ADVERTISEMENT

Was it confirmed Carr is/was here this weekend?

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
I’ve seen several pics of Mahaney here but none of Carr. Anyone know for sure? Someone (can’t remember who) said last week that Carr and Osobor knew each other and were interested in playing together. If that’s true, would make more sense to me if they visited together.

I’ve seen several pics of Mahaney here but none of Carr. Anyone know for sure? Someone (can’t remember who) said last week that Carr and Osobor knew each other and were interested in playing together. If that’s true, would make more sense to me if they visited together.
Osobor and Williams played High School in England together and now they share the same agent over here. I’m not sure if Carr has been here or not this weekend. Osobor wasn’t supposed to start visit till like Monday.

I just seen a pic of both Mahaney and Carr together I thought. Both in UK jerseys.

Edit: apparently it was his brother with Mahaney.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Carr has the same agent as Williams and Osobor and there's been chatter (don't know if it's agent b.s. or not) that Osobor and Carr want to play together.

No one's really talking about Carr but he's PERFECT for Pope's system. A big man that can score inside and step out and shoot 3s at a 37 percent clip. Also averaged 7 boards a game so he's not going to linger on the perimeter, or is afraid to mix it up inside. Him and Osobor actually complement each other's games really well, so maybe that rumor is true. Although the infamous "package deals" rarely works out.

Locking up Carr/Osobor/a decent backup big is my dream scenario to round out the frontcourt.

We won't have any lottery picks, but neither did the 1998 Wildcats.

Obviously, the '98 team was special because of years of continuity with the roster. Whatever roster Pope rolls out next year won't have that, but I do think we could have very good balance like that '98 team. Five guys who give you double digit scoring, and maybe two off the bench who give you 5 to 7 points per game.

Carr is a guy who could give UK 10 to 12 points and 6 or 7 rebounds per game and provide steady consistency.

I'm pretty sure Carr has the same agent as Williams and Osobor and there's been chatter (don't know if it's agent b.s. or not) that Osobor and Carr want to play together.

No one's really talking about Carr but he's PERFECT for Pope's system. A big man that can score inside and step out and shoot 3s at a 37 percent clip. Also averaged 7 boards a game so he's not going to linger on the perimeter, or is afraid to mix it up inside. Him and Osobor actually complement each other's games really well, so maybe that rumor is true. Although the infamous "package deals" rarely works out.

Locking up Carr/Osobor/a decent backup big is my dream scenario to round out the frontcourt.
Yeah I watched Carr on and off random games. He looked pretty solid. That would be a good front court in theory.

We won't have any lottery picks, but neither did the 1998 Wildcats.

Obviously, the '98 team was special because of years of continuity with the roster. Whatever roster Pope rolls out next year won't have that, but I do think we could have very good balance like that '98 team. Five guys who give you double digit scoring, and maybe two off the bench who give you 5 to 7 points per game.

Carr is a guy who could give UK 10 to 12 points and 6 or 7 rebounds per game and provide steady consistency.
Wouldn’t shock me if Chandler becomes a lottery level player. We’ve certainly had recent guys in his talent range develop into lottery picks. Of course his age might push him back some, even if the ability is there.

Wouldn’t shock me if Chandler becomes a lottery level player. We’ve certainly had recent guys in his talent range develop into lottery picks. Of course his age might push him back some, even if the ability is there.
I just hope he didn’t regress on his trip, like had time to practice ever or play competition. I hope it didn’t stunt his development. I know elite athletes usually don’t have that problem. I mean Ted Williams went to war and came back and dominated.

Is Carr still on his visit or did he already leave? Was just curious so no pictures or information about his visit leaked out.

The more I thought about Chandler and what I have seen, isn't his game similar to Sheppard? He is very good shooting and scoring from all three levels. He gets his hands in a lot of passing lanes on defense. Those things are similar to Sheppard. And he is about the same height and jumps like Shep.

• Haha
Reactions: davekersey
The more I thought about Chandler and what I have seen, isn't his game similar to Sheppard? He is very good shooting and scoring from all three levels. He gets his hands in a lot of passing lanes on defense. Those things are similar to Sheppard. And he is about the same height and jumps like Shep.

They are in the same universe. Chandler seems to have more twitch, longer limbed. Seems to me to be more of a 2. More likely to attack the basket.

I just hope he didn’t regress on his trip, like had time to practice ever or play competition. I hope it didn’t stunt his development. I know elite athletes usually don’t have that problem. I mean Ted Williams went to war and came back and dominated.
Yeah. That's my small concern with him, but I ultimately think he pans out well. He has a ton of off-season to work on his game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If we get Osobor, Carr, Maheney, and Robinson which is possible, I think we can be a consistent top 20 team and that would be amazing for year 1.
I’m not sure Davis is completely over…..he is the BEST scorer in the portal this cycle and a consistent scorer is the piece most currently lacking from the team. Davis is the guy you blow the NIL budget for.

With a shooting stroke like he has if he even got to shoot once every two months it will come right back. He'll
just need to get in shape and there's plenty of time. Also, he might well be taller now.

Carr is the stretch 4 this team needs but I’d be stoked for Mahaney, Great or Carr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT