ADVERTISEMENT

Ware's Comment

May 5, 2015
“It’s easy for people or fans to point their fingers and other people to point their fingers and get on Twitter and type stuff about you,” Ware told reporters Thursday night. “But I’m pretty sure none of them have ever played in a game like that, and never will. Never been in my position or anybody on my team’s position. So it’s kinda funny to see people talk about stuff they don’t know anything about. They just watch.”

Kind of a snide remark. Yes, we watch but care. If we didn't there wouldn't be a fanbase called BBN. Just bc I've never put on the UK jersey doesn't mean I'm not invested or know nothing about basketball. Quite the contrary. I've been a UK fan for longer than he's been alive. So let's suffice to say we both have unique perspectives of caring about the program but recognize it's for the same cause. Don't crap where ya eat Lance!!!

I love ware to death. He’s fights. He hustles. He’s a team player despite his limitations.

But just once, just once i’d love for a player, coach, anyone in the athletic department to respond to fan criticism with “you know…if they didn’t care whether we won or lost what good would that do us?”

Nope, it’s always gotta be “us against the fans”. Which is a whole lot of Calipari talking. He loves playing the “us against the world card” and he doesn’t consider his own fans a part of that because he believes he’s above criticism from the people that actually carry the program in down years. Of which he’s actually had several.

/rant

I know criticism will never go away.
When players become aware of it, do you think it helps or hurts their individual and the team's performance ?? Is criticism a help or a hindrance ??

I sure hope they do not read this board, in particular, because the negativity is very high.

Sounds entitled to me. What does he expect? UK fans travel better than other fanbase. We support our team with our hearts and wallets second to none.

So yes, when you drop the ball you’re gonna hear it. Dealing with criticism is part of being a performer, I’m not sure why he thinks he’s special and should be immune to that.

I also love his appeal authority. Basically telling the fans to sit down, shut up, and enjoy the show regardless if they win or lose. I like Ware’s hustle and heart. But what happened to players who heard fan criticism and used it as a fire to get better instead of using it as an opportunity to whine?

And Cal lovers wonder why passion for UK BB is dying.

So since UK fans have never played D1 basketball, we don’t know anything about it?

We are just people who pour our money, time, and emotional energy into a basketball team for decades yet don’t bother to learn anything about the game and how it should be played/coached?

Get real Lance.

Would Kobe or MJ ever put out a soft comment like that after their team blew a game against an inferior opponent? You play for Kentucky. When you lose games you have no business losing, you’re gonna be criticized. If you wanna be mediocre, go play at Dayton or some shit.

Nah. Both of those guys would be wayyyyy more pissed and more critical than any fan.

Hate to break it to Lance but not every college basketball fan is a “basketball Bennie”.

While I’m sure some people he’s talking about fit what he’s saying, There are tons of people out there that know the game of basketball inside and out.

I haven’t said one word about the guy, but I’ll say he’s “limited”.

Sounds entitled to me. What does he expect? UK fans travel better than other fanbase. We support our team with our hearts and wallets second to none.

So yes, when you drop the ball you’re gonna hear it. Dealing with criticism is part of being a performer, I’m not sure why he thinks he’s special and should be immune to that.

I also love his appeal authority. Basically telling the fans to sit down, shut up, and enjoy the show regardless if they win or lose. I like Ware’s hustle and heart. But what happened to players who heard fan criticism and used it as a fire to get better instead of using it as an opportunity to whine?

And Cal lovers wonder why passion for UK BB is dying.
And, in the current NIL climate, with many fans donating big $ to these players, they have a little more invested than just two hours of their time. Not to mention the $ spent on tickets & travel. These players aren’t just innocent amateurs, anymore. Now, NOBODY should be going to his Twitter, or, any other personal page of his & directly insulting him, regardless. But, if he can’t handle what is said on message boards, or, call-in shows, then maybe somewhere like UK isn’t for him. You better have thick skin if you play here. Or, stay off social media & stay in your safe space.

But, honestly, it sounds more like something that he’s heard from Calipari. Our coach has an obvious disdain for fans & anyone who dares to criticize him, valid, or, not. So, I wouldn’t be surprised, at all, if he’s telling his players that fans & their opinions are meaningless & preaching that they are above such criticism from the ignorant Bennies. But, I think they might be shocked by how many of us have played, coached, or, have at least been around basketball most of our lives & aren’t the inexperienced, uneducated hillbillies that they seem to think we are.

It seems like Cal wants all the praise, but, none of the accountability when things go wrong. And, now players are also reflecting that attitude. Ware would be nothing more than a victory cigar in any other era of UK basketball & he feels entitled to, basically, tell fans that they know nothing & to keep their mouths shut & wallets open? What exactly does he do well besides being tall? If Cal’s teams would stop underachieving they’d hear nothing but crickets. Like I said, nobody should ever insult the players directly, regardless. But, the players shouldn’t bite the hands that feed them, either.

“It’s easy for people or fans to point their fingers and other people to point their fingers and get on Twitter and type stuff about you,” Ware told reporters Thursday night. “But I’m pretty sure none of them have ever played in a game like that, and never will. Never been in my position or anybody on my team’s position. So it’s kinda funny to see people talk about stuff they don’t know anything about. They just watch.”

Kind of a snide remark. Yes, we watch but care. If we didn't there wouldn't be a fanbase called BBN. Just bc I've never put on the UK jersey doesn't mean I'm not invested or know nothing about basketball. Quite the contrary. I've been a UK fan for longer than he's been alive. So let's suffice to say we both have unique perspectives of caring about the program but recognize it's for the same cause. Don't crap where ya eat Lance!!!
Did he hurt your feeling lol? Good for Ware.

So it’s ok for fans to crap on the team and players but they can’t respond in kind?
" Crap on the team " as in telling the truth ? The overwhelming majority of vitriol has been at cal NOT any player . Its being pissed off while the guy constantly pisses down their backs and tells them its raining ? So ............. Lance can take his Morehead St level basketball skills and his "woe is me attitude" and piss off . BBN is made up of ten of thousands of people ,. the overwhelming majority never utter a word against these guys, its quite the opposite , they are adorned and worshipped . They are catered to like no athletes before them , and this weak minded p wants to whine about the few that get pissed off because some have told the truth about the COACHES putrid performance ? I loathe weak minded , unintelligent drivel like he has spouted . He should be gracious his coach constantly gives him playing time he has not earned , but has been gifted . See last night . I could say more but it isdnt worth my time ... players like him are not worthy of the UK jersey , or any more of my time .. enjoy the limelight now Sir Lance , there will be a time soon when no one gives a bowel movement at where you played your college ball , you entitled nitwit . This is exactly why people care less , and less , and less .

Last edited by a moderator:
I complain a lot about these guys play from time to time, and about Cal more than that, but Lance has the right to complain about me.... and he does have a point. This season I am on his team. Good for you Lance!

Reactions: Kybluedude and awf
You could easily argue that he shouldn’t be playing in these games either, especially considering the depth of our roster. He’s basically our new Mark Coury.
Cal needs to trim the fat. Big rotation should consist of Oscar/Toppin/Collins/livingston (only 2 allowed on court at once). Ware or ugonna (preferably) only in blowouts or when dealing with severe foul trouble.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT