ADVERTISEMENT

We get KU in the BIG12 challenge

Prove him wrong. You can’t.
I've already mentioned this and posted links to Self and KU's rebuttals. Not going to rehash it here. If the NCAA had any real evidence, instead of false allegations, KU would have been sanctioned already. They don't and we won't.

I was wondering the same thing. If KU gets Agbaji and Martin back, they're going to be really good.

It’s crazy to think of the dudes that leave every year from UK compared to the guys that return at other programs, it will be another head shaker if KU gets both those guys back and we lose multiple guys off a 9-16 team.

As far as duke's hype for 21/22, yeah, I don't get it.
Agbaji will likely stay in, but we will get Martin and Wilson back.

Beat duke in that goody looking coach's last year? You gotta be kidding. It is already 5 on 8 before the game even starts. Don't you remember the 75 championship game when cheating ass wooden anounced he was retiring before the game. We weren't aowed to win that game and we won't be allowed to win this duke game either. Hope I am wrong but I don't think so
I think we beat Duke so bad that there’s nothing the refs can do to save them.

Duke isn’t going to be good next year, we are going to be a 2 seed or better.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Like Duke, I’m not sure what people are looking at to see an elite team in Kansas..

Duke is only 6 deep and Kansas’ best case scenario is about the same, with that little depth, you’re one injury/one person having a bad season away from being a terrible basketball team. -signed 2020-2021 Kentucky

Kansas doesn’t even have 2 key players they need out of the draft yet, why does sports media just assume guys are coming back for them? I’ve heard it’s likely one or both never play college ball again, it’s 50/50 just like with Mintz.

KU (like most college programs) always seems to get their marginal players back while UK always seems to lose theirs. I blame the “if you can’t leave early you are a failure” culture at UK.

So we are playing on the road in the Big 12 challenge even though we didn't get our home game this year, but we are playing UNC again in the CBS classic? We played UNC last year as a fill-in for UCLA so shouldn't it be UCLA this year? Have they already announced it? Although playing UCLA with Dook, KU, Michigan, and UCLA would be much tougher than an already tough schedule. However, it seems like we should play KU at Rupp and UCLA in the Classic.

I hope this team comes together as it looks like will so far because we have a cheaters roll of games there. Dook on a neutral site with the refs is always tough let alone the rats last year. I think we have the superior team this year so hopefully, it isn't close and the refs can't interfere. At KU is knowing we will lose the FT attempt battle before we get off the bus. The cheats always get a great whistle against us, but let's hope Ole Roy leaving took some of that away. I'm still haunted by that game in 2017 after watching ARK get screwed the game right before us. It was like the NCAA had decided they would be champs before the Tourney started. But if this is the schedule we get all the blue bloods for the revenge tour. At Michigan is no joke either.

It does look daunting. Sadly because of officiating, but I love what this team is molding into and I think this is one of those stories like worse to first. It feels like Cal might have lightning in a bottle again. Should be fun.

Agbaji will likely stay in, but we will get Martin and Wilson back.
If so, i'll be interested to see if he's as good in a KU uniform as he was in an ASU uniform. Sometimes these guys aren't as good when they transfer, sometimes they're better.
At ASU, he was the man everytime down the court, I don't think Self will use him that way, but he's a hell of a talent.

KU (like most college programs) always seems to get their marginal players back while UK always seems to lose theirs. I blame the “if you can’t leave early you are a failure” culture at UK.
Yup and it's the #1 thing Cal needs to change, but given who the staff has been recruiting, I don't think it’s going to change, not even a little bit.

I know this was a typo, but I still laughed because the idea of the NCAA's big sanctions being a ban from PRE-season play as opposed to post would be in keeping with what they would do.

I was hoping to play Texas instead of Kansas, but Kansas-UK is a bigger TV draw so I'm not surprised we get the Jayhawks again.
Did Texas get Alabama ? Maybe matching top preseason teams from each conference

Here are the matchups...
Baylor...Alabama
West Virginia....Arkansas
Oklahoma.....Auburn
Oklahoma Stare.....Florida
Kentucky.....Kansas
LSU.....TCU
Kansas State.....Ole Miss
Miss.State.....Texas Tech
Missouri......Iowa State
Tennessee.....Texas

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I've already mentioned this and posted links to Self and KU's rebuttals. Not going to rehash it here. If the NCAA had any real evidence, instead of false allegations, KU would have been sanctioned already. They don't and we won't.
KU’s and Self’s rebuttals are what you’re going with as proof of innocence? What are they gonna say, “yeah we conspired with Adidas to give Billy Preston $90,000 to attend KU? The same with Silvio DeSouza’s guardian. Yep, we did it. Guilty as charged. We’re ready for our punishment.”

I think that narrative has been put to bed, especially what PJ did and others.

We want Kansas to admit cheating, take responsibility for gross NCAA violations including loss of institutional control and direct involvement in rules violations by the coach, to self-impose sanctions, and to quit recruiting players who beat women and foment violence. And while the Jailhawks are at it, the program could quit making a mockery of the sport with tawdry, embarrassing escapades like hanging Helms Bread Company banners in Phog Allen like they mean something, just to cover the lack of real program achievements.

Since you asked, that's what we want. But no one is holding his or her breath.
Yeah...that had to leave a mark

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I think that narrative has been put to bed, especially what PJ did and others.

We are coming off a 9 win season because we lost our entire roster (save one player) from the year before, so it’s still a concern in my book.

We are coming off a 9 win season because we lost our entire roster (save one player) from the year before, so it’s still a concern in my book.
We have Brooks, Ware, Allen, Toppin, and maybe Mintz. So possibly 5 guys back. I'll take that every year! And all these guys played minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT