ADVERTISEMENT

Ware's Comment

Well, if anyone wanted my advice on all of this, I would give the same advice to the players and the fans. I would tell the players to ignore the idiots who incessantly attack them and see a game as a matter of life and death. Don't respond and certainly don't get into a back and forth with them and lower yourself to their level.

And to fans, I would say the negative comments are not what being a fan is about. Yes, we get upset because we have passion for a sport we've followed all our lives, but that doesn't mean we should speak every thought that comes into our heads or belittle and attack the players on the team. Constructive criticism is fine, in my view, but the destructive kind I see at times is useless. And I would also add that attacking players on social media is over the line.

Now, since many would not listen to me from either group, what is the solution? All we can do is our own part.

Again the robot usage by the Cal cult.

Because I was being humorous that players should have a robotic mentality and void of feelings and or opinions .
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not everyone can respect that.
Way too serious is and was a general comment .
I am not a Cal cultist.
I doubt him to be in even my short list of influential people in my life.
My happiness or sadness doesn't depend on him.
Have a great day!

Because I was being humorous that players should have a robotic mentality and void of feelings and or opinions .
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not everyone can respect that.
Way too serious is and was a general comment .
I am not a Cal cultist.
I doubt him to be in even my short list of influential people in my life.
My happiness or sadness doesn't depend on him.
Have a great day!
Peace brother

Reactions: Elliott Tim
Translation, you're a pathetic clown who trashes college basketball players then gets in your feelings when they come back at you.

See, I don't have to make up stuff like low class losers like yourself.
You're really bad at this....🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: UKortho
K-Fund donation, NIL donation, or whatever else you think matters does not give you the right to attack the players on a personal level. Calling them "weak-minded losers" or anything close to that is not acceptable. To do so means it isn't about their performance on the court and is about them as a person. If you think you have the right to do that, then you are the problem not anyone's performance in a game.
Pretty sure I didn’t attack anyone or call anyone a ‘weak minded loser’. If I did I was wrong. What I DID say was that Lance was one of my favorite players as a person but no way we go far if he has to play at crunch time because he can’t shoot worth a damn, especially free throws. After I read that he was posting negative things about the fan base in general I have lowered my regard for him and I stand by that. If he’s lowered his regard for me or the fans in general that’s certainly his right.

Reactions: ManitouDan
You're really bad at this....🤣🤣🤣
Bad at what, seeing a lowlife clown for what he is? Nah, I figured you out with the quickness. There's a reason you can't defend yalls pathetic actions.

You're 12, you're 5'5 250 pounds, that's being good at this? You're clearly pathetic in every aspect of life including deflecting when called out on your trash behavior. Don't trash players if you can't take it when they come back at you human trash can.

Yes MOST DEFINITELY!!!!

This entire conversation has shown everyone on this board how out of touch with reality you are.

Hilarious!!
He’s a shiny brand new poster and he’s just being a jerk. His posts are laughable … I agree.

Reactions: catben
Bad at what, seeing a lowlife clown for what he is? Nah, I figured you out with the quickness. There's a reason you can't defend yalls pathetic actions.

You're 12, you're 5'5 250 pounds, that's being good at this? You're clearly pathetic in every aspect of life including deflecting when called out on your trash behavior. Don't trash players if you can't take it when they come back at you human trash can.
You're going on Ignore (before the Mods ban you).

Well, if anyone wanted my advice on all of this, I would give the same advice to the players and the fans. I would tell the players to ignore the idiots who incessantly attack them and see a game as a matter of life and death. Don't respond and certainly don't get into a back and forth with them and lower yourself to their level.

And to fans, I would say the negative comments are not what being a fan is about. Yes, we get upset because we have passion for a sport we've followed all our lives, but that doesn't mean we should speak every thought that comes into our heads or belittle and attack the players on the team. Constructive criticism is fine, in my view, but the destructive kind I see at times is useless. And I would also add that attacking players on social media is over the line.

Now, since many would not listen to me from either group, what is the solution? All we can do is our own part.
If I was a coach, I would advise all the players to stay away from social media all together. Focus on being the best you can be and ignore the noise. Social media can bring love and hate in an instant.

No, I’d never put my name on this board after what happened to Jason Spear. The psychos are rampant, here. But, you should still hold your breath. I haven’t said one thing about being a tough guy. Just stating facts. But, you seem to like the tough guy act by calling me wHimpy for pointing out the obvious. Wonder if you’d say that in person?
What happened to Jason Spear?

