ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner breaking down his man with dribble moves

Wagner is playing great makes me feel bad for being down on him early in season.If Cal had not held him out Uncw we would have won say he would played if Cal would have let him.

He is quietly improving his 3P percentage too. What I like is he doesn’t hesitate to take the 3 when his teammates find him open. He’s a confident player and I love the passion he plays with. Some guys have the same expression all the time, like Reeves. But DJ is always clapping and yelling when he or his teammates make a big play. His personality and confidence are infectious and make him a great leader. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he is the most important player on the team when you look at all the things he can do. He is definitely the straw that stirs the drink. Wish we had a do-over on UNCW.

Hit threes and mid range jumpers as well.
He was the player of the game, easily
Wags is really coming together. I tried telling people who thought he may be overrated that he’s a dog and he’s really good. Most guys aren’t ranked #1 for like 90% of their HS career starting in like 7th grade and not be a really good college player at the very least.

I love how much fun he and Dillingham have when they're out there together. They're constantly smiling. On one of Wagner's clutch shots, he was yelling to pump himself up as he was running back down court, and Dillingham came by him and Dillingham was laughing hilariously in a state of excitement.

These guys truly support each other. The chemistry on this team is noticeable.

Last edited:
Loved the little flip in with the left even though he'd been bumped clear of the lane by Davis. He's got SKILLS with the ball. Great to see it yesterday.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Love to see Wagner being aggressive. Hitting that three was big for him. The early step back three was interesting. Definitely not in his bag. There is a stark contrast to when Reed or Wagner bring the ball up the court. Wagner sure loves to dribble. Once he realizes moving the ball around makes it harder on the defense things will get even easier for him.

Good to see the confidence we are playing with.

Reactions: bigbluelou
I love how much fun he and Dillingham have when they're out there together. They're constantly smiling. On one of Wagner's clutch shots, he was yelling to pump himself up as he was running back down court, and Dillingham came by him and Dillingham was laughing hilariously in a state of excitement.

These guys truly support each other. The chemistry on this team is noticeable.
Yeah, it’s real. They tell us every year how much the players love each other…especially the last few years when we’ve struggled and it’s obvious it was either fake or forced. This team feels a lot like Cal’s first team.

Reactions: bigbluelou
Wagner is the youngest player on the team, being 4 months younger than Dillingham. He turned 18 last May.

Edwards turned 20 yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT