ADVERTISEMENT

What are Michigan State's chances against Duke?

Without getting into a bunch of breakdown, and theres plenty of that going around, not much. Michigan State is a 7 seed and Duke is a 1 seed. There's a reason for that. To add to it, K absolutely owns Izzo, and Izzo doesn't make many titles games. They do however make the final four with relative ease.

It's the exact game I'm sure K loves to see. He will win a decently close battle and play their first really legitimate team for a championship.

Duke was a 5 pt favorite yesterday. Michigan st is full of upperclassmen and Duke starts 4 freshman. I think it's 55-45% Duke.

Originally posted by GOING FOR #9:
Duke was a 5 pt favorite yesterday. Michigan st is full of upperclassmen and Duke starts 4 freshman. I think it's 55-45% Duke.
Duke is totally ruining college basketball as we know it.

I personally would love another shot at State for the reg final double OT loss in 2005 and the Reg Final loss in 99. UK definitely owes Izzo!!!

Not too many people gave UConn a chance over Duke last year either. We shall see. If Michigan State wins, the UK/Wisconsin game will be for the championship.

I think they have a chance but it's not a very good chance. they've been fortunate in their draw in this tourney. They got Georgia in round 1 which they match up perfectly with. They got a Virginia team in game 2 that was trying to figure out their chemistry with a returning player that wasn't back to full speed. They got an Oklahoma team that was 3rd or 4th in an obviously overrated Big12. Then they got a flawed Louisville team that overachieved making the Elite 8 and showed their lack of shooting/scoring ability in the second half of that game.

Bottom line, they made the Final Four without even having to play a legit top 15 team. Virginia wasn't the same team whowhich won the ACC reg season. Oklahoma was overrated. And Louisville was bound to show their true colors eventually.

I think Duke will likely beat them by double digits. They have no answer for Okafor. I'll be very surprised if they win.

Here's my question, if you have 20 grand to drop on a bet, someone needs to tell the guy he's already won. See charles Barkley, or antwone walker or even Rex chapman(I hate it for our own but it was their decisions) who was the greedy b@st@rd who played in the nba that put down a half million or a million dollars on the powerball? Ok, as for Michigan state they will do the same thing they always do which is look great all the way up to the final four only to choke or get beat unless they are playing us of course. I don't know why mst and uconn always somehow beat us. We are snake bitten by those two teams.

If they can do a pretty fair job on Okafor, I would say they have a decent chance of winning.

I know it's bush league, but if the games on the line and you need points bad I would hack okafor every time. K, would run out of time outs subbing him in and out, or plumbee better start working on his game very soon. Okafor ranks right up there with shaq and Ben Wallace in terms of bad ft shooters.

Originally posted by IL Wildcat:
Then they got a flawed Louisville team that overachieved
Flawed Louisville team is like saying wet water or hot fire...flawed is implied when you say Louisville.

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
I know it's bush league, but if the games on the line and you need points bad I would hack okafor every time. K, would run out of time outs subbing him in and out, or plumbee better start working on his game very soon. Okafor ranks right up there with shaq and Ben Wallace in terms of bad ft shooters.
Bingo!

Duke already beat them by 10 in the Champions classic. I'd say it'll be a little closer, but the end result will still be the same unfortunately.

Duke starts 3 frosh, not 4 as someone else suggested they did.They do rely on those 3 frosh the most, along with senior Cook.

I think they have a chance, but the refs won't let Duke lose. SO unless MSU can somehow blow Duke out (that is not happening!) they are doomed.

MSU will come out and get behind early. Then MSU will battle back and make it a game. Duke should win by 8 or so.

Originally posted by Jerry.Edwards:
MSU will come out and get behind early. Then MSU will battle back and make it a game. Duke should win by 8 or so.
That's exactly how I see it playing out.

Although it would be funny to see Sparty beat 3 of the 4 best ACC teams in the tournament.

Duke wins this thing by double digits. It isn't like Michigan St beat good teams to get here like UCONN and UK did last year. That's what people are forgetting. Their region was terrible. It would be like racing fourth graders and then facing off against Usain Bolt.

Originally posted by RAB86:

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
Bingo!
I'm sure K has thought about this before. Why do you think Okafor didn't get a touch in the last four minutes against Gonzaga?

i think izzo will coach well an give them a chance. duke's advantage is they can turn winslow/valentine into a virtual wash. dawson will get his and so will okafor. advantage duke inside. tryce has to be super hot or duke super cold. that's the only way i see sparty to monday night.

Depends on officiating. If MSU is allowed to play their basketbrawl, they have a good chance. But we know duke will almost certainly get all the calls.

60892457.jpg

If Trice is hitting his 3's, I think MSU may surprise some people. They have the revenge factor working for them, too. However, I think the refs protect Okafor and ultimately, Dook prevails. If the game is called fair and you are actually allowed to guard Okafor, then it is a ballgame. MSU's guards can play with Cook and Jones. Refs determine this one.

Michigan St. is the type of team that you know in reality isn't very good & they shouldn't be winning, but they continue to do so. Don't be surprised if they win again. Last year's UCONN....who didn't have a chance against Florida, we all know how that worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT