ADVERTISEMENT

Western NC in need of help!!!

There's a lot of disturbing information- and probably disinformation - surfacing about that region right now

We rarely approach a topic i feel compelled to avoid
Currently this is one
If you heard it, and if it is about how bad it is, it's true. I live here and have been out everyday this week trying to help people. This is day 15 and i still have no electricity

This is total BS. I live here and FEMA has been here since day one and have been great

That meeting is real and the discussion (which is BS) is exactly like what I experienced when I worked in Higher Ed. This woke DEI BS is in many ways counterproductive to any serious organization.

Really glad it worked out for you though.

Below is the guy leading the meeting.

Good podcast with 2 guys doing rescues in NC. It sounds like fema is very hit or miss. It sounds like politics and government contracts are keeping help out of certain areas in order to make vendors look better.

Other than getting power restored, what would help people in the area the most right now? Is everyone you know accounted for? Are the reports about dead bodies everywhere that still need to be removed true?
I talked to our Sheriff the other day and at that time they had found 9 bodies and still had 5 missing, that they know of. But I know there are more than that. And some will never be found, buried under tons of mud and debris

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT