ADVERTISEMENT

Ware's Comment

Here comes the Hall of Fame credentials… 😂😂😂 I’ll bet $500 you can not prove any of that success!! I’ll literally PayPal you $500 if you can prove just one part of your statement. I’ll wait…….
Rather difficult , evidently some bad things have happened to a few guys baited into doing so . And I',m supposed to do this so an anonymous guy , from Nigeria , whose rich uncle died , is going to send me 500 bucks ?? Here's some more bullshit for you -- I owned a business that did 3 mil a year in sales and sold out and semi retired this year at age 56 .... I dont need your 500 bucks :)

I guess you ignored the " college coach " part ? Does it take Phil J to know right from wrong and when you are being disrespected and played ? Whatever junior , go back to playing call of duty .
Well, yea, I did, because we both know it's not true.

Hint: No one is going to believe someone as sensitive as you was a head coach if anything except maybe a cheerleading squad!

How are you being disrespect or played?

I'm more into Fortnite and Pub-g!

So it’s ok for fans to crap on the team and players but they can’t respond in kind?

I think it's low rent to @ a player and people should never do it. However if players go looking for comments about them, that's on the player

“It’s easy for people or fans to point their fingers and other people to point their fingers and get on Twitter and type stuff about you,” Ware told reporters Thursday night. “But I’m pretty sure none of them have ever played in a game like that, and never will. Never been in my position or anybody on my team’s position. So it’s kinda funny to see people talk about stuff they don’t know anything about. They just watch.”
Besides offending you, what did Ware say that was wrong?
Clear that up for me.

Reactions: dl51344
You can only have an opinion if I agree with it and if you don’t you shouldn’t be allowed to have an opinion.

That’s the vibe I’m getting here.

But having an opinion and having an informed opinion are two very different things and I see less and less of the latter these days as people just squawk at each other online.

Lance can say what he wants. He can also deal with the consequences of saying what he wants. That’s the beauty of free speech.

Reactions: catben
Rather difficult , evidently some bad things have happened to a few guys baited into doing so . And I',m supposed to do this so an anonymous guy , from Nigeria , whose rich uncle died , is going to send me 500 bucks ?? Here's some more bullshit for you -- I owned a business that did 3 mil a year in sales and sold out and semi retired this year at age 56 .... I dont need your 500 bucks :)
I had to start a new profile because a guy figured out who I was once and was being, lets just say a little stalkerish. 😬

Reactions: Popquiz81
He is 100% correct. The posters on here that are downright rude to the players seem to the low income, poorly educated that couldn't get to uk on a waterboy scholarship.

I also agree that if the fans can hide behind their message boards and trash the players then why can't the players respond in kind. All the big boys on here can go tell the players to their face on campus if they are so tough.

He is 100% correct. The posters on here that are downright rude to the players seem to the low income, poorly educated that couldn't get to uk on a waterboy scholarship.

I also agree that if the fans can hide behind their message boards and trash the players then why can't the players respond in kind. All the big boys on here can go tell the players to their face on campus if they are so tough.
I have witnessed posters make those comments who have also mentioned being UK students and graduates so your insinuation that only poor uneducated people make dumb comments is inaccurate. Stupidity isn't limited to the poor or uneducated and if you don't believe me look no further than Washington DC where educated idiots are running around everywhere.

Grom has stated it , and it appears he's correct , Cal is laying some groundwork to go scorched earth . Ware never ever says anything like this without Cals " coaching"
Yup, the same MO as last year.
Basically, " you are a bad person if you don't like our repetitive losing in big games." It's constant manipulation, originating from the coach or his inner circle that seems almost sociopathic to me. (Shrug)

“It’s easy for people or fans to point their fingers and other people to point their fingers and get on Twitter and type stuff about you,” Ware told reporters Thursday night. “But I’m pretty sure none of them have ever played in a game like that, and never will. Never been in my position or anybody on my team’s position. So it’s kinda funny to see people talk about stuff they don’t know anything about. They just watch.”

Kind of a snide remark. Yes, we watch but care. If we didn't there wouldn't be a fanbase called BBN. Just bc I've never put on the UK jersey doesn't mean I'm not invested or know nothing about basketball. Quite the contrary. I've been a UK fan for longer than he's been alive. So let's suffice to say we both have unique perspectives of caring about the program but recognize it's for the same cause. Don't crap where ya eat Lance!!!
Cal can’t hide you buddy. That’s the point of Cals comment. You’re gonna get lit up if you can’t hack it. Ware will never get to the level he wants if he’s worried about what fans think. We know what this team needs.

I'd say the skin is pretty thin after St Peters and then laying a big egg on your first opportunity to prove that was a fluke

turns out it wasn't

but fans don't play the game at the gold standard of college basketball surrounded by future NBA players., so what do they know about what it takes to beat an unranked team.

Lance can clapback all he wants. Scoreboard is how you shut people up, not twitter.

Kind of a snide remark. Yes, we watch but care. If we didn't there wouldn't be a fanbase called BBN. Just bc I've never put on the UK jersey doesn't mean I'm not invested or know nothing about basketball. Quite the contrary. I've been a UK fan for longer than he's been alive. So let's suffice to say we both have unique perspectives of caring about the program but recognize it's for the same cause. Don't crap where ya eat Lance!!!

"Kind of a snide remark"?

You're objecting to a "snide remark"?

Imagine that there was a kind of message board comb that could go through RR, like the ones used to get nits out of hair, and that comb would remove any post that had a snide remark in it. How many comments on RR would be left?

He’s not wrong. I’m sure a ton of the stuff he sees on Twitter is absolute garbage from someone with 0 credentials.
Yeah he's wrong. Credentials? Please. This isn't the space shuttle. Fans are intelligent enough to recognize shitty basketball and losses. Lord knows we've seen enough of that lately. These kids are professionals. They need to learn to deal with some heat. Toughen up and do better.

Reactions: Fox2monk

I can send you a picture of me in front of the Huntington, WV sign about a mile from my house. But you’re not interested in anything but spewing more BS. If you done any of which you say, they have to be a local news article in a google search that states your name only and your achievements. Not your address, phone number or anything but your name and achievement. Bet you can’t even do that. 😂😂😂

Ware hustles and I like him. He doesn’t need to be a go to for anything but a good piece to have.

As for his comment he probably sees stuff on Twitter etc that really bothers him so he has to tune it out because it’s not helpful. Don’t think it’s justification just keeping focus.

I loathe weak minded , unintelligent drivel like he has spouted . He should be gracious his coach constantly gives him playing time he has not earned , but has been gifted . See last night . I could say more but it isdnt worth my time ... players like him are not worthy of the UK jersey , or any more of my time .. enjoy the limelight now Sir Lance , there will be a time soon when no one gives a bowel movement at where you played your college ball , you entitled nitwit . This is exactly why people care less , and less , and less .
You loathe weak minded unintelligent drivel but here you are spouting about as much of it as I’ve read on here a while lol. I have more respect for Ware that busts his butt everyday in practice and has shown he is a good teammate than self entitled fans like you. You sir give BBN a bad name.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdlUK.1
So it’s ok for fans to crap on the team and players but they can’t respond in kind?
It’s an ignorant response. Just because somebody didn’t play at the highest D1 level doesn’t mean they don’t understand the game or played in similar situations. It’s a fallacy

For example I bet he watches the nba and has opinions yet he has never played there or never will.

Plenty of examples of coaches who played D3 at best or never played at all…top of my head: Mark Few, Scot Drew stopped playing in HS. Mike Leach, Sonny Dikes never played football. Brian Kelly, Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin didn’t play D1. That isn’t even getting in to the Gregg Poppovichs of the work who didn’t play pro sports clearly understands what it takes to win at that level.

Sure…he can respond but an ignorant response will be met with criticism

Reactions: JHannibalSmith

I’ll take Ware over many ‘fans’ on here.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
And, in the current NIL climate, with many fans donating big $ to these players, they have a little more invested than just two hours of their time. Not to mention the $ spent on tickets & travel. These players aren’t just innocent amateurs, anymore. Now, NOBODY should be going to his Twitter, or, any other personal page of his & directly insulting him, regardless. But, if he can’t handle what is said on message boards, or, call-in shows, then maybe somewhere like UK isn’t for him. You better have thick skin if you play here. Or, stay off social media & stay in your safe space.

But, honestly, it sounds more like something that he’s heard from Calipari. Our coach has an obvious disdain for fans & anyone who dares to criticize him, valid, or, not. So, I wouldn’t be surprised, at all, if he’s telling his players that fans & their opinions are meaningless & preaching that they are above such criticism from the ignorant Bennies. But, I think they might be shocked by how many of us have played, coached, or, have at least been around basketball most of our lives & aren’t the inexperienced, uneducated hillbillies that they seem to think we are.

It seems like Cal wants all the praise, but, none of the accountability when things go wrong. And, now players are also reflecting that attitude. Ware would be nothing more than a victory cigar in any other era of UK basketball & he feels entitled to, basically, tell fans that they know nothing & to keep their mouths shut & wallets open? What exactly does he do well besides being tall? If Cal’s teams would stop underachieving they’d hear nothing but crickets. Like I said, nobody should ever insult the players directly, regardless. But, the players shouldn’t bite the hands that feed them, either.
Dead on.

This is Cals exact same attitude towards the fanbase and it’s driven a stake between the program over the last 4-5 years.

Before Cal, this fanbase was nationally regarded as College Basketballs most knowledgeable fanbase and one of the most knowledgeable canvases in all of sports. It was often positively mentioned in how we don’t just watch the game but analyze and understand the intricacies of the game etc.

Sorry Lance, that people being mad Cal is making the same easy to fix mistakes and getting beat on 2 inbound plays resulting in Dunks (one while needing to go 94 feet) irritates the fanbase more than it irritates the players and coach.

I don't care if fans lash out or are frustrated by the way we lost that MSU game. So many breakdowns that just should never have happened.

Having said that, I don't care if Ware wants to lash out in response either. He's not wrong. Although we have experience on this team we also had quite a few that were never in that situation as well. You hope they learn from this that way it doesn't happen in March,

I don't care if fans lash out or are frustrated by the way we lost that MSU game. So many breakdowns that just should never have happened.

Having said that, I don't care if Ware wants to lash out in response either. He's not wrong. Although we have experience on this team we also had quite a few that were never in that situation as well. You hope they learn from this that way it doesn't happen in March,
The problem is he and Wheeler's comments seem more about making excuses than taking responsibility for losing.

Maybe Lance should quit getting NIL money since he wouldn't get it without those horrible fans who just watch games.

Would Kobe or MJ ever put out a soft comment like that after their team blew a game against an inferior opponent? You play for Kentucky. When you lose games you have no business losing, you’re gonna be criticized. If you wanna be mediocre, go play at Dayton or some shit.
It’s the new age Lebron era entitles players. They’re soft. This is the same as Lebron, Draymond, and Russ stopping games to have fans ejected for yelling at them and then playing the victim knowing ppl will assume they said the worst though that’s highly unlikely. The last one was caught in video and was literally just a fan saying “shut up Draymond” while he was whining about a call.

Reggie Miller, Kobe, MJ would have just dropped 50 and taunted the fans back all game.

Not even a sports thing really. The current generation is weak minded and entitled as a whole. I wish I could show you how much the military has changed in the last 10 years even from a mentality standpoint of your jr service members. Good order and discipline is a thing of the last. Even bootcamp is significantly softer….it’s sad really bc they need to be able to perform under pressure and stay mentally tough more so than anyone….it isn’t the same as a HR at a corporation nor should it be ran as such even tho that’s where we are now

I’m sorry but I don’t blame Lance. Entitled grown men literally cussing these players out and expect them not to respond??? Sounds to me that you all have talked too much trash behind a screen and now mad that you’re being called out on your BS. The internet definitely has made people comfortable with disrespecting other people and not getting punched in the mouth for it.

I would get mad too if I’m a major D1 player and I have people who have never played organized basketball trying to tell me how to play.

Y’all need to chill and realize, yes us fans are important, but you can’t continue to cross barriers and expect these players not to respond.

Fans are entitled to be able to say what they want to the players but they can’t respond to your BS??? Sounds like you’re a liberal to me! 🤷‍♂️
Very good.

Don’t anonymously fire at individual players and then whine when it gets returned. Why cry when their punch is returned? Guess it hit home.

You know Lance but he doesn’t you.

Reactions: BigBlueFan19
I'll preface this I didn't read past the 1st page.

But now that UK players are being paid. Criticism is absolutely fair game.

A lot of these athletes DO NOT know more about basketball than the average fan. Congrats on hitting the genetic lottery... but I can bring 10,000+ white guys that can hit free throws better than some of you.

There's some absolute ballers out there that wasn't able to take that next leap due to genetics not talent or understanding the game.

The problem is he and Wheeler's comments seem more about making excuses than taking responsibility for losing.

That's true too. I mean cause it's both. Ware isn't exactly wrong. It's game 3 of the season. Guys been injured and just coming back.

At the same rate, you have to take responsibility for the loss. There was too many breakdowns that even early in a season should not have happened. You can't make excuses either. So in that regard maybe Wheeler and Ware should have worded their response a bit better. I agree. They are just parroting what Cal said.

fwiw, I would never contact , retweet or interact via social media with any player. This site is my only place to vent.

That said, its what twitter is for . An entire generation of people believe that its socially acceptable to dump on people, to have an opinion to 20m people on everything from the local restaurant to world politics.

But I mean how much different is it from here? The players and coaches say they don't read this site, but you know they do.
Reporters use info on here to generate clickbait and facilitate the interactions, both positive and negative between fans and players. Its a revenue generator for them and the platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT