ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Buehler

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
I don’t follow baseball recruiting but man I sure wish UK had kept him home! Vandy is a great program and perhaps he got a full ride. I heard every Vandy player gets a full scholarship. Have to say it sure worked out for him. I did see a picture of him with Cal at a b-ball practice so it appears he’s a Wildcat fan. I guess Vandy with Corbin is just tough to turn down in baseball and especially for pitchers?

One is not only a top academic school and a top baseball program in the nation and the other is a good state university and a SEC middle of the road baseball program. Kinda like turning down Cal/UK for basketball.

I don’t follow baseball recruiting but man I sure wish UK had kept him home! Vandy is a great program and perhaps he got a full ride. I heard every Vandy player gets a full scholarship. Have to say it sure worked out for him. I did see a picture of him with Cal at a b-ball practice so it appears he’s a Wildcat fan. I guess Vandy with Corbin is just tough to turn down in baseball and especially for pitchers?
Each division 1 team is allowed 11.7 scholarships and thats for the whole team. Most kids get a partial scholarship but sometimes pitchers will get a full ride but that is rare. If you look at the players in MLB that played college very few had full rides.

Each division 1 team is allowed 11.7 scholarships and thats for the whole team. Most kids get a partial scholarship but sometimes pitchers will get a full ride but that is rare. If you look at the players in MLB that played college very few had full rides.
Every player at Vandy is on a full scholarship because of a rich alumni endowment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT