ADVERTISEMENT

WE NEEED A PG

Oh no, he don’t hit 40% from 30 feet out like Curry, he’s trash!!! 😂 These guys can’t be older than 25. 😂
Nice strawman. These guys cant be younger than 56. The best way to build a championship winning team is to get a bunch of guys who can't shoot but are ''gritty''. When did I say he needs to be Curry? He needs to be serviceable to keep the defense honest so they don't sag off. Like they did with Wheeler.

Yeah its not that Butler couldn't work. I just think if we want to have a realistic chance of making a splash in March, we probably need someone who can shoot it at a higher clip and be a bit more of a proven and reliable playmaker. 3 assists to 1.5 TOs isn't all that great either.

And yes, I'm aware he went to some final4s.. but thats more and more becoming kind of a crap shoot for some teams.
Is it a crapshoot or was there actual skill involved in winning 5 straight tournament games? A crapshoot formula might win you two or even three, but not five.

Also, if we're talking about what works generally (the three point game), we should also be willing to talk about what works specifically. That means we have to give Butler his credit - not as a "crapshoot" level player, but as a guy who actually did something that took an amazing amount of skill and effort to obtain.

Ohh, Lord. You're a sensitive little thing, aren't you?

2 years ago, when they made the F4 and were runner-up, they lost to every ranked team they played in the regular season, and went 15-3 in the mountain west. They had losses to St. Mary's, New Mexico, Nevada and Boise st.
They almost lost their first NCAA game to the college of Charleston. Then they went on a run to the cchampionship. Solid season, but it's not like he was their star or anything. They ranked 188th in scoring, btw. He ranked 8th in scoring based on per 40. He also averages 5 assist to 3 turnovers per 40 and 4.2 fouls. His OBPM for the season was a negative. The only player on SDSU with a negative.

Sensitive??? You’re the one who thought your opinion mattered and quoted me.. 😂

Did my opinion hurt your feelings?

We will agree to disagree and I’ll show ya what I’m talking about when the season starts, rather than trying to explain something that you’re not capable of comprehending.

Butler is more than good enough to be THE point guard, which people gloss over because he's known as a defensive guy first. Most people associate elite PGs with scoring first. The fact Butler is one of the best defensive guards in the country but can also get you double digits in the scoring column every night is something any school would be lucky to have as their lead guard. I still really want Smith, but if Butler is our starter, we will be more than fine.

I think our needs are more in tune with some high octane, big time shooting and scoring wings. Give me 2 of Robinson, Brea, Wells, Richmond, White before I worry about a PG. Osobor before a PG as well.

Reactions: UK90
I think right now we've got a great defensive point guard and a cold blooded scoring point guard. I think we need another in case of injury but it could be a combo guard. If Perry is what some people think we won't have minutes for a 3rd point guard.

POSTSEASON FG/FGA

Freshman
6-20
0-5 in NCAA

Sophomore
10-19
1-2 NCAA

Junior
34-74
25-50 NCAA

Senior
21-51
10-22 NCAA

I think right now we've got a great defensive point guard and a cold blooded scoring point guard. I think we need another in case of injury but it could be a combo guard. If Perry is what some people think we won't have minutes for a 3rd point guard.
I think i is unwise to just write in Perry as a serious point option.

If he proves ready for such that is great but I'm more expecting him to make shots to start out.

I think i is unwise to just write in Perry as a serious point option.

If he proves ready for such that is great but I'm more expecting him to make shots to start out.
I wonder if as a freshman Perry will be tough enough to play serious minutes. I don't know how many high level high school players he has completed against on a regular basis. We've seen freshmen before against older, tough seasoned players. We now have pro players in the college bb. And but for nil many of the college players would be either associated with the NBA or some other pro team around the world. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
IDK, I dont love the idea of Lamont being our starting PG.. I'd really like to add someone else.

His shooting percentages me me think we might have just a taller version of Wheeler. I think he makes for a great backup guard.. or a lead guard IF positons 2-5 are very strong.. but yeah, I think we need someone better.
Agreed! I guess we are ruffling feathers wanting a better PG. Lol

I believe the panic (for the select few) is that they don’t see the next 5* freshman PG on the roster, when in actuality, Butler is better, more proven, and will be more reliable than ANY 5* freshman PG coming in to CBB next season…Looking at you, Boogie Fland.

Maggard just brought up Ivy curry. He is a interesting option
He would solve the quick guard needed that can shoot, score, pass and play the one or two. And he moves well without the ball, team player and is disciplined. Only thing, VA Tech not liking us too good already. Still upset about their womens coach. One writer called it a 'debacle' what we did to them. And now poaching their starting guard even though he has hit the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT