000% good to go.

Hiring Pitino would reek of desperation and my goodness, the crowing from UofL fans of "Hypocrites" will be loud and tbf kind of truthful.

~ Pitino openly tried to undermine past coaching searches by recommending (to this day) his former players.

~ Pitino coached UL for 16 seasons. He could have gone anywhere but intentionally chose our biggest rival in spite of claiming he regretted leaving Kentucky.

~ Pitino regularly cursed at and flipped the bird to us during our rivalry games, as if he expected us to still love his cute little decision making.

~ Rick Pitino allegedly paid for a woman to have an abortion after having sex with her on a filthy dinner table for approximately 16 seconds. He stated this in court.

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

In case you need reminding.

That’s Hurley.
actually it would be Oats...... a final four for Pitino then... a final four for Oats.... .. of course we'd love to have Hurley but Hurley would be Bob Knight or Denny Crum from back then.. a coach that has titles and wont leave his job he has at that moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT