ADVERTISEMENT