ADVERTISEMENT

What are your top 5 most delusional fan bases in the SEC

1. U6
2. Uncheat
3. Puke
4. Jailhawks
5. Deezz nutz

special mention university of Indiana. They would be 5 but no longer relevant so I can’t consider them an actual program

sec basketball- theres UK and everyone else is in our shadow I do hold a special drip off my balls for Arkansas and lsu. I love spanking them

Reactions: RunninRichie
Worst Fans of All

1) Panzee a$$ Cheathawks
2) Meth Missouri Tigers
3) Duke Dorks
4) Flo Gator G*yboys
5) Iowa St Idiots

Lots of youngsters on this board. Arkansas fans are BY FAR the most hilarious, self-deprecating, hospitable fans in the conference. They've been this way for years. They are obnoxious, but it is only out of genuine love for their program. Go to one of their games and there isn't a single one who wouldn't give you the shirt off their back.

To me, South Carolina fans are the most delusional. This is true for basketball and football. For their entire existence in the SEC, they have fancied themselves as not only good, but elite. If they beat you, they will maintain that not only did they not upset you, but that they are better than you generally. For example, if I had to guess, I would say that the majority of South Carolina fans actually believe that their 2010 upset of the John Wall and Demarcus Cousins UK team was not only not an upset, but that South Carolina continued to be the better team for the duration of the year. Looking back on that season, they do not consider it an upset. They honest to goodness straight-faced believe they're better. They think that they're better than Georgia in football because they beat them this year. Honestly and truly. THAT is delusional.

Hard to say that Kentucky fans are delusional about their basketball team, because year in and year out, Kentucky is America's pre-eminent program by almost any measure. We are always in the hunt, So there's not much to be delusional about. I think when UK fans say things like "we should beat such and such a team easily"--especially in a tournament game, then this borders on the delusional.

My top 5:

(1) South Carolina: see above.
(2) Vanderbilt: their attitude about being a better program than Kevin Stallings gives you an idea
(3) Missouri: their belief that they would come into the SEC and recreate the border war rivalry they had with Kansas, only this time with Kentucky, showed how ignorant and elevated the expectations were among many in their fan base. They have been irrelevant for a couple of decades now.
(4) LSU: It's hard to put an SEC West team on this list because Kentucky has so thoroughly dominated that side of the conference, there really is not much to say. I'll say this, though. LSU pictures themselves as a kind of Florida team in the SEC--Kentucky's only real basketball rival in the conference. But their trophy case tells a very different story. Some legendary players (Pettit, Maravich, Jackson, O'Neal, etc.) and two Final Four appearances, but a recent cheating scandal and not a word from the fan base suggests they're a bit out of touch with reality.
(5) Tennessee: No team has beaten UK more than Tennessee, so they must be given credit for being genuinely competitive against the Cats, but they have won NOTHING in their history when the games really count. The huge arena they built to compete with Rupp Arena is the very definition of laughable jealousy and folly.

Reactions: HCaulfield
We are hands down the most delusional fan base. Completely unreasonable expectations with little recollection of our own history to back it up.

Doesn't apply to all, but plenty to take this stance.

All that said we also have the best fan base, so it is a wash.

Reactions: jace2012
On basketball I guess UK, because I don’t recognize other SEC school having fans.

In football—UT. Only 2 NCs in their history (1951 is questionable) and each season they think they’re a marquis program.

The thing about Arkansas is they were relevant for like 20 solid years, won a title, a runner up and two other final fours between 1978 and 1995. Younger fans haven’t seen the program be especially relevant, but older fans think they are/should be a power in college ball.

Tennessee fans though have absolutely no history whatsoever to hang their hats on. Last year was the best UT basketball team ever and they didn’t win the SEC, or the SECT or make the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT