ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Caitlin Clark for the first time.

Love some Caitlin Clark. I live in DSM, IA her hometown. Can't say I root for Iowa basketball at all, grandparents from Lexington KY saw to it I rooted for the right team. But it was fun loosely following CC and the IA women. Its too bad they didn't win the national title.

Wasn't it reported that she was very difficult to get along with, maybe verbally abusive towards her players?

Wasn't it reported that she was very difficult to get along with, maybe verbally abusive towards her players?
I hadn't seen that, but I'm pretty sure most superstars are that way with their teammates. And "verbally abusive" is pretty subjective.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Mulkey? Probably.

Clark. I certainty haven't heard that and that team seemed tight/close. I'd be surprised if that was the case. I'm surrounded by fanatical Clark fans a non stop media coverage of CC. Seems to come from a very grounded catholic family.

I have to eat crow. It's been a long time since I honestly really watched women's basketball, and I've poo pooed that sport a lot. But I watched that game and I was actually surprised and impressed. It was actually a refreshing form of basketball, and was actually pretty good. Now I'm even interested to see this Juju frosh at USC.

I was wrong. Hopefully our women can get it going now.
Well said for a number of us! And who knows, with what Coach Brooks is bringing to UK we may need a separate thread just for the women's basketball. GO CATS!!

I’ve said before…Clark might be able to play NAIA at a some schools. But anything above that she would be guarded by 6’2 or taller guys. Who would be quicker and can jump higher.

But NAIA I can see her still being able to get her shot off over 5’10guys.

I know the answer is probably "no". But serious question, could C.Clark (or other women's player) play (& contribute) at the college level, even if just D-II or NAIA?
Before you laugh too much, consider that Goehke guy (wasn't a kid) from Oakland, who hadn't played D-I ball until this year and put up 30 on UK. He was NOT scoring because of quickness, or height, or strength, or jumping ability, or any type of athleticism, he scored strictly because he could shoot and he didn't stop moving to get open. And he wasn't much of a defender either. No she couldn't guard almost any male guard, but neither could Goehke. How would Clark be different than Goehke? I think both could get 21 one game, and 0 the next two games.

BTW, 30+ years ago I played in a pickup game vs a women's all-american player that I knew. But I wasn't very good (I actually was better in my 30's and early 40's than in college).
Oakland? Thanks for bringing that up...next time cut me and pour lemon juice...
Animated GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT