ADVERTISEMENT

Was anyone else shocked we lined up to go for that 4th and 10 ?

ManitouDan

All-American
Dec 7, 2006
I was thinking “ WTH are we doing “ and it was a horrible time to gamble .. punt the ball , pin them deep , and let the D work . Which is what happened after we couldn’t get the play off .. just a barrage of stupidity in my opinion. It worked out great , we got the ball back in great shape , but the staff was about to screw that up big time , only our incompetence saved us - agreed ?
And thankfully SC staff actually coached a pretty stupid game as well , kept going wildcat and it wasn’t working at all .

Just a bizarre sequence. Not sure if we were planning on running a play or we’re content with a delay of game. Made zero
Sense either way but nothing this staff does so par for the course in that regards.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Could have been hoping to get the SCAR D to jump and give them a cheap 5 yds then go or it on 4th and 5. But agree, kicking away and playing D was the best bet. Of course, hoping this bunch on D could pen them is another question.

Reactions: crestcat
Yes, because on 3rd and 10 we went for our 8th failed attempt to go deep. Throw a screen and try to get some cheap yards. Give it to Davis and you probably get 6 or 7 yards to make it manageable. just no bigger picture thinking.

Yes, because on 3rd and 10 we went for our 8th failed attempt to go deep. Throw a screen and try to get some cheap yards. Give it to Davis and you probably get 6 or 7 yards to make it manageable. just no bigger picture thinking.
EXACTLY! If you’re planning to go for it on 4th you run a play on 3rd to get manageable distance for 4th . IMO the penalty saved our ass . Turns out it didn’t matter anyway.

EXACTLY! If you’re planning to go for it on 4th you run a play on 3rd to get manageable distance for 4th . IMO the penalty saved our ass . Turns out it didn’t matter anyway.
It seems to me, and just from observation, that in situations where you know you will have to go for it on 4th down...that our coaches do not know it on 3rd down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT