ADVERTISEMENT

Wenyen set to work out for The Jazz

so do we want him back or not then?

Yes? Just because he won’t make a “good” NBA player doesn’t mean he can’t be incredibly valuable to a college team.

Greyson Allan is a god awful, self entitled chode and his game won’t translate well to the NBA but Duke having him on the team the last few years was very beneficial to their TEAM

Yes he does son

You have no idea and quite frankly it’s odd and cringy that you’re speaking of him and his family in such an an intimate and emotional way

He has siblings who are college graduates

Can you show me a link/ interview etc where Gabriel states he has to financially support his family due to their (apparent) “extreme poverty?”

Reactions: Cindog28 and BBUK
This isn't a popular opinion to some but I don't think he will get much better than he is now. He can't dribble more than once or twice and he doesn't look like he will ever get much stronger. Not bashing him, just the way I see it.
I don't understand this type of thinking. Gabriel plays hard every time he is on the floor; always giving constant effort. If that is not enough, then how about the fact that he is a 40 percent 3 point shooter on the year? How about his 6"10 frame and what he can bring to the table in terms of shot blocking? Gabriel will be huge for our team next year if he comes back.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
He doesn't care what you think son, the man has a family to support.
He is the least important. Why would you want a player back who will never be drafted even if he came back? PJ has a good year next season and he is a top 25 pick . JV has a good year next year and he is picked somewhere between 10-20 as well. I like Gabriel but is way less talented then the other 2 .

Reactions: Cindog28
Why can’t his family support themselves?

Some of the board experts have kept us abreast on the Gabriel family financial troubles.

It appears that every winter, they’re forced to slay an elephant and make a home in the animal’s carcass in order to keep warm for the winter.

Apparently, there are hundreds of elephants roaming wild in suburban New Hampshire for them to choose from.

Some of you need to understand one thing: WG DOESN’T LIKE YOU EITHER,and whatever he decides it won’t be for you.

It’ll be for him, his family, and all the real true Blue fans out there. Deal with it.

^^ ah. The " real fans " statement . As if you get to chose who is and who isn't . Weak sauce for sure .

^^ ah. The " real fans " statement . As if you get to chose who is and who isn't . Weak sauce for sure .
JMHO, but a real fan doesn't continually bash certain players just because they don't "measure up" to their expectations or desires. Only losers, and I do mean losers, bash and downgrade players who are trying to make it as college players, and maybe on to the league. You and others like you who only see the worst in UK players are NOT true fans. So yes, I'm definitely choosing who is and who isn't a fan. You and others make it pretty damn easy, really.

Me? I'm for all UK players who chose to come here and play their asses off for our entertainment, and I'm grateful for both the "good" ones and the not so good. It's called a team. I'm tired of all the negativity. So go root for someone else for all I care.

Reactions: Supafuzz75
You have no idea and quite frankly it’s odd and cringy that you’re speaking of him and his family in such an an intimate and emotional way

He has siblings who are college graduates

Can you show me a link/ interview etc where Gabriel states he has to financially support his family due to their (apparent) “extreme poverty?”
lmao Frank it always makes me laugh when you apply terms such as odd and cringy. On a similar note, I have a pic on my cellular of Wenyen skimming through a garbage dump, tifwiw.

He is the least important. Why would you want a player back who will never be drafted even if he came back? PJ has a good year next season and he is a top 25 pick . JV has a good year next year and he is picked somewhere between 10-20 as well. I like Gabriel but is way less talented then the other 2 .
Got it now Gabriel sucks, at least he can hit outside shot, Vanderbilt cannot make outside shot.

Last edited:
JMHO, but a real fan doesn't continually bash certain players just because they don't "measure up" to their expectations or desires. Only losers, and I do mean losers, bash and downgrade players who are trying to make it as college players, and maybe on to the league. You and others like you who only see the worst in UK players are NOT true fans. So yes, I'm definitely choosing who is and who isn't a fan. You and others make it pretty damn easy, really.

Me? I'm for all UK players who chose to come here and play their asses off for our entertainment, and I'm grateful for both the "good" ones and the not so good. It's called a team. I'm tired of all the negativity. So go root for someone else for all I care.

blah blah blah you dont have that power , to me - you represent the worst of BBN , trying to tell a fan for near 50 years to leave . It just isn't cool . We can disagree on the talents of WG , but I would never try to run Cat fans off . And the " continual bash players " is just non sense . I want WG back , I've said so on every occasion , I just dont think is he pro ready and I'm a " selfish" UK fan , I actually want whats best for the university . And I dont apologize for it .

they can. but he can help. and it means more to help them than to be at uk.
Yes he does son
Go back to your successful business as you describe it, learn to spell and punctuate, and figure out who your children are. Wenyen doesn’t have a family to support. He’s not married and doesn’t have children. Therefore, he doesn’t have anyone to support other than himself, son.

Reactions: kev69
Give me jv and Wenyen or JV and Reid and call it a season. As great as he'd be for us. The more and more his dad speaks the more and more irrational they obviously are and the more and more I could care less if he comes back due to the fact I really don't think he likes college or being a wildcat. If we aren't a first rd pick he's coming back, well on second thought, who cares about probably getting millions next year if I stay in college one more year. Since it's become obvious my son will not get picked first round, as long as he can get picked 60th we still staying in the draft we don't need a first round guarantee, that's obviously not going to happen so let's just leave and take a non guaranteed deal and take the 35k/year as apposed to waiting one year for millions since my son is clearly a GLeague player at this point and has zero chance of making an nba roster this coming season.

Just seems like they're looking for any and every reason to not return to UK regardless how obviously beneficial it'll be for him due to much weaker draft class and much higher projections. It was only if he's a first round will he leave, well, on second thought. First round obviously seems delusional as it's an impossibility for a gm to throw his job away drafting a 6'7 center when that's the average size for your NBA SF.

So as long as he can possibly get picked anywhere he will stay in the draft, another year of college just isn't fun and way too far ahead we want the 35k and we want it now, screw the millions we don't need no millions we came to be OAD and by golly that's what we gonna do. I legit feel like if they don't get a guarantee at any pick, and if someone tells them that they might be willing to draft him with the 60th pick depending on what's available at that point. That'll be all they need to hear to leave. For some players the GLeague is a dream come true even if it means passing up on millions by waiting one year. Some people love PB&J's instead of Lobster and Kobe beef and being royalty for a lifetime in a town. And PJ to me seems like a PB&J kinda guy with the way his father is talking for him.

Some of the board experts have kept us abreast on the Gabriel family financial troubles.

It appears that every winter, they’re forced to slay an elephant and make a home in the animal’s carcass in order to keep warm for the winter.

Apparently, there are hundreds of elephants roaming wild in suburban New Hampshire for them to choose from.
I laughed out loud.

Reactions: crpoore
ADVERTISEMENT