Reactions: ManitouDan
Congrats. Can you name your high school or the college team that you coached? All curious members of this board would like to know. Will you name the UK player that was also on your HS basketball team.
I dont know you to be a troll or a poster who stirs shit , so I'll assume your question is legit -- Greenup co . , The one and only " snowman " Mike Scott was a Sophomore teammate of mine .. Started as a freshman at a little school known as Wake Forest his freshman year . Transferred to Big Blue and never really panned out , great guy , hear he can hit a driver a mile ... .. I coached at Shawnee St who recently won a NAIA mens championship in mens hoops 2 years ago .. I turned around a different program ( 4 years ago) . Coached another local HS to a FF recently in said sport . Thats enough info .
As an afterthought we had the bad fortune fortune to draw the eventual state champ in 83 and 85 in the opening round , in each of Mike's Rupp Arena appearances .. Lex Henry clay with Steve Miller in 83 and Hop town in 85 .. we wished we got better draws , LOL Does this change anything ? I dont need street cred nor anyones approval .. I'm gonna fire like I always fire .

Last edited:

The more you post, the more I realize how right I am.

I have never trashed a player. If and when you ever become an adult and get in the real world, you will definitely struggle. Your 10-12 hours a day gaming and doing tik tok will not prepare you for life.

Comic books reader is not a profession. Better erase your history before mommy gets home....😄😄

There's an idiot born every second.... players need to realize they will have to block out the noise.

There is no perfect utopia & you will never get a billion people to agree on how to act.

Reactions: Cawood86
I knew was I on solid ground when all the bass accounts and other fools started disagreeing with me . For a moment I thought I might went to far , but 1000s of D1 athletes work hard just to hold onto their spots , with zero NIL money , so this " oh woe is me , no one knows how hard life is " nonsense needed to be called out .. This guy STARTED .. he started and played 7 min while the NPOY ( and # 1 human being) set the bench .. and he calls out the fans of Big Blue Nation .. well just as you have your right to speak freely , so do I .

I see it differently. Ware is not good enough to just shoot back. That’s what his mindset should be. I don’t like people acting classless in public to players, that’s what rafters is for. But Ware needs to use criticism and become a better basketball player. Coaches used to tell players not to respond to this kind of stuff for a reason.

This day and age we’ve lost certain elements that were so useful years ago. Everyone is just mouthy now. Ware just isn’t good enough in this sport to smile and shoot on Twitter. Use it for fuel and get better.

But people condone this type of player response without thinking hey, Ware just made excuses for being a pretty lackluster basketball player. Who does that help? Nobody.

And yes we expect Kentucky to perform to Kentucky standards. I don’t think some of you listen to yourselves. Calipari has really damaged some of our fans. With the mouthy rants from players, even Calipari’s family members, and Calipari, the guy just wants fights and his people under him in all forms mirror his image. It’s a really bad look most of the time.
This is America. Ware can say whatever the hell he wants regardless of his skill level. Just like you can say whatever you want on here regardless of how good you do whatever the hell you do.

Reactions: UKortho
“It’s easy for people or fans to point their fingers and other people to point their fingers and get on Twitter and type stuff about you,” Ware told reporters Thursday night. “But I’m pretty sure none of them have ever played in a game like that, and never will. Never been in my position or anybody on my team’s position. So it’s kinda funny to see people talk about stuff they don’t know anything about. They just watch.”

Kind of a snide remark. Yes, we watch but care. If we didn't there wouldn't be a fanbase called BBN. Just bc I've never put on the UK jersey doesn't mean I'm not invested or know nothing about basketball. Quite the contrary. I've been a UK fan for longer than he's been alive. So let's suffice to say we both have unique perspectives of caring about the program but recognize it's for the same cause. Don't crap where ya eat Lance!!!
I couldn’t find his Twitter account.

How about shut up and win some games bro. I mean seriously since you been here we lose all the time. Shut up step up or leave this is Kentucky.

How dare we foot the bill for it!!!

Then give ours!!!
Ware didn't question anyone's right to their opinion. He said the opinions on places like Twitter were out of ignorance and funny. All opinions aren't equal.

Somehow that has gotten changed in the telling.

Pretty sure I didn’t attack anyone or call anyone a ‘weak minded loser’. If I did I was wrong. What I DID say was that Lance was one of my favorite players as a person but no way we go far if he has to play at crunch time because he can’t shoot worth a damn, especially free throws. After I read that he was posting negative things about the fan base in general I have lowered my regard for him and I stand by that. If he’s lowered his regard for me or the fans in general that’s certainly his right.
There was a quote in here today that called him a weak minded loser. My point was that is different than saying he didn’t play well. People think the personal attacks are ok. They aren’t.

Reactions: Ed323232
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT