ADVERTISEMENT

Watched some of the Duke scrimmage...

Jim Malone Lt.

Blue Chip Prospect
Silver Member
Apr 9, 2024
Will be an interesting game on the 12th. The scrimmage was played at a decently contested level. Not a walk through like ours.

PROS

Obviously Duke has a lot of talent.

One thing is they are very big. Maulauch is big and agile, but seems to be just a dunker rim protector right now.

Cooper Flagg is extremely skilled for his size. He basically gets the ball beyond the 3 point line and looks to drive with either hand. Didn't see him shoot a lot of jumpers in the game but I know he can.

Very athletic team and the other freshman Kneuppel? looked very solid and skilled. He was matched up against Flagg in the first half and did well.

CONS

I don't think their guards are going to be a consistently great shooting. Flagg and Kneuppel will probably be their best shooters. I remember last year watching them and not loving their guard play, and I still kind of fell the same way. Proctor just doesn't really do it for me and the new guys that brought in seem freshmany or just ok.

They were very sloppy but that's to be expected.

Not sold on Scheyer as a coach. They are kind of trying to run an offense similar to Pope's right now, but I'm not sure Scheyer can coach an offense like that.

From what I've seen Kentucky seems more advanced running an offense and having some cohesion. Duke had a young team look to them of not quite knowing what to do right now similar to a lot of Kentucky's recent teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.