ADVERTISEMENT

We didn’t attack Bacot

Played heavy minutes with two gouls and yet we did not attack him.

COACHING MALPRACTICE.

Come On Comedy GIF by ABC Network

^^^ that guy?

It’s like he has zero understanding on key aspects of the game.

UNC goes as Bacot goes. Two fouls? Cool, let’s shoot threes.
Not sure what game you watched, but we shut down Bacot. The double teams forced a good number of turnovers and he was absolutely frustrated with it. The players did a great job of doubling him at the right time so he couldn't kick it back out for an easy jumper. And seeing as he was a non-factor on offense why would we force our own offense into trying to draw fouls on him?

Half this board has spent years bitching about not shooting enough 3s and now you're complaining we're taking too many and saying we should go inside more. Can't win with you guys.

I dont like Cal,and Iwould like to see us make a change. With that said to ignore a top 10 win and still bitch about this team afterward smacks of stupidity. Could we have won by more,sure,but we also could have lost,we didnt. I love UK basketball and to bitch about tonights WIN despite how I feel about the coach, is just mystifing to me. WHY even watch the games if dissatifation with Cal renders you incapable of objectivity. Some of you really need to stop watching UK basketball until Cal is gone if you can find no joy in tonights VICTORY. Isnt Ws what UK is supposed to be about.

It’s like he has zero understanding on key aspects of the game.

UNC goes as Bacot goes. Two fouls? Cool, let’s shoot threes.

Bacot fouled at least 10 times in that game.

Lol, can see it now....

Cal forces someone to go at Bacot. No foul called.

Rafters: I knew he wouldn't change. He is just posting up the bigs. Why aren't we shooting more threes?

Again, Calipari cannot win with many of you all. It is pretty pathetic that we have a group on this board who is so weak minded they cannot even give credit to our HC for a good game.

Calipari did great tonight. The tech was deserved, earned and he should've been complaining. UNC dude was like a foot out of bounds. That did nothing outside of give them two points. Was a game of runs...we were up 10+ three different times.

My only criticism is around use of Edwards; even there he only played 13 mins. Kid is struggling and not sure how you fix him.

Last edited:

Lol, can see it now....

Cal forces someone to go at Bacot. No foul called.

Rafters: I knew he wouldn't change. He is just posting up the bigs. Why aren't we shooting more threes?

Again, Calipari cannot win with many of you all. It is pretty pathetic that we have a group on this board who is so weak minded they cannot even give credit to our HC for a good game.

Calipari did great tonight. The tech was deserved, earned and he shouldn't have been complaining. UNC dude was like a foot out of bounds. That did nothing outside of give them two points. Was a game of runs...we were up 10+ three different times.

My only criticism is around use of Edwards. Kid is struggling and not sure how you fix him.
Some people like to argue for the sake of arguing. Sure Cal has gotten on my nerves in the past with his digs at the fans and his style of play. There has been nothing to complain about this year. And even if there were, for me, I still wouldn't be angry about it. Life's too short for that and in the end it is just a game played by young adults. It used to be that losses made me angry and just ruined my day but hasn't been like that for me for a very long time. I never thought I would see fans mad about a win but here we are.

Some people like to argue for the sake of arguing. Sure Cal has gotten on my nerves in the past with his digs at the fans and his style of play. There has been nothing to complain about this year. And even if there were, for me, I still wouldn't be angry about it. Life's too short for that and in the end it is just a game played by young adults. It used to be that losses made me angry and just ruined my day but hasn't been like that for me for a very long time. I never thought I would see fans mad about a win but here we are.

I'm using with ya. I was pretty pissed after UNCG game because you just cannot lose games like that. Clearly, Wagner means a lot to what we do offensively and he was out plus inserting AB into lineup.

Thrilled with last night. Much needed and I thought Cal was great last night. Adjusted when needed and has worked with team on phases of game that have shown marked improvement.

Out rebounded a much stronger UNC team by 10. Cal spent practices devoted to this...it is working.

He has Rob Dillingham diving across the floor for loose balls. That is coaching, 100%.

I'm using with ya. I was pretty pissed after UNCG game because you just cannot lose games like that. Clearly, Wagner means a lot to what we do offensively and he was out plus inserting AB into lineup.

Thrilled with last night. Much needed and I thought Cal was great last night. Adjusted when needed and has worked with team on phases of game that have shown marked improvement.

Out rebounded a much stronger UNC team by 10. Cal spent practices devoted to this...it is working.

He has Rob Dillingham diving across the floor for loose balls. That is coaching, 100%.
Rob and DJ took 30 of our 72 shots last night but I absolutely love their aggressiveness. I thought DJ played his best game yet. RJ got the best of him most of the game but DJ never backed down. Our guard play is incredible and teams with good guards win in March. We were all clamoring for better defense and we showed big time improvement yesterday. I love this team and we will only get better.

Nobody's mad about a win, people are irritated with some things that went on during the game. Big difference. Everyone's different, just because you think it's just a game and you don't have anything to complain about, doesn't mean others should follow suit. I can assure you that coaching staff has plenty to complain about and want to adjust. What makes this messageboard beautiful is the varying opinions. Please don't try to squash that.

Nobody's mad about a win, people are irritated with some things that went on during the game. Big difference. Everyone's different, just because you think it's just a game and you don't have anything to complain about, doesn't mean others should follow suit. I can assure you that coaching staff has plenty to complain about and want to adjust. What makes this messageboard beautiful is the varying opinions. Please don't try to squash that.
Sometimes it's not what people say it's how they say it. You have your people who respectfully disagree with something and then you have those who have an axe to grind and you can feel the anger in their words. It's the latter that's irritating. And those folks can have some good insight about a topic later in their long winded diatribe, but it's done been rendered useless by then in my book.

The problem is when the criticism doesn't match reality. OP here complained about not going at Bacot to get him in foul trouble. It was pointed out that we basically took him out of the game by playing great D against him so there was no need to get him in foul trouble. OP went as far as to complain that instead of going inside to get Bacot in foul trouble we kept shooting 3s. What's been the number one complaint on this board for the last handful of years? We don't shoot enough 3s. So now people are really complaining we're shooting too many? Wanting us to change the offense to one that hammers the ball inside to accomplish something that we accomplished on the defensive end of the floor isn't a valid criticism.

Criticism is fine. Constantly moving the goalposts to find something to complain about is annoying and that's why people were calling it out in this thread.

I've watched the replay twice and watched parts of the game more than that. We were being called for fouls when Bacot was the aggressor. He was allowed a get away with a lot in this game. Tre got one for playing simple defense and Bradshaw was called when he got run into by Bacot. OP is clueless on this one.

I'm all for dumping on Cal when he deserves it but they kept one of the top bigs in College basketball from being a factor so it seems like a good game plan to me.Plus let's be real that if the refs were fair the ugly mofo should have fouled out.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT