ADVERTISEMENT

Ware?

Got to love all the “Stoops has no control “ lines when we have no clue exactly what happened. Some of these stoops bashers expect him to hold hands and sing Christmas carols with over 100 kids 24/7.

We have no more problems than any other team. Heck look at playoff team Georgia, what they have going on since Sec championship game?

This could Be as little as missing a team meeting, and being held accountable (JJ at spring game) or something actually involving an agent.

But the stoops has no control don’t add up when he does punish them for when players screw up the way they agreed too. No way is any football team going to be 100 percent angels.

If he wasn’t punishing those whonscreeed up, then he wouldn’t have control. It’s kike the prinicpal of your high school, when you got in trouble and found the reason for the paddle, did he not have control or was it the kid who screwed up?
Love it up. I know whats happining. Stoops bashers lol. Stoops is a grown man that put himself in this position. Im not bashing Stoops, im telling you about how he has bashed himself. Go get to loving you a 7-6 record. I m betting that is you all day huh?

Here's where I disagree with point #3. There is more that goes into discipline than players being arrested or other off the field issues. To me those are more character issues than discipline issues. As far as discipline goes, having your best player quit the team in the middle of the 4th quarter of a game and not lose his starting job is a discipline issue. Having players routinely spout off at the coaches on twitter is a discipline issue. Having a player spit at fans and start fights at the end of a play is a discipline issue. Throwing trash cans at opposing players is a discipline issue. Pushing an assistant coach during an argument in a game is also a discipline issue. Multiple personal foul penalties from the same player in the same game is as well. The fact that all of those things have happened with no consequence what so ever to the offending player is a problem.

I would also throw in poor conditioning(Elam) and routinely busted coverages or just putting forth half effort as problems as well. You might see off the field stuff at places like Bama or Clemson because again I look at those as character issues not discipline and Bama will recruit players with poor character as long as they perform on the field. However you won't see Saban tolerate a player criticize his play calling on twitter or walk off the team in the 4th quarter of a game without some major consequences.

This ^^^ times a million. You can see these issues with both eyes closed.

You clearly didn't see Jones walk over after the play from 10-20 yards away and start said shit with Jackson.
He walked over and talked junk to Jackson. That happens every play and is to be expected. Lamar was the first to get physical and rightfully got his ass kicked.

Lou Michaels bit a man's ear off on campus in 1957. No arrests, and no suspension. The man had driven from Cincy to kick the tough man's ass, and got whipped.

Dickie Lyons, Sr., carved his name on a man's arm with a knife . . . . the knife the unfortunate gent had pulled on Dickie Lyons.

I think we need to get a little bit thicker skinned about this stuff, again.

You clearly didn't see Jones walk over after the play from 10-20 yards away and start said shit with Jackson.
And You clearly don’t have good eyes. He was 5 yards away from him and said a few things, it’s football, a rivalry game, people are gonna talk shit. Jackson shoved him first. End of story.

He walked over and talked junk to Jackson. That happens every play and is to be expected. Lamar was the first to get physical and rightfully got his ass kicked.
Really wish Jones would have let it go after that though, but Jackson started it.

No, he walked right into him & head-butted him Jackson didn't move at DA Jones.

Reactions: brianpoe
Lou Michaels bit a man's ear off on campus in 1957. No arrests, and no suspension. The man had driven from Cincy to kick the tough man's ass, and got whipped.

Dickie Lyons, Sr., carved his name on a man's arm with a knife . . . . the knife the unfortunate gent had pulled on Dickie Lyons.

I think we need to get a little bit thicker skinned about this stuff, again.
I'm not condoning violence but it amazes me how big of a deal is made over a little shoving match at a football game.

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
If they are so poor how do they afford to be covered with tattoos costing thousands of dollars?
A lot of those guys tat each other or there will be someone on the team that does it...kind of like they cut each other's hair.
I used to wonder about the tats also but then learned from a former player how many of them get them.

Latest I've read is that Ware is practicing with the team. All I have to go on is what is posted on different sites, but if he is still practicing then he hasn't been released from the team....

Yet.

Here's where I disagree with point #3. There is more that goes into discipline than players being arrested or other off the field issues. To me those are more character issues than discipline issues. As far as discipline goes, having your best player quit the team in the middle of the 4th quarter of a game and not lose his starting job is a discipline issue. Having players routinely spout off at the coaches on twitter is a discipline issue. Having a player spit at fans and start fights at the end of a play is a discipline issue. Throwing trash cans at opposing players is a discipline issue. Pushing an assistant coach during an argument in a game is also a discipline issue. Multiple personal foul penalties from the same player in the same game is as well. The fact that all of those things have happened with no consequence what so ever to the offending player is a problem.

I would also throw in poor conditioning(Elam) and routinely busted coverages or just putting forth half effort as problems as well. You might see off the field stuff at places like Bama or Clemson because again I look at those as character issues not discipline and Bama will recruit players with poor character as long as they perform on the field. However you won't see Saban tolerate a player criticize his play calling on twitter or walk off the team in the 4th quarter of a game without some major consequences.
When you are at UK, especially where UK football is right now to get some better talent sometimes you have to take chances on a few kids. The reason they may be at UK and not offered by Ohio State could be discipline/maturity issues. When you are Ohio State or Alabama and you have you pick you can pass on those kids because you can get another one just as good that doesn't have the baggage. Sure, you can give them tough love and hope they get the message but there is no guarantee they ever will. You know that going in. Saban can sit a kid and replace him with another 5 star recruit and not miss a beat. Stoops sits someone and the replacement might be a noticeable drop off. If they are losing games because their best players aren't on the field then Stoops might not have a job for long and people like yourself will be bitching about losing.

The conditioning thing on your part is total BS. If one kid out of 100 on the team "can't get in shape" then it may be more of a genetic issue. Everybody has limits and conditioning is no different than speed or strength or even height. You can work only so hard and so long before the body starts to break down. Elam has been there for 4 years and done all the work that every other kid has done. I've been an endurance athlete for 30+ years running marathons, Ironman triathlons, cross-country bicycle rides, long distance swims... Over those years I have trained with folks on all levels from world class Olympic athletes to weekend warriors. What I have learned is EVERYONE has physical limits regardless of how much you work to overcome them.

If they are so poor how do they afford to be covered with tattoos costing thousands of dollars?

I have wondered about that too.

Have you ever noticed that they seem to be more prevalent on other teams, AND that a lot of them have them in high school? I never had the money for such foolishment.

When I was in the Army they told us we were government property and if we got a tattoo we would get an article 15 for defacing government property.

I'm not sure what the Navy told their guys.

No...it actually takes "some" a while to get their head out of someone's a$$. Just glad to be of service.

You should start with taking your own out, pretty gloomy down there I would guess, might explain some of your negativity..

Starting to seriously worry about you, if Stoops is here a couple more years (AND he will be) I'm not sure if you will survive.

Although it is a no brainer that you don't hold even the tiniest thing in, I guess that is a plus.

You should start with taking your own out, pretty gloomy down there I would guess, might explain some of your negativity..

Starting to seriously worry about you, if Stoops is here a couple more years (AND he will be) I'm not sure if you will survive.

Although it is a no brainer that you don't hold even the tiniest thing in, I guess that is a plus.
The strong survive! Im here for those like you who are blind as to what is the problem. Don't worry about me I'm extremely confident I'm right...it will just take you longer. Leaving for CATVILLE in the morning and celebrating New Year's! Come join us!

survived-therapy.gif

Reactions: sluggercatfan
We have a horribly undisciplined team. Stupid stunts all year. I’ve caught hell for criticizing Stoops but he can’t even keep his players in line much less coach them. No excuse for this and it happens all the time. He’s the head coach and it’s his responsibility to keep these kids in line. Every team has issues on occasion but it’s too commonplace on our football team.
Sounds to me like he is doing his job well. At least I would think you would want to know what caused the suspension before criticizing him.

I would think this will help the team rather than hurt. jmho.

Sounds to me like he is doing his job well. At least I would think you would want to know what caused the suspension before criticizing him.

I would think this will help the team rather than hurt. jmho.

I would agree with you if things of this nature were few and far between. I appreciate the respectful reply. But (while some continue to disagree), under Stoops fights, suspensions, transfers, unsportsmanlike conduct, unsportsmanlike conduct, unsportsmanlike conduct, players criticizing teammates, players criticizing coaches, etc are the norm. Message boards are for ‘opinions’ and I’m sure a lot of posters don’t like mine but I stand by every comment I make. I hope we win every game we play and I hope Stoops becomes Coach of the Year someday but I don’t think that will ever happen. Peace.

• I would agree with you if things of this nature were few and far between. I appreciate the respectful reply. But (while some continue to disagree), under Stoops fights, suspensions, transfers, unsportsmanlike conduct, unsportsmanlike conduct, unsportsmanlike conduct, players criticizing teammates, players criticizing coaches, etc are the norm. Message boards are for ‘opinions’ and I’m sure a lot of posters don’t like mine but I stand by every comment I make. I hope we win every game we play and I hope Stoops becomes Coach of the Year someday but I don’t think that will ever happen. Peace.
    I also appreciate your respectful reply although disagree with parts of it. I think Coach Stoops is in a much better position to know why a suspension is in order for this player at this time. Your comment about these things being the norm with players and Stoops indicate you know what happened. I don't , so I have to go with Stoops on this one.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT