ADVERTISEMENT

Buyout

Buyout is 75% of remaining salary, $44 million was the last number I heard and may have been the amount after last season so $36 million after this season sounds about right.

Clarification
The $3.5 million is what Stoops would owe UK if he left for another job
UK would owe him 75% of his remaining salary, which is about $41 million after this year if they fired him without cause.

Last edited:
Only chance we have here is a Cal type situation. Another team scoops him up. I’ve been adamant since the summer this is Stoops’ last year with UK because I think he’s going to have his agent find him a way out of here.

It’s wild how similar this is to basketball last year. A coach making great money, with a big buyout, and fans frustrated and wanting a change. It’s a lot of money but there is only so much hate you can take. I can easily see a B1G, AAC team making a play for him

Clarification
The $3.5 million is what Stoops would owe UK if he left for another job
UK would owe him 75% of his remaining salary, which is about $41 million after this year if they fired him without cause.
I get this is water over the bridge…but how in the world does he essentially take the Texas Am job and then get rejected…and Ky owes a buyout?

Why would not 3.5M be what is owed after last year fiasco

If UK wouldn't foot the bill for basketball then there is zero chance they will pay for football. Unless Stoops bangs another intern or something we are stuck with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT