ADVERTISEMENT

What has been your most difficult thing to stomach about UK basketball this season?

College basketball in general is beginning to be unwatchable. There seems to be a lack of talent as the NBA will take any talent into their development league as there is little financial risk to them. Goes without saying the lack of a crowd is off putting. I don’t know if it’s just me but the coaches look like street people ( no offense to street people ) this year - always thought if you look like a clown you’ll probably preform like one.......the last 2 minutes of deliberate fouls have gone beyond strategy and has become annoying. In general the college game has gone from the best sport to one that is impossible to watch
30 second shot clock has made the college game "nba-lite" with much less talented human beings. The result is a watered down nba, which has been unbearable for a decade.

Im not saying go back to no clock and have unc hold the ball for 40 minutes, but 35 or even 45 was fine IMO. It doesnt have to be one extreme or the other. JMO

Not trying to be condecending.......my wife is a respiratory therapist that is working very long hours and still hasn't got a vaccine yet.......her playing Russian roulette every day with this virus is a "real world issue for me".......basketball is like maybe 100 on a list of 100...........also there is complaining and then there is complaining......
Rip Tony Rice...............................

For me it was Cal's comment about the scheduling difficulty. NEVER should the head coach at UK complain about a difficult schedule. When did the mindset go from being feared to fearing the opposition? At UK we should welcome all challenges and expect to come out on top. I'm appalled at how the mentality has seemed to shift.
For me it’s the way the fan base has acted. It’s a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: MbergCat and awf
For me it was Cal's comment about the scheduling difficulty. NEVER should the head coach at UK complain about a difficult schedule. When did the mindset go from being feared to fearing the opposition? At UK we should welcome all challenges and expect to come out on top. I'm appalled at how the mentality has seemed to shift.

Its Cal. Hands down

1. Cal's open support of the BLM organization, which IMO, is a domestic terrorist organization. There's no need for ANY coach to publicly announce their support for ANY social agenda.

2. Our non existent offense. There is simply no excuse for a HOF coach to be unable to teach, and implement an offense to suit his current roster. If college basketball as a whole has become unwatchable, and it has, then our offense is enough to make one want to run from the room. Pathetic, just pathetic.

3. Cal seems to believe he's the Emperor of a kingdom and answers to no one, and his tendency to belittle the biggest, most knowledgeable and passionate fanbase in the world, has truly pissed me off to no end. We were here before you Cal, and we will be here when you're history. Fact.

4. His stubborn refusal to play a guy off the bench who MIGHT just ignite the team and, you know, be able to PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET. The last time I checked that is still the object of the game.

Like others, I could go on and on, but Cal, despite his overall success here, has made UK basketball unwatchable, and frankly, turned something that many, many people love into something that they just no longer watch.

If he would just admit his way of doing things is no longer working, and he needs to change the way he runs the program, stop hiring his old buddies who can't get a decent job at a high level school like UK, and hire assistants who can actually help him turn this train wreck around, then I would say OK, let's give the guy the chance because he DOES deserve that chance.

He won't, I know it, you know you, everyone knows it, thus that being the case, he needs to find other employment after this season.

I have a hard time processing this mentality . Random posters expressing opinions on a message board is actually worse than losing games ? My expressions are worse than being 1-6 and losin to Kansas , UNC and UL ? Ok . I dont get it but you are not the only guy , it takes all types right.
Some people should take a break if they can't handle negative discussion during our most negative time in over a century. A century. As in over 100 years. Shockingly to some, most of us are not happy and are going to express that.

This board man. Lulz.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
What is wrong with her employer? I work in health care and we’ve already vaccinated almost all of 12,000 employees

Not trying to be condecending.......my wife is a respiratory therapist that is working very long hours and still hasn't got a vaccine yet.......her playing Russian roulette every day with this virus is a "real world issue for me".......basketball is like maybe 100 on a list of 100...........also there is complaining and then there is complaining......

I hate to admit it, but will... after 45 years of sneaking out of my room to hide behind a couch to listen to games on the radio (past my bedtime) to having built a semi-empire and able to travel and get the best floor seats at will.. I’ve somehow grown apathetic. So really weird.

it’s not the losing.. it came way before that. It’s the NCAA/permitted corruption and the money that replaces heart.
I’m a capitalist., so it’s not the money.. it’s the disregard for equality that the NCAA lacks.. there just doesn’t seem to be ANY regard for morality. So it makes winning and losing much less meaningful.... so we basically have fake sports.

sorry for the downer shit..

1. Cal's open support of the BLM organization, which IMO, is a domestic terrorist organization. There's no need for ANY coach to publicly announce their support for ANY social agenda.

2. Our non existent offense. There is simply no excuse for a HOF coach to be unable to teach, and implement an offense to suit his current roster. If college basketball as a whole has become unwatchable, and it has, then our offense is enough to make one want to run from the room. Pathetic, just pathetic.

3. Cal seems to believe he's the Emperor of a kingdom and answers to no one, and his tendency to belittle the biggest, most knowledgeable and passionate fanbase in the world, has truly pissed me off to no end. We were here before you Cal, and we will be here when you're history. Fact.

4. His stubborn refusal to play a guy off the bench who MIGHT just ignite the team and, you know, be able to PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET. The last time I checked that is still the object of the game.

Like others, I could go on and on, but Cal, despite his overall success here, has made UK basketball unwatchable, and frankly, turned something that many, many people love into something that they just no longer watch.

If he would just admit his way of doing things is no longer working, and he needs to change the way he runs the program, stop hiring his old buddies who can't get a decent job at a high level school like UK, and hire assistants who can actually help him turn this train wreck around, then I would say OK, let's give the guy the chance because he DOES deserve that chance.

He won't, I know it, you know you, everyone knows it, thus that being the case, he needs to find other employment after this season.
This poster nailed it for me. Thank you.

Easily the dreadful offense. On pace for the lowest points scored total for a season since 1986-87 when the team scored just 1965 points.

The lowest points per game for a season was in 84-85 when they scored 2037 in 31 games. A 65.7 average.

Current average is 64.86 points a game. Total of 454 after 7 games. A pace of 1816 points on the season in an estimate of 28 total games.

Inability to mix in different defenses and some structured offensive sets this particular team needs to run.

I used to have so much confidence that we would win any game any time. Have lost the feeling we are well prepared.

Miss the chip on the shoulder burn your village want a title hungry Cal. Now we have a multi millionaire life coach.

This and the schedule was not difficult.

Hope your wife gets her sticks soon for both your sakes. The respiratory workers are ground zero in this. Some hospitals here are getting swamped and the standard of care for non-COVID critically ill is at risk. Ironically that includes the young and old due to accidents. Some places aren’t far from battlefield triage.
What is wrong with her employer? I work in health care and we’ve already vaccinated almost all of 12,000 employees
It isn't the fault of the facility........it is this panty waist govenor who is a liberal POS.........they was passing the vaccine out like candy at a local Walgreens drug store.......

The Chores!
The Stores!
Fresh Air!
Time Square!
You are my wife!
Good by City Life!

I wonder how many will get this.
tenor.gif

All of the pissing and moaning on here........come on people......there are real world issues going on........this is just a game..........
Maybe people are just tired of hearing about Covid 24/7, and come here to escape it. If you're so worried about the real world issues, then maybe you should try this board instead of being on Rafters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT