ADVERTISEMENT

We Really Shouldn’t Be Overly Upset

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
The guys looked a bit flat . . . probably just a hangover effect from the other night. UNCW played a nice game as well. A fellow fan said he thinks our guys have bought into their own hype. I don’t know if that’s true, but if so they were alleviated of that today. I don’t think that’s the case though. UNCW played how they had to and we really didn’t match their sense of urgency.

I’m a little curious as to why Bradshaw was positioned 10 ft from the basket when he was in and they had a guy continually laying it up. Also we can’t finish a +1 to save our lives at the rim.

Anyway, we’re going to be pretty good still. We just didn’t match their intensity until we were trying to climb out of a hole. Hopefully this wakes them up.

Last edited:
Trap game? We don't play for a week and it's against Penn. No reason to not come out and play well.
You're right. I think the Trap game point is true, though. There's certainly no excuse for it.

I think these kids just spanked Miami and thought they'd win this game by getting off the bus. UNC-Wilmington's kids saw this as the potential biggest game of their lives.

You're right. I think the Trap game point is true, though. There's certainly no excuse for it.

I think these kids just spanked Miami and thought they'd win this game by getting off the bus. UNC-Wilmington's kids saw this as the potential biggest game of their lives.
Today had a very similar feel to St Joes in the fact they’re both decent teams who everyone wrote off after bad losses where they shot terribly the game before us. Both times they then had shots go in against us.

Didn’t everyone know when they made the point about the UNCW coach being on the Gardner Webb team that it was going to end this way and have that storyline?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah for real, a trap game to Penn? This was a bad loss and Kentucky got punched in the gut. It's the annual Cal bullshit loss he's good for.
I don't think it had anything to do with Penn. I think they were riding high after smashing Miami and weren't dialed in for tonight.

It's inexcusbale. But that seems like what happened. None of the guys other than Reed and Reeves to an extent brought it.

There is no lipstick on this pig........... Cal didnt have the team ready. The best coaches dont leave it up to the players to bring energy and passion, they get it drilled into them in practice that if they dont bring it, they can hit the road. Cal's too soft, far far too soft.
Oh 100%.

This kind of stuff happens because the coach didn't anticipate and prepare for it.

I don't think it had anything to do with Penn. I think they were riding high after smashing Miami and weren't dialed in for tonight.

It's inexcusbale. But that seems like what happened. None of the guys other than Reed and Reeves to an extent brought it.
I wasn't the one who said it had anything to do with Penn. I was mocking the notion that somehow this was a trap game for Penn a week away and 2 weeks away from UNC.

I mean it’s the typical reaction. We win and we are back baby. But the very next loss means doom. That’s the bbn. We will know more in a month.

Yeah for real, a trap game to Penn? This was a bad loss and Kentucky got punched in the gut. It's the annual Cal bullshit loss he's good for.
It really did feel like one of those games where Cal gets to 'play' from bench. Dude, just let the guys do what they've been doing. This should've been an easy game to not F up. But, Cal is just smarter than us.

They lost because they got beat 1 on 1 repeatedly by UNCW's guards in the last 5 minutes, couldn't stop it. Same as the Kansas game. That's on the players.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
The guys looked a bit flat . . . probably just a hangover effect from the other night. UNCW played a nice game as well. A fellow fan said he thinks our guys have bought into their own hype. I don’t know if that’s true, but if so they were alleviated of that today. I don’t think that’s the case though. UNCW played how they had to and we really didn’t match their sense of urgency.

I’m a little curious as to why Bradshaw was positioned 10 ft from the basket when he was in and they had a guy continually laying it up. Also we can’t finish a +1 to save our lives at the rim.

Anyway, we’re going to be pretty good still. We just didn’t match their intensity until we were trying to climb out of a hole. Hopefully this wakes them up.
So how is life in the fantasy land.

I mean it’s the typical reaction. We win and we are back baby. But the very next loss means doom. That’s the bbn. We will know more in a month.
Great teams dont lose games like this. Losses to mid majors at home show fundamental problems in the program. and since we have a team full of NBA players, its gotta be the head coach and how he goes about things.

• Love
Reactions: March 22
They lost because they got beat 1 on 1 repeatedly by UNCW's guards in the last 5 minutes, couldn't stop it. Same as the Kansas game. That's on the players.
This honestly is a good point that's getting lost in the emotional chaos. Zero lock down Def in the clutch moments. Hopefully that gets resolved.

We can’t continually give the players all the credit for wins and Cal all the blame for the losses. It’s as if many feel that we should never lose nor miss a final four. As an old timer I started following the cats in the mid fifties and rejoiced in 58. It was twenty year before the next one in 78 and eiighteen Before the next in 96. That’s one trophy in a 37 year period. However, this team should never have lost to this team. I expected them to come out flat but still thought they would and should have prevailed. I hope they learned you cannot take any team lightly.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Great teams dont lose games like this. Losses to mid majors at home show fundamental problems in the program. and since we have a team full of NBA players, its gotta be the head coach and how he goes about things.
Shows a serious lack of preparation for sure

The only question we should be asking is do we beat Penn next Saturday or do we have to smell this shit a few more weeks.

The only thing that could make up for the loss today is if the OP would put on some pants.

No

cindy-brady-no.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT