ADVERTISEMENT

What about this scenario?

bigbluedon

All-SEC
Oct 17, 2012
We lose to Ga on Saturday by an ample amount. Stoops goes to Mitch and resigns effective immediately and Brad White is interim coach until end of season. Stoops tells Mitch just pay me through the end of this season and I am out of here. Mitch has months to line up a new coach and for heaven sake it cannot be Brad White. What would you all think of this? Yes I know it probably won’t happen but Kentucky football needs some good luck and this would be great for the program. Just trying to inject some positivity into all of this.

Just trying to inject some positivity into all of this.
Happy Sausage Dog GIF by Unscreen

We lose to Ga on Saturday by an ample amount. Stoops goes to Mitch and resigns effective immediately and Brad White is interim coach until end of season. Stoops tells Mitch just pay me through the end of this season and I am out of here. Mitch has months to line up a new coach and for heaven sake it cannot be Brad White. What would you all think of this? Yes I know it probably won’t happen but Kentucky football needs some good luck and this would be great for the program. Just trying to inject some positivity into all of this.
The first sentence is very realistic. The rest is pretty far-fetched. If it did happen, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see White a shot next year, especially if the team played well for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 2_deep
Why would he leave 44 mil on the table? Even if they negotiate you are looking at 25 to 30 mil.

That's the part I am having a hard time understanding. Why would any coach who signed a contract with a payout be willing to take less than what it calls? They aren't coaching for 2m when the contract calls for 5.

Why would he leave 44 mil on the table? Even if they negotiate you are looking at 25 to 30 mil.
Also, even if he wants to leave what school is going to pay him 9 mil a season with him looking like he is past his prime? Like it or not, we are stuck with him.

What about this for a scenario.

He goes in the tank ala Petrino in 2018. Goes 2-10 and forces them to fire him so he can sit on his couch for the next year collecting that 44 million. Then comes back in a year taking a DC job with some other school. If he really wanted to, he could probably do that.

It will never happen because he's not as much of a douche as Petrino.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT