ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the endgame for some of you?

Stan the caddy

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 14, 2023
Look, I’m not thrilled with the hire either, but Jeebus Christ, let’s all take a breath. I’ve seen multiple posts calling for people to spam the athletic department and even Mark Pope directly. Who the hell do you think will want to coach here if you idiots do this? We are already toxic as evidenced by the all the big names that have passed on us over the years. Don’t make it even worse.

Look, I’m not thrilled with the hire either, but Jeebus Christ, let’s all take a breath. I’ve seen multiple posts calling for people to spam the athletic department and even Mark Pope directly. Who the hell do you think will want to coach here if you idiots do this? We are already toxic as evidenced by the all the big names that have passed on us over the years. Don’t make it even worse.
I really don't think all of these idiots are UK fans.

At least, I hope they are not.

While I don’t suggest harassing Pope because I do honor him as alumni, Hurley and Drew didn’t turn down UK because of the fan base. If you got to twist lies to prove your point then maybe your point isn’t valid.

Too many don't realize this. After our fans bombarded the referee in 2018, whe were a national laughing stock of fans. People consistently get on here and say "fan is short for fanatic" like that excuses the stupid shit our fans do. They tweet players, on our teams and other teams. They tweet high school kids. They tweet opposing coaches. All the time saying I'm just being passionate supporting my team. Most of them didn't go to UK, but they make asses out of themselves and all legitimate UK fans and embarrass us across the country. I wish the moderators on here would eventually say that most of you assholes have to go.

Who would that be though
Every big name did or would say no and people will still act like there's some unicorn out there that Mitch just didn't look hard enough to find.

Hurley said no. Drew said no. Oats publicly reaffirmed his commitment to Bama. Donovan's interest was lukewarm at best and reports are we did contact him. Beard is scumbag who should never be considered. People will mention Pearl but there's no reason to think he'd be any different than any of the other guys this board was convinced would say yes.

The fact is there just wasn't anyone else with a no doubt resume who wanted the job. And the way this board is acting tonight is a big reason why.

Reactions: awf and catzcan
Too many don't realize this. After our fans bombarded the referee in 2018, whe were a national laughing stock of fans. People consistently get on here and say "fan is short for fanatic" like that excuses the stupid shit our fans do. They tweet players, on our teams and other teams. They tweet high school kids. They tweet opposing coaches. All the time saying I'm just being passionate supporting my team. Most of them didn't go to UK, but they make asses out of themselves and all legitimate UK fans and embarrass us across the country. I wish the moderators on here would eventually say that most of you assholes have to go.
I hope they start with you.

I mean what do you think the Drew family thought of the behavior yesterday? Obsessive is probably not strong enough to describe it.

The end game for me is to have the best coach possible to recruit and coach the best players possible to gives us the best chance to win championships. I thought that was every UK fan’s end game. Mark Pope ain’t it.

Do you think it is possible the relationship between the AD and the previous coach had an impact on candidates?

The end game is getting a competent AD here. He has been here for 3 men’s basketball hires. BCG was his. Cal was forced on him. Now Pope when Barnhart own words were he was getting a coach with a proven record.

While I don’t suggest harassing Pope because I do honor him as alumni, Hurley and Drew didn’t turn down UK because of the fan base. If you got to twist lies to prove your point then maybe your point isn’t valid.
There are reports Drew's family thought the plane tracking and calling the restaurant things were really over the top.

Reactions: awf
We are becoming Indiana.
Absolutely and this is exactly the hire to complete it.

This job is going to be even less appealing when Pope inevitably fails. What could've possibly been the factor to hire this guy? So we can save money?

I really don't think all of these idiots are UK fans.

At least, I hope they are not.
They absolutely are. Probably the most die hard fans we have.

Yes folks have been overzealous with the cal hate and yes it led to him leaving. But they are super passionate and it’s unmatched anywhere. So many of them happen to be dreamers.

Shit getting worse was always on the table. But no one wanted to believe it.

Blowing off steam. I’m cooled now. Don’t spam MB. Or his assistant. Or Eli. Just sit back and relax. Nothing we can do. Support Pope until he gives reasons not too.
That’s actually not true….the Texas A&M fans and boosters got the Mark Stoops hire killed….Tennessee fans did the same with Schiano. When the majority of the fan base revolts dumb school administrators are forced to listen.

There are reports Drew's family thought the plane tracking and calling the restaurant things were really over the top.
And I agree they are over the top 100%. That’s straight BS calling the restaurant. The plane thing eh harmless you could see it was all
Good fun and excitement but might look odd from a distance. People need healthy boundaries. But just because one person shits his pants we shouldn’t all wear diapers.

That’s actually not true….the Texas A&M fans and boosters got the Mark Stoops hire killed….Tennessee fans did the same with Schiano. When the majority of the fan base revolts dumb school administrators are forced to listen.
Id agree. If we didn’t have Barnhart.

Some people think they are funny, but it makes all of us look stupid.
It's funny and cool when you're winning. But if you lose it makes your life miserable at best and can border on scary at worst. Coaches obviously know this and make decisions accordingly.

Reactions: awf
They absolutely are. Probably the most die hard fans we have.

Yes folks have been overzealous with the cal hate and yes it led to him leaving. But they are super passionate and it’s unmatched anywhere. So many of them happen to be dreamers.

Shit getting worse was always on the table. But no one wanted to believe it.
No way he can be any worse than Cal has been the past 5 years.

He may be as bad. But can't be worse unless he wins zero SEC tournament games and zero NCAA games, and I highly doubt that.

The dude can coach and he is very intelligent.

For Mitch Barnhart to no longer be associated with the Athletics Department any longer. $5.5 million per year for 5 years to Pope who has never even won a Tournament Game, A Conference Championships or a Conference Tournament. Holy shit!!

Reactions: mailman85

And they ended up with…..Mike Elko. A guy with program ties who had one decent season as a HC. Stoops’ qualifications lap him a hundred times.

No way he can be any worse than Cal has been the past 5 years.

He may be as bad. But can't be worse unless he wins zero SEC tournament games and zero NCAA games, and I highly doubt that.

The dude can coach and he is very intelligent.
He already was worse than cal in the last 5 years. Besides we should not be measuring our new coach against Cal’s last 5 years. We should be looking to replicate his first 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT