ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your take on Caitlin Clark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's killing ticket sales in my Albany region. So I'm happy to see it.

I still can't watch the women's game.. it's just too clunky for me. I turned on her game today and some girl dribbled the ball off her foot, rolled 15 feet put of bounds and no one could get to it. It's honestly worse than Men's HS basketball.. and if I'm not watching that on a regular basis, I'm not watching this lol.

I still can't watch the women's game.. it's just too clunky for me. I turned on her game today and some girl dribbled the ball off her foot, rolled 15 feet put of bounds and no one could get to it. It's honestly worse than Men's HS basketball.. and if I'm not watching that on a regular basis, I'm not watching this lol.
Some girl 😂 n a game threw a pass 6 rows into the stands...oops that was Reed Shepherd

She’s great for the women’s game and highly skilled. A chance to be the best female player ever once it’s all said and done (prob Taurasi, sue bird, or Leslie rn)

The espn WBB propaganda machine trying to equate her accomplishments to Men’s CBB all time list does her a disservice and the women’s game a disservice bc it creates divisiveness bc one does not equal the other and then ppl pick sides. There’s also been a weird race thing since the LSU/Iowa title game. Even pregame social media was all “this is for the culture” etc and that’s not good for the game either. It’s likely a big reason why Jaw Williams and some of the current WNBA players haven’t fully embraced Clark and used it to promote the game, instead they keep saying she’s not great, just good. It’s weird tbh.

1b9817ff50f496381fb81926af13cb39.jpg

It's arguably going to be the WNBA's best chance to break through the cultural zeitgeist in some way. Problem is that some of the largest WNBA supporters don't seem to like Clark for a multitude of factors, which is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. She will sell lots of tickets for Indiana when they draft her and I'm sure they'll get on TV a lot.

Lol my family always gets Gershons every Christmas Eve. Good place.

Ha that's funny. Yeah from this area, Altamont more specifically, but spent a lot of time all over the cap district. I love Nisky, and schenectady has really cleaned up. Albany on the other hand has turned into a shut hole.

Good year for HS basketball in this area. It was pretty solid in my heyday, around the mid 2000s.

It's arguably going to be the WNBA's best chance to break through the cultural zeitgeist in some way. Problem is that some of the largest WNBA supporters don't seem to like Clark for a multitude of factors, which is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. She will sell lots of tickets for Indiana when they draft her and I'm sure they'll get on TV a lot.

For some reason they don’t like her? Cmon huh. She’s too white too straight too Christian too middle America

Watched 4 players not know it was an and one then throw the ball to a ref out of bounds. That is even worse to watch.

For some reason they don’t like her? Cmon huh. She’s too white too straight too Christian too middle America
I didn't say "for some reason." I said for "a multitude of factors," which yes, fall into the fact that Clark isn't the model player that progressives who prop up the WNBA want.

I actually can appreciate the women’s game. Not even close on athleticism, but fundamentally good. Maybe I do because when I was at WKU our men’s team “sucked!”, but the women’s team was good (national runner-up year after I graduated)

Best women's player I've ever seen. Thought Taurasi was great but I've never seen someone with her vision and have range like Curry.

Great woman player playing women’s basketball. All time leading women’s scorer. Still not REMOTELY enough to make me give a single care about the women’s game.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Some girl 😂 n a game threw a pass 6 rows into the stands...oops that was Reed Shepherd
Why you angry little guy? 😂 😂 We all have off nights, Reed just picked a hell of a time to have one. I ain't mad at him, but you can do 1 of 2 things in this situation, laugh or cry. I ain't crying

For as much as I’ve dumped on women’s basketball in the past because for the hype it gets for the most part it is putrid I gotta admit she’s the first one that I’ll begrudgingly admit…she’s kinda fun to watch
Agree.

Good player for a woman but still not interesting enough to watch. It’s like watching division 3 mens basketball.

Shame she isn’t aesthetically more pleasing.

Nicer hair, face, breast and butt would have done wonders for the women’s game.

She’s great for the women’s game and highly skilled. A chance to be the best female player ever once it’s all said and done (prob Taurasi, sue bird, or Leslie rn)

The espn WBB propaganda machine trying to equate her accomplishments to Men’s CBB all time list does her a disservice and the women’s game a disservice bc it creates divisiveness bc one does not equal the other and then ppl pick sides. There’s also been a weird race thing since the LSU/Iowa title game. Even pregame social media was all “this is for the culture” etc and that’s not good for the game either. It’s likely a big reason why Jaw Williams and some of the current WNBA players haven’t fully embraced Clark and used it to promote the game, instead they keep saying she’s not great, just good. It’s weird tbh.
The race thing cannot be denied. In every single comment section about her on ESPN and NCAAB posts, it's the same people who hate Clark and bash Clark but love Reese. It's also why Swoopes trashes her. It's a similar concept of why Kenyon Martin hates on Luka Doncic. It's a cultural thing. It's like offensive if someone is good and looks like Clark or Luka.

The officiating in that LSU/Iowa game was rather interesting too. This will probably get nuked but it's impossible not to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT