ADVERTISEMENT

What else must Cal need to do now

Bring back Reed for a sophomore year, that’s one of the only scenarios that I’d be content with Cal next season.

He has the players

He’s needs to play the best players and the best combinations

The not best players need to come in only to provide rest and not during crunch time

He needs to make his focus winning every game here on out and forget draft status or draft concerns

He can do this. The big question is will he

I sure hope so

These players can play with anyone.

Play Z MUCH MORE, until he begs to come out of games. He's progressing much quicker than the other bigs. It's not even close. Let AB and Ugo fight for what's left over, maybe one of them is paying attention to Z and learning from him?
Which would be about 5 minutes at a time. Z was grabbing his shorts all night. He is clearly in bad game shape. I like the mix Cal used tonight between the 3 bigs.

just glad to beat the Mississippi state all stars .. I meant the all stars from the state of Mississippi… against our NBA 1st rounders . He eeks out a W .. wooooo celebrate !! We beat MSU , lol .. we couldn’t win a title with MJ and S Perkins

Play Z MUCH MORE, until he begs to come out of games. He's progressing much quicker than the other bigs. It's not even close. Let AB and Ugo fight for what's left over, maybe one of them is paying attention to Z and learning from him?
The myth—which I also bought into to be fair—that Z can’t hang with a physical big man is officially debunked. Not a bigger more physical team than we saw tonight. Z more than held his own on defense was actually better than Ugo I thought on d for the most part. Of course he’s light years better on offense. Even when he isn’t hitting from outside like tonight he spreads the floor so well.

Cal has to be the dumbest coach in NCAA history when it comes to the end of games. Why would you ever have Ugo in the game when you're up 3 and trying to defend the 3 in the last 15 seconds of the game??? Ugo just fouls the MSU player for a 3 point play the possession before, takes him out, and then puts him back in. Ugo shouldn't have been put in a situation like that, but the fact he was inside the arc and going backwards when the MSU guard drained a 3. Also, if MSU had missed that 3 point shot, Ugo is the last player I want going to the free throw line. There is a reason UK loses close games and Cal is the biggest reason. Had Sheppard not hit that last shot, it would have taken a miracle to win in overtime.

He showed some change, stiil John but any growth is good. Definitely too little and probably too late but we will see as it is not March yet..

just glad to beat the Mississippi state all stars .. I meant the all stars from the state of Mississippi… against our NBA 1st rounders . He eeks out a W .. wooooo celebrate !! We beat MSU , lol .. we couldn’t win a title with MJ and S Perkins
Do you really refuse to enjoy a good win?

Reactions: Graham51
Yeah, I'm impressed with Z and the improvement we've seen with such a short time. And Ugo made several bad plays, including the foul to give a 3pt play at a point when he should have just given the layup (or at least fouled well enough to not allow the shot to be made). Z is progressing much faster than I thought he would.

Although, I must say- at one point Z looked completely gassed and needed to come out.

OP, get ready to be blasted.

This board just can’t enjoy a nice, exciting win without belittling someone.
Probably a good idea not to come here with smug post after a hard win. That would go a long way with getting more considerate posts. What else must Cal do now? Tell us what he has done the last 5 years or so that warrants such a baiting post? I doubt that there is anyone here that is not happy with the win. I know I am happy, but given the fact that we were just 6-6 from the last 12 does not give someone bragging rights. Let's see if he can continue as we go forward. I am all for him getting the job done rather than what we have seen the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT