ADVERTISEMENT

What Are Your Thoughts on Fans Leaving Early Yesterday?

Booing is a bad representation of a fan base but I have to admit that the way UK played yesterday they deserved it. Some players more than others but they stunk it up.

Umm.....

This team is not defending UK's home court. It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to lose to UCLA and Kansas on our home F'ing court in the same season. Calipari hates losing at home more than anything. It's not something to be tolerated.

We are a blue blood program allowing teams to bitch us in our own house.

There had better be Boo's.

They pay for thier entertainment. If they aren't entertained, they should leave. If I go to a bad movie, I'm leaving it. Yesterday was a bad movie.

Those aren't fans, and don't deserve those tickets! I don't care how much they pay for those seats or how long they've had them. There are thousands who would gladly pay the same.
Sure you go to be entertained, but you also go to support your team! That is the difference between a game and a movie.

Those aren't fans, and don't deserve those tickets! I don't care how much they pay for those seats or how long they've had them. There are thousands who would gladly pay the same.
Sure you go to be entertained, but you also go to support your team! That is the difference between a game and a movie.
You decide who a fan is and who is not? You decide how long people stay to be considered a fan? You choose how people engage in thier entertainment? You are wrong.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
You decide who a fan is and who is not? You decide how long people stay to be considered a fan? You choose how people engage in thier entertainment? You are wrong.

Looks like we found one of the early leavers, let's string me up.

Real fans aren't bandwagon, they support their team regardless. That doesn't mean you have to support how they play.

Reactions: khuff80
Looks like we found one of the early leavers, let's string me up.

Real fans aren't bandwagon, they support their team regardless. That doesn't mean you have to support how they play.
You get to define real fans? You are a young one. Over zealous in your fanaticism. I guarantee entertainment isn't that important to me. Hell if I get bored with any entertainment I'll move on. That's all it is. I'm not on the team. You obsess and I'll keep perspective.

You get to define real fans? You are a young one. Over zealous in your fanaticism. I guarantee entertainment isn't that important to me. Hell if I get bored with any entertainment I'll move on. That's all it is. I'm not on the team. You obsess and I'll keep perspective.

Wish I were young again.
A fan cares about the team, some more than others. But it is not just entertainment to a fan.

Reactions: khuff80
There was not a mass exodus early. The report of one was fabricated for dramatic effect by the op

You must not remember 150-95.
That's embarrassing!

The game yesterday was far from embarrassing. UK led by 5 at half and led by 1 with about 10 minutes to go.

Sure KU went on the 11-0 run to push it to 10
With a few minutes left but with 1 minute to go U.K. Was right there down only 5.

Some of you people need a little perspective.

It seems like I'm disagreeing with a lot of what you say here of late and I really don't mean to be a jerk. But the game where Kansas beat us 150-95 was Pitino's first or second year and we were depleted, on probation, and just played our guts out on pride alone. If our guys gave a thimbleful of the effort in the game Saturday that we got night in and night out from the UK team that got blasted we'd win every game. Sometimes you stink it up and that's exactly what we did Saturday. You absolutely cannot compare those two games / teams. Not apples to apples in any way.

I love it when fans try to tell other fans how to be rfans. Idiots...
Good. We don't need you as a fan anyway. Go pull for Louisville.

I love it when fans try to tell other fans how to be real fans.

Idiot!

our guys displayed a lot of ineptitude Saturday, it was pretty disgusting. I don't really blame the folks for leaving early...

I have never left a Kentucky basketball or football game early. I just couldn't do it. And I have no opinion on why others choose to leave early. Go Cats!!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat and awf

Yep - win or lose stick through it to the end.

Reactions: awf

Awful.

Then why post the headline if it was just a handful of fans Kim?
Do you really want to put this much effort into me asking an innocuous question? For this much effort you could have more-easily said "I have no opinion, It's wrong, It's their right " or whatever.

You're wasting a lot of time on this. Nothing in my headline quantifies the number of people. Other people saw fans leaving. . . (From post # 64 - which is 3 post below this one): "I bounced, along with several thousand other pissed off UK fans."

Move on. No one here - including me- can feign the passion you're trying to evoke. It's a question, with an answer. Nothing more, nothing less. The thread ran it's course about 14 hours ago, but you keep blowing the embers. Let it die.

Last edited:
Reactions: awf
Most all of them are adults, they can leave when they want to, just because you stay until the very end doesn't mean your a bigger fan than the ones who leave early. Nobody is going to tell me when I can leave or stay.
That's no reason. Get your drawers out of the wad Sally. No one is trying to tell you when to leave a game. I have seen this in really good games.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Ummm, because the deficit was SIX!!!!!! NOT SIXTEEN!!!!

No, the deficit when I left was 8. That game was over when they got up 10. I hung around long enough to know a comeback wasn't going to happen. I sit 5 rows from the roof. I didn't really want to wait in a log jam for 30 minutes after a loss with thousands of other pissed off Cats fans, so I bounced, along with several thousand other pissed off UK fans.

It seems like I'm disagreeing with a lot of what you say here of late and I really don't mean to be a jerk. But the game where Kansas beat us 150-95 was Pitino's first or second year and we were depleted, on probation, and just played our guts out on pride alone. If our guys gave a thimbleful of the effort in the game Saturday that we got night in and night out from the UK team that got blasted we'd win every game. Sometimes you stink it up and that's exactly what we did Saturday. You absolutely cannot compare those two games / teams. Not apples to apples in any way.

And when they came to Rupp the next season we lit them up!

And when they came to Rupp the next season we lit them up!

Absolutely. Wish we would have lit them up Saturday. Oh well, time to move on. I hope for the best but our last two games have been head scratchers.

People leave early for various reasons. They pay big $$$$$$ for their tickets so if they want to leave who am I to say they can't. How many fans across the nation turned off the game and or switched channels? What is the difference.
Guilty... couldn't stomach watching them lose.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
For a team that's supposed to have the best fans in all of college basketball, why do we leave early so much? I would think our fan base should show more loyalty than that, right? I guess if it's a major blowout in our favor that's one thing (though that too is a shame because it's fun to see our "Rudys" get a shot at the last few minutes) but otherwise it just doesn't feel right :(

No, the deficit when I left was 8. That game was over when they got up 10. I hung around long enough to know a comeback wasn't going to happen. I sit 5 rows from the roof. I didn't really want to wait in a log jam for 30 minutes after a loss with thousands of other pissed off Cats fans, so I bounced, along with several thousand other pissed off UK fans.

Yea, I'm thinking some of these guys have never even attended a game before. I don't care if it's the cardinals in St. Louis or the wildcats in Lexington, I'll leave early with my kids any Gold dam time I feel like it, especially if the team isn't giving me a reason to stay in the first place. My God, fighting traffic at some of these events is madness. My dad would always piss me off because he's the type to want to stay until everyone else leaves. Still pisses me off.

Not just this game but I never get while people go to a ball game and leave early or arrive late for that matter.

If your such a wimp you want to "beat the traffic" you should have left your vehicle in the driveway in the 1st place.

Not just UK fans I'm talking about here.

There seemed to be more walking out at this game than usual though. I thought that myself as i was watching, I was at the UCLA game and this did not happen....well to this extent that early. it was almost like they were trying to send a message like "what a crock!" It could have just been that the camera was in the right place to see them leaving....but it struck me as odd too as i dont ever remember seeing that on camera during a big game like that.

That's my reason, go play your banjo goober.

First off punk you probably don't have enough brain power to play a musical instrument. I play six. How about you just go back to playing in your pants and off the keyboard?

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I turned the game off with 5 minutes left. I couldn't watch that garbage any longer. Haven't done that since Tubby was coaching UK.

So this guy is telling me he watched the end of the 40-point loss to Vandy and other gems there in the Gillespie era? I call BS. Maybe we should bring coach Gillespie back so Carrie can watch his beloved cats

I agree but some games are not entertaining.

My point still is. If you claim to be a fan of the team, and go to watch the game, you aren't there to ONLY be entertained, you are also there to support your team (through good AND bad times/games). I live near UNC & Duke, now if I go to watch either of those (which I am NOT fans of), then there is nothing wrong with me leaving early, since I am not there to support their teams, I am ONLY there for entertainment.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I'm curious, where were all those people going that were walking behind the bench? When I leave, I walk up/down to the tunnel that leads to the concourse. Maybe the folks that sit near the floor have their own VIP 'escape hatch'?

I sat behind the Kansas bench. All the people down there were Mason Family and friends. I think he had a group of 12 waiting on him after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT