ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner can’t shoot!

Not sure why anyone ever thought he was supposed to be some great shooter to begin with. He didn’t exactly light it up from 3 in HS either.

Can't shoot?? Currently not doing anything especially well. I think he'll figure it out. Gotta play off the ball and learn to finish in the lane. I think he'll be ok down the stretch.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He needs to stop shooting. If not, he needs to find a place on the bench!
Reed is all around better player tan DJ right now, but he'll get better, needs to calm down and let things come to him.

But on Reed, is Cal the only one still thinking of Reed as a big player? Kid is one of the best 5 we have no doubt. Cal still seems surprised he does aa well as he does all the time

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Wagner is nervous, dude needs to relax and put some arc on his shot.
yep...hes not a knock down shooter but he's better than he showed tonight. Biggest issue is he's playing uptight and frenetic and needs to calm down smooth out his game. Just cant play offense hyper, make the head swirl and shot jittery. Slow down, calm the eyes and the shots will start falling.

Reactions: Kybluedude
I don't expect him to ever be Brandon Knight from the perimeter but get him to steadily improve like Teague did, will take it as he is a much better PG. Will need him to start finishing at the rim after missing some easy ones tonight.

Wagner defends well: he was out of control on the offensive end it’s obvious he was nervous. He needed to be in down the stretch up 6 instead of dillingham. We needed to finish it out on the defensive end and dillingham was in foul trouble. The problem for Wagner is for him to be successful in big games cal is going to have to recognize and play who is on and who isn’t.

Cal will risk the UK basketball program to make sure Wagner succeeds.

This should surprise no one. Everyone knew this would be the situation when he recruited him.

He'll alienate some players while he does it too

They all have the green light. It’s that “modern basketball” that everyone has wanted so badly. I don’t want to see people complaining now
I'd like to know who wanted that.

There is a huge difference in wanting 3 point shooters - aka Reeves and wanting players to have a green light. I think UK's fans reaction to Boston should have prevented you from making that statement

Reactions: UKortho
I'd like to know who wanted that.

There is a huge difference in wanting 3 point shooters - aka Reeves and wanting players to have a green light. I think UK's fans reaction to Boston should have prevented you from making that statement
It's all about their hero that they have yet to realize is a zero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT