ADVERTISEMENT

We are about to lose our home

What really worked for me was some weird whacky shit that seems like it could never work. But it's called EMDR or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. A therapist will have you listen to a wooshing tone and follow a light with your eyes while walking you through visualizations of scenarios that bring you anxiety.

Sounds crack pot but I haven't taken an SSRI in over 6 years and have had like 1 panic attack.
I am passing this along to my daughter. She has anxiety and PTSD from some traumatic experiences teaching in Memphis. She has started seeing a therapist but they haven't been doing this.

I am passing this along to my daughter. She has anxiety and PTSD from some traumatic experiences teaching in Memphis. She has started seeing a therapist but they haven't been doing this.
I can't recommend it enough, I did 5-6 sessions of it and it worked like magic. It probably doesn't work for everyone but it's sure worth a try! Triggers I had before just don't even make me uncomfortable in the slightest. Hoping for the best for your daughter 🤞🏻.

I donated, but for your son, have you thought about a gift registry at amazon or walmart online? Some of us could go in and get him a birthday present.
Last night was hectic for us so I didn't get a chance to hop back over here.

He loves one piece and Legos. Really can't go wrong on either of those.

Most of the Lego sets he built (and our youngest sons electric car he loved) got lost when their uncle passed and we lost access the storage unit he kept for our shared belongings. We were in the process of moving the 5 of us to a new home when he got pneumonia. They sent him home on a bipap machine and told him to rest for a few weeks. He was out of sick days and wouldn't be persuaded to stay home. He went back to work and his body just gave out.

That was a double blow for the kiddos. Uncle DJ took them everywhere and did all the fun stuff that's hard for my wife and I to do with our health being what it is.

My family wants to express our sincere gratitude to everyone. BBN is amazing. We can't express that enough.

We never imagined a response like that. My wife and I broke down in tears when we saw the goal surpassed.

Thank you all for helping us save our home and take this huge weight off of us. It's hard enough to fight illness on its own but so much harder with all that stress added to it.

Our boys have been through so much loss and were already uprooted from their long time home to move here. We can now give them some stability for a while.

We send our love and thanks to everyone here.
David, DeDra, Noah, and Henry Grizzle

Most of the Lego sets he built (and our youngest sons electric car he loved) got lost when their uncle passed and we lost access the storage unit he kept for our shared belongings. We were in the process of moving the 5 of us to a new home when he got pneumonia. They sent him home on a bipap machine and told him to rest for a few weeks. He was out of sick days and wouldn't be persuaded to stay home. He went back to work and his body just gave out.

That was a double blow for the kiddos. Uncle DJ took them everywhere and did all the fun stuff that's hard for my wife and I to do with our health being what it is.

My family wants to express our sincere gratitude to everyone. BBN is amazing. We can't express that enough.

We never imagined a response like that. My wife and I broke down in tears when we saw the goal surpassed.

Thank you all for helping us save our home and take this huge weight off of us. It's hard enough to fight illness on its own but so much harder with all that stress added to it.

Our boys have been through so much loss and were already uprooted from their long time home to move here. We can now give them some stability for a while.

Keep your head up Rip. I once received a surprise go fund me to assist with medical bills and the whole experience really changed my perspective on humanity.

I hope good news comes your way soon and that the funds help lift your family’s spirit and keep your stress levels down. You have way more important things to worry about than money, but man if it isn’t important when you run out.

All I am saying is make sure this person is on up and up. Before donating. I would like an explanation of two dads.
It's a pretty simple one. I was raised by my step father. I don't think I've said those words in decades though. He's my dad.

My biological father and mother divorced when I was 5. He cut off contact when I was 8 years old after he married a teenager and knocked her up.

I did reestablish contact as an adult for a while but we stopped speaking permanently in 2006 I think. I found out he passed in 2011 while my wife was carrying our first son. Apparently he had a heart attack and the aforementioned teenage bride (now older obviously) decided to take everything of value he had out of the house before calling 911 long after he passed.

I was just talking about EMDR on my class today.
This one I haven't heard of.

I check all those boxes. I really need to get back into therapy but Ive been so overwhelmed by life that I can't keep up with what I've got on my plate already.

I make sure our oldest gets his therapy. Our 5 year old is starting now too. Thankful for school based therapy here. They need to learn to process their grief. Not just all the loss they have experienced already but I know their mother's health is really hard for them too. My own to a somewhat lesser extent because it's not as visible as hers. At least not yet.

Keep your head up Rip. I once received a surprise go fund me to assist with medical bills and the whole experience really changed my perspective on humanity.

I hope good news comes your way soon and that the funds help lift your family’s spirit and keep your stress levels down. You have way more important things to worry about than money, but man if it isn’t important when you run out.
It’s things like this that keep my hope in humanity alive. There is a lot going on in the country daily that is making me lose hope. I’m glad to see this.

Glad to hear it! So happy to see it keep rising even more. Hopefully it reaches a goal where you can relax for a couple months to get back caught up a little.

Reactions: Ripamaru
Thanks, OP, for clearing that stuff up. The internet has made us all a little skeptical and jaded. Blessings to you and your family.
No problem. I understand completely.

If anyone has any other questions I'm happy to answer them. I am an open book. Ive struggled in my life. I made mistakes in younger years. I battled mental health and substance issues. I gave my life to God and became a better man. I'm proud to say I'm a good husband and father today.

I'm living proof that anything is possible in the grace of God.

you may not be comfortable posting your personal email address here. If you are, I would like to send you an amazon ecard to use for your sons birthday. If you aren't, if one of the mods could help us, I would like to do that.

No problem. I understand completely.

If anyone has any other questions I'm happy to answer them. I am an open book. Ive struggled in my life. I made mistakes in younger years. I battled mental health and substance issues. I gave my life to God and became a better man. I'm proud to say I'm a good husband and father today.

I'm living proof that anything is possible in the grace of God.
It brings me no joy to ask you these questions, but I am a thoroughly skeptical person, and I loathe seeing people take advantage of the benevolence and generosity of others:
Why are you organizing this fundraiser for Marilyn Taylor, rather than the other way around?
In whose name is the house you are about to lose?
When was the last time you were taken into police custody?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripamaru
Why on earth did a mod move this to the paddock? Most people never go to the paddock. If the only reason was its not basketball related then it was pretty heartless. SMDH

Reactions: RunninRichie
It brings me no joy to ask you these questions, but I am a thoroughly skeptical person, and I loathe seeing people take advantage of the benevolence and generosity of others:
Why are you organizing this fundraiser for Marilyn Taylor, rather than the other way around?
I really don't think this guy is faking it. He uploaded pics of his wife's dead brother for god's sake, and his two kids, his dad's bloodied face. It says he is doing this on behalf of his wife. I don't think his wife with lung disease and kidney disease has the energy to organize a gofund me. Just assuming, but I doubt she has it.

By all accounts OP seems like a great father and person. Going the distance to support his wife and kids. Even if that means asking for help on a basketball forum. All avenues exhausted.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Marilyn Taylor is my mom. We set the funds to transfer into her account so she can help us manage everything. Make sure everything gets done especially if my health gets worse.

As far as your other question goes I have really old fines I owe (originally from a traffic violation back in 2012). I got behind on payments and I went down there to have the warrant served a couple months ago. Ive been slowly paying it down over the years. It's down to around 200 now.

I haven't done anything actually criminal in years since I turned my life around. I'm not hiding anything.

In spite of what you said it very much does appear like you enjoy asking these questions. If you want someone to engage in your detective role play fantasy I'm sure you can find someone into that sort of thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT