ADVERTISEMENT

What happened

shutzhund

All-American
Nov 19, 2005
All of a sudden they played as if those stars meant something. Not only that they played as a team, for the first time I can remember this season, against a good opponent.

I admit I was giving up hope of seeing them play this way this season. I watched the games and didn't give up on them but only because I thought I should watch.

Cal may just know a little more than he has been credited for lately.

No. They played as if those stars meant nothing. Realized they aren't too good to hustle and go after the other team the way other teams have gone after them.

Reactions: susan2361
The same team that curb stomped Auburn and Tennessee, and also knocked off Oklahoma when they were hot. I'll take it.
The same team that got curb stomped by Georgia and Texas and also lost big to Ole Miss. It goes both ways.

The dynamics on this team are still evolving. As they have since the beginning when they were almost all new to the program. Now they are adjusting to Green's reinsertion and and the addition of Vanderbilt to the lineup. If Green and Vanderbilt continue their steady improvement and contributions, this story has yet another chapter to it.

Last edited:
Alabama was big and athletic as usual and it was close to the last couple of minutes. The cats played hard closed it out even though they had several defensive break downs and didn't shoot that well but won the game and protected their home court.

All of a sudden they played as if those stars meant something. Not only that they played as a team, for the first time I can remember this season, against a good opponent.

I admit I was giving up hope of seeing them play this way this season. I watched the games and didn't give up on them but only because I thought I should watch.

Cal may just know a little more than he has been credited for lately.
They played hungry but this is the best game where they shared the ball in the last 12.

Reactions: westerncat
We always want to see how they rebound after a loss, now I want to see how they follow it up in Fayetteville Saturday. Will this win get us rolling?

Really proud the way the guys played as a team. Did not have to rely on one guy doing the scoring. Had 5 guys in double figures. Vanderbilt starting to look better. Like you lets see how they do in Fayetteville this Tuesday.

Reactions: Simple_Man
As you do as well.

Ouch

ba_dum.jpg

Really proud the way the guys played as a team. Did not have to rely on one guy doing the scoring. Had 5 guys in double figures. Vanderbilt starting to look better. Like you lets see how they do in Fayetteville this Tuesday.
Ooops. It is Tuesday. I blame the mistake on being retired and not knowing or caring about what day it is.

Reactions: westerncat
Good gosh, some of our fans ripping us after our win. We’ve looked lethargic over the past several games, but today saw a team that went out and played hard. They had a few breakdowns, but they didnt fold.

A ten point win vs Alabama is pretty solid. Now can they play like that going on? Let’s hope.

Reactions: cdbearde
The same team that got curb stomped by Georgia and Texas and also lost big to Ole Miss. It goes both ways.

Oh does it? So are we supposed to be mad that we won? I’m confused. Please help.

Pretty simple.
Watch what happens when Green is running the offense.
Here's a hint, the rest of the team is working hard to get open and it makes UK very difficult to defend.
Also, fewer minutes for Diallo.
He's struggling right now, makes bad decisions, loses his guy on D and can't shoot worth a damn. That would be okay if he ever passed the ball. He actually passed the ball a few times on Saturday, so that was nice.
Okay, that was a little more than a hint.

Name me one team in the country that doesn't have a bad loss. I'll wait.

DUKE!!! They never have a bad loss just exceptional wins. See all projected tournament seedings for Duke if you need any proof. Go ahead, Google it. I dare you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MbergCat
Great victory over the 5th place team in the SEC...:cool:
You realize though that like the 5th or 6th place SEC team would win the SEC most years as the SEC is freaking brutal this season. Bama could easily make the elite 8 . So could UK , A&M , Mizzou , Au and UT. The SEC is the best conferece overall . The ACC has the best at the top but the SEC is great top to bottom. Hell Vandy is probably the best 16 loss team I have ever seen.

Only a fool would NOT be excited about this win. They were a solid team. More importantly we played hard for 40 minutes and did not give the game away with stupid turnovers, etc. This is a step forward for this group. Of course it is meaningless if they revert back to form. I don't think they will. I think Cal has gotten through to them. There are some things sheer effort cannot fix but as long as we fight and play 40 minutes from here on out, I am all in.

ADVERTISEMENT