ADVERTISEMENT

We are about to lose our home

Done. Good luck on your path. Keep your head up and keep believing, and grind. You can and will overcome this small roadblock.

Reactions: Ripamaru
It's funny how we all gather here to discuss UK basketball without giving much thought to others backgrounds. You openly sharing personal hardships was courageous and allowed me to have a personal connection with you.
Thanks brother. I have learned that if you wanna stay clean you have to talk about your addictions and face them head on.

I so admire your transparency.
Always remind yourself " Failing is inevitable, quitting is a choice.
God bless
Quitting is definitely a choice but it took the help of many other drugs to do. I know many are stuck in the ways of cold turkey but sometimes Medically assisted treatment works miracles. Even those who stay on them can be productive members of society again. Anyways thanks to all the positive comments from everyone here! Let’s focus on the real issue of the thread and help our friend @Ripamaru .

Thanks brother. I have learned that if you wanna stay clean you have to talk about your addictions and face them head on.
Not the same but I used to have crippling anxiety for absolutely no apparent reason. I would wake up dry heaving, and puking stomach acid every morning. Sometimes I couldn't even leave the house to go to visit my best friend. When I would eat at restaurants after I'd eat I'd have to stay in the bathroom for 20 minutes or so to calm myself down so I wouldn't puke. The crippling shame that came along with it made me not even seek treatment and just try to deal with it for over a decade.

Thankfully now I'm mostly unaffected by anxiety, but I've found taking away it's power of embarrassment and shame over me has been incredible. I'll always share and talk with anyone who has those types of problems and speak proudly of how they can be overcome. So I definitely agree. Embrace your faults and never let the reminder of them fade into obscurity. The remembrance is a powerful preventative for relapse.

Not the same but I used to have crippling anxiety for absolutely no apparent reason. I would wake up dry heaving, and puking stomach acid every morning. Sometimes I couldn't even leave the house to go to visit my best friend. When I would eat at restaurants after I'd eat I'd have to stay in the bathroom for 20 minutes or so to calm myself down so I wouldn't puke. The crippling shame that came along with it made me not even seek treatment and just try to deal with it for over a decade.

Thankfully now I'm mostly unaffected by anxiety, but I've found taking away its power of embarrassment and shame over me has been incredible. I'll always share and talk with anyone who has those types of problems and speak proudly of how they can be overcome. So I definitely agree. Embrace your faults and never let the reminder of them fade into obscurity. The remembrance is a powerful preventative for relapse.
💯 I’m glad you have found peace, I have anxiety still to this day. Not crippling but I do understand how it can get. Keep it up!

Sure do wish I could help you my friend!
Will be praying my heart out tonight for things to get better for you. Times are horrible right now and I am also having it hard financially but able to still work thank God. This site has helped me through the years to forget about worrying so I wanna thank each and everyone of you as well.
The BBN family are the greatest fans in the world!

💯 I’m glad you have found peace, I have anxiety still to this day. Not crippling but I do understand how it can get. Keep it up!
What really worked for me was some weird whacky shit that seems like it could never work. But it's called EMDR or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. A therapist will have you listen to a wooshing tone and follow a light with your eyes while walking you through visualizations of scenarios that bring you anxiety.

Sounds crack pot but I haven't taken an SSRI in over 6 years and have had like 1 panic attack.

Thankfully now I'm mostly unaffected by anxiety, but I've found taking away it's power of embarrassment and shame over me has been incredible. I'll always share and talk with anyone who has those types of problems and speak proudly of how they can be overcome. So I definitely agree. Embrace your faults and never let the reminder of them fade into obscurity. The remembrance is a powerful preventative for relapse.
Man. Tell me about it. I have OCD and the anxiety that comes with that is unbearable.

His dad was Hubert. From Scottsville.
My dad Jim fell a few days ago and is suffering from a brain bleed. He has been moved to a nursing home probably permanently. The latest in a series of tragedies for our family. Our boys lost their favorite uncle DJ last year. He passed away at age 30. Their other grandpa a few months earlier. My aunt Melody
who were were really close to before that.

Where do you see Hubert?

My dad Jim fell a few days ago and is suffering from a brain bleed. He has been moved to a nursing home probably permanently. The latest in a series of tragedies for our family. Our boys lost their favorite uncle DJ last year. He passed away at age 30. Their other grandpa a few months earlier. My aunt Melody
who were were really close to before that.

Where do you see Hubert?
The obituary.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The obituary.
IDK man, all I know is I found a David Grizzle that lived in Tennessee too. I’m sure he’s not the only David Grizzle in America. Looks like he has had 3 go fund me’s an over a 5 year period for this cancer. I have no reason to not believe the dude. If it’s not legit no sweat off my back. I’ve got $20-$30 to burn. I’d rather it go to someone in need if I got it. Not like I’m a personal friend of him or even know him well on here, just trying to help out a fellow BBN. I don’t wanna see anyone get hustled but I don’t wanna go off just a google search either.

Screenshot-20240424-173130-Chrome.jpg

Fundraiser
I’m praying and though I know you don’t need another task to add to your list, I’m wondering if you have a Habitat for Humanity affiliate in your location. They have longer term plans for housing, but may point to short term solutions too. As others have added, calling local churches is a good choice; call as many as you can (and if any church acts indifferent about helping, please don’t let it discourage you; that’s on them and not at all how God feels about you). I’d also be in touch with the family resource center in your child’s school; the person in charge would be a worthwhile contact to make. Ask if the school or your local hospital or health department has a social worker you can talk with too as they should know connections to aid. Feeding America for extra food on top of EBT is worth contacting, if there’s an affiliate in your area. The challenge I’ve often seen when trying to work with people who need a hand up during hard times isn’t a lack of community and state/federal agency resources, but a lack of help from people who can connect them faster with those resources.

Last edited:
What really worked for me was some weird whacky shit that seems like it could never work. But it's called EMDR or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. A therapist will have you listen to a wooshing tone and follow a light with your eyes while walking you through visualizations of scenarios that bring you anxiety.

Sounds crack pot but I haven't taken an SSRI in over 6 years and have had like 1 panic attack.
EMDR is a wonderfully helpful therapy for so many people afflicted with trauma/PTSD and anxiety.

Bump.

Thanks to the folks on this board for coming together for this precious family. This is why BBN is truly special.

Reactions: Ripamaru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT