ADVERTISEMENT

What has been your most difficult thing to stomach about UK basketball this season?

May 5, 2015
For me it was Cal's comment about the scheduling difficulty. NEVER should the head coach at UK complain about a difficult schedule. When did the mindset go from being feared to fearing the opposition? At UK we should welcome all challenges and expect to come out on top. I'm appalled at how the mentality has seemed to shift.

College basketball in general is beginning to be unwatchable. There seems to be a lack of talent as the NBA will take any talent into their development league as there is little financial risk to them. Goes without saying the lack of a crowd is off putting. I don’t know if it’s just me but the coaches look like street people ( no offense to street people ) this year - always thought if you look like a clown you’ll probably preform like one.......the last 2 minutes of deliberate fouls have gone beyond strategy and has become annoying. In general the college game has gone from the best sport to one that is impossible to watch

For me it was Cal's comment about the scheduling difficulty. NEVER should the head coach at UK complain about a difficult schedule. When did the mindset go from being feared to fearing the opposition? At UK we should welcome all challenges and expect to come out on top. I'm appalled at how the mentality has seemed to shift.
All the Cal speak, he comes off as being arrogant and pompous sometimes, which he can get away with when he is winning but it doesn't work with the fans when he is 1-6.

All of the pissing and moaning on here........come on people......there are real world issues going on........this is just a game..........
It’s an escape from real world issues, but it’s got real world issues too. Are you happy with Cal? If he would humble himself and take sincere responsibility and not alienate the fans, there would be less moaning.

Cal’s postgame comments Saturday regarding schedule, Allen, true fans, been this way since 1940, having fun etc. I was cool with the game Saturday. I thought we played hard and considering what we are, it was ok. Those comments. Not so much.
I have ZERO impact on calipari's future at UK, but dang, his comments are wearing thin...

Aside from the Keion cluster f***

The way our offense looks when we have Coaches that make

8 mil,
500,000 and

Sitting on the bench.

I mean these players most of the time dont looked like they've been coached up at all.

Glad I'm not paying them :)

All of the pissing and moaning on here........come on people......there are real world issues going on........this is just a game..........

A Message board with no pissing in moaning.

Now that is some wishful thinking.

And the whole condescending thing about, “there are real world issues going on”. Like you were telling us something we don’t know. Really?

Kentucky is Kentucky for a reason, the fans. We care, a lot.

Coming to the realization, despite our successes of the 11 years under Cal, how his "business model" is nothing more than a "House of Cards." A few key, non-wavering events have to happen for us not to be put into this same vulnerable and very precarious situation of building a brand new team each year. It is too partisan to the ideal that UK is truly a quick stepping stone to a professional career. Thoughts on academics and essentially, playing pridefully with "KENTUCKY" on your chest, are secondary or tertiary. We see now what this perfect storm makes into such a weak, unsustainable link. We should never ever be irrelevant in any college basketball season, and yet we see that we are very much wiped almost totally off the college basketball map. That, folks, is infuriating.
Watching the all-time wins lead slip away.

Watching the same mistakes over and over again like groundhog day. Recently the U6 game we have one guy on the day who had shot the ball well in Mintz, but to close out the game when we had to have it it's something like:
Jackson 10 footer ( Hasn't shown himself to be a good jump shooter.)
Jackson 5 footer
Sarr Same shot as ND (Dude hasn't scored in weeks literally.)
Boston 3 pointer (Ice cold shooter who has looked horrible from deep.)

How does Mintz not get a shot? Remember a month or so ago where he was on one leg to stay behind the 3 line and made it to keep us alive. He is the only guy who has shown that ability and has consistently scored. Get him the dam ball! If not let him touch it and kick it out it the D arrives to an open guy for a drive or something that is high percentage.

Honestly, the constant whining on here. Second to that would be the shooting or lack there of for this year's squad.

I have a hard time processing this mentality . Random posters expressing opinions on a message board is actually worse than losing games ? My expressions are worse than being 1-6 and losin to Kansas , UNC and UL ? Ok . I dont get it but you are not the only guy , it takes all types right.

1) obvious -- losing.
2) Cal intentionally pissing off BBN .
3) Treatment of Allen
4) ugly ugly ugly offense
5) Lack of any urgency from the " draft picks"
6) Cals refusal to use the bench as a motivator
7) Not running the offense thru Sarr and destroying his confidence . I could go on .

A long time poster as yourself. I can’t believe you are happy with this mess.
I guess that is where you and I differ.......my happieness is in no way shape or form tied to UK basketball.......I only observe the game for it's entertainment value........If i don't like what I see I have buttons on my remote.....if UK was to go winless I wouldn't bat an eye......I would just wait for next season.........I don't have time to blame the coaches or players (kids)............their succeses or failures don't even put a little dent in my orbit of life.......

A Message board with no pissing in moaning.

Now that is some wishful thinking.

And the whole condescending thing about, “there are real world issues going on”. Like you were telling us something we don’t know. Really?

Kentucky is Kentucky for a reason, the fans. We care, a lot.
Not trying to be condecending.......my wife is a respiratory therapist that is working very long hours and still hasn't got a vaccine yet.......her playing Russian roulette every day with this virus is a "real world issue for me".......basketball is like maybe 100 on a list of 100...........also there is complaining and then there is complaining......

I guess that is where you and I differ.......my happieness is in no way shape or form tied to UK basketball.......I only observe the game for it's entertainment value........If i don't like what I see I have buttons on my remote.....if UK was to go winless I wouldn't bat an eye......I would just wait for next season.........I don't have time to blame the coaches or players (kids)............their succeses or failures don't even put a little dent in my orbit of life.......
Ok. Just curious why this board bothered you so much.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
That's fine that you don't care one way or another about UK basketball although I wonder why you post here if it means nothing to you.But your comments about all the real world problems was silly because that is not what people are here to talk about.

Not trying to be condecending.......my wife is a respiratory therapist that is working very long hours and still hasn't got a vaccine yet.......her playing Russian roulette every day with this virus is a "real world issue for me".......basketball is like maybe 100 on a list of 100...........also there is complaining and then there is complaining......

This isnt the Covid board , its the KY basketball board. Signed , another health care worker who also hasnt missed a day either.

So you have no time or energy to put so much as a thought or emotion into the success (or lack thereof) of the Kentucky basketball program? But you somehow have time to complain about it’s fans who do?

Okay....

This isnt the Covid board , its the KY basketball board. Signed , another health care worker who also hasnt missed a day either.
Same here, while I'm not a health care worker per say, I am very involved most days with all types of patients, including Covid positive patients. I haven't missed one day either, although I admit there are days I wished I had stayed home, but that goes for nearly everyone.

I'm a single father who struggles mightily to stay afloat, so I know all about real world issues, again, just like everyone else in the world, but sports, and in particular UK basketball and football are not only entertainment, (well, most years anyway, lol), but they are a source of great pride to a state that just doesn't have any other teams to root for. Most of us grew up watching, and loving, our Kentucky Wildcats, so while how they perform has no direct impact on our daily lives, in another way it DOES impact those of us who bleed blue and have a strong desire to see our traditionally # 1 program OF ALL TIME, STAY THAT WAY. When it doesn't, it upsets us, it hurts us, and that's just the way it is.

The lack of offense or shooting
Boston and Clarke shooting us out of games but not being benched
Cal's double standard of certain guys missing the rest of game after one mistake
Not having a decent point guard
Our bigs being soft and having zero offensive moves
the secrecy about Brooks
Cal screaming like a nut with his mask on his chin
Cal excuses.So far is covid,fans,ESPN,tough teams

Same here, while I'm not a health care worker per say, I am very involved most days with all types of patients, including Covid positive patients. I haven't missed one day either, although I admit there are days I wished I had stayed home, but that goes for nearly everyone.

I'm a single father who struggles mightily to stay afloat, so I know all about real world issues, again, just like everyone else in the world, but sports, and in particular UK basketball and football are not only entertainment, (well, most years anyway, lol), but they are a source of great pride to a state that just doesn't have any other teams to root for. Most of us grew up watching, and loving, our Kentucky Wildcats, so while how they perform has no direct impact on our daily lives, in another way it DOES impact those of us who bleed blue and have a strong desire to see our traditionally # 1 program OF ALL TIME, STAY THAT WAY. When it doesn't, it upsets us, it hurts us, and that's just the way it is.

Very well stated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT