ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Scott Drew!

No sir, the dolts are the ones that don't want Drew and don't realize what an upgrade over Cal he will be. The dolts are that part of the fan base that are always missed about something
Let's be honest.Anyone is an upgrade over Cal at this point.That's not saying much.

Reactions: Emarc
It’s simply disgusting how Calipari has lowered some of you all expectations so much that we settle for this and you act like you’re happy with it. This isn’t Tennessee. We should’ve been able to get whatever name we wanted and this wasn’t the name we wanted.

No sir, the dolts are the ones that don't want Drew and don't realize what an upgrade over Cal he will be. The dolts are that part of the fan base that are always missed about something
So you would be OK with 10-15 loss seasons every year, no conference titles, and losing the first or second game of the tourny every year? That's what Drew will give us.

We have been so upset about not making it out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, that our solution is to hire a guy who does not make it past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament 71% of the time (not including his first 4 seasons at Baylor).

Most anybody is an upgrade over Crapapari, Drew absolutely is but he's still the wrong choice for this program. If he's the hire I hope I'm wrong. Look, I like Drew but this job will eat him up.

Reactions: gossie21
If Scott Drew could win a title at Baylor he can win 3 at Kentucky. People on here are more caught up in the flash hire instead of the stable and grounded hire. Scott Drew is a great hire.
How many conference tournament titles did he win?

So you would be OK with 10-15 loss seasons every year, no conference titles, and losing the first or second game of the tourny every year? That's what Drew will give us.
The last 5 years he has been more successful than any coach besides Hurley and maybe Self. At Baylor.

Reactions: lpkilla7
With Dan Hurley I would have been living and breathing this all the time and through the off season. Smack talk, ready for war, etc.. like when Cal first got here. With Scott Drew it's more of a quiet confidence. I won't be insane about it but will certainly be ready to go when the season starts. Maybe that's a good thing for my productivity LOL. So would I want Dan Hurley above everyone? "Without a doubt." (Coach Stoops voice). But if it ends up being Drew than we could have done a lot worse. Above all, we just need to get back to winning and if he can do that everything else will take care of itself. Consider me a member of the #DrewCrew

Reactions: TM2013
If it's Drew, I will support him 100%. The guy won a title... AT BAYLOR. The guy has the #3 recruiting class, AT BAYLOR. He also had a monster of a team in 2019-2020 when they cancelled the tourney, he could have very well went back to back in 2020 and 2021. Not to mention, there are like 15 pretty good ball players attached to Drew and UK right now that could very well end up on the roster in Drews first year.
Reed Sheppard (probably headed to the NBA)
DJ Wagner (He has one of the toughest decisions)
Ja'Kobe Walter (will he follow Drew and try to improve his NBA stock?)
Jalen Bridges (same question as Walter)
Langston Love (If he follows Drew, he is a direct replacement for Antonio Reeves)
Jordan Burkes (Might look forward to a new coach that can see him on the bench)
Ugonna Onyenso
Big Z
VJ Edgecombe (would he decommit from Baylor and follow Drew to UK?)
Robert Wright III (same question as VJ)
Jason Asemato (same question as VJ and Wright)
Jayden Quaintence (Follow Cal, honor and head to UK?)
Boogie Flande (same)
Billy Richmond (Same)
Somto Cyril (Same)
Travis Perry (KY kid...he is coming)
I don't expect all of these guys to be here, maybe not half even... but if 6 or 7 of them do come and Drew could get a couple portal guys to want to be part of the next UK chapter, its a freaking TEAM, likely the best one Drew has ever coached.

The last 5 years he has been more successful than any coach besides Hurley and maybe Self. At Baylor.

To be fair, he's lost 22 games the last two seasons. 19-21 he was an absolute lightning rod. Those seasons appear to be the exception though, and not the rule.

Is he a great coach? No doubt. Should he be our first option? No such plane of existence exists.

If it's Drew, I will support him 100%. The guy won a title... AT BAYLOR. The guy has the #3 recruiting class, AT BAYLOR. He also had a monster of a team in 2019-2020 when they cancelled the tourney, he could have very well went back to back in 2020 and 2021. Not to mention, there are like 15 pretty good ball players attached to Drew and UK right now that could very well end up on the roster in Drews first year.
Langston Love (If he follows Drew, he is a direct replacement for Antonio Reeves)
Ugonna Onyenso
Big Z
Boogie Flande (same)
Billy Richmond (Same)
Somto Cyril (Same)
I don't expect all of these guys to be here, maybe not half even... but if 6 or 7 of them do come and Drew could get a couple portal guys to want to be part of the next UK chapter, its a freaking TEAM, likely the best one Drew has ever coached.

AT BAYLOR is not an excuse anymore. Either the guy built a strong program or he's an exceptional coach with no support, which is it?

Really? I'll grant you the title was a success. But this dude loses in the first week at much higher rate than Calipari. I'm just having a hard time talking myself into this being the best move for Kentucky.

It’s simply disgusting how Calipari has lowered some of you all expectations so much that we settle for this and you act like you’re happy with it. This isn’t Tennessee. We should’ve been able to get whatever name we wanted and this wasn’t the name we wanted.
lol dude this state had wet dreams about billy donovan and dan hurley the past 2 nights. Nobody is lacking in the expectation department. But many of you can't understand reality. We were never getting the guy we all wanted. What makes you think we could pull one of those 2 guys? Drew was always the guy. when everybody says "anybody but cal" you gotta be prepared for what that looks like.

With Dan Hurley I would have been living and breathing this all the time and through the off season. Smack talk, ready for war, etc.. like when Cal first got here. With Scott Drew it's more of a quiet confidence. I won't be insane about it but will certainly be ready to go when the season starts. Maybe that's a good thing for my productivity LOL. So would I want Dan Hurley above everyone? "Without a doubt." (Coach Stoops voice). But if it ends up being Drew than we could have done a lot worse. Above all, we just need to get back to winning and if he can do that everything else will take care of itself. Consider me a member of the #DrewCrew
More of a yawn fest and a "who cares"

You can't fix stupid. Don't even try. They were born that way and that is way they die, more stupid. Whoever the coach is, i will support. 110%

Reactions: TM2013
lol dude this state had wet dreams about billy donovan and dan hurley the past 2 nights. Nobody is lacking in the expectation department. But many of you can't understand reality. We were never getting the guy we all wanted. What makes you think we could pull one of those 2 guys? Drew was always the guy. when everybody says "anybody but cal" you gotta be prepared for what that looks like.
Sigh.I don't disagree.Anyone but Cal just doesn't seem to be much of a hope for the future of Uk but I guess we will see.

Reactions: JudgeSmells24
Ugonna Onyenso
Big Z
Boogie Flande (same)
Billy Richmond (Same)
Somto Cyril (Same)
How dare you make a sensible post.

Reactions: DuhVille1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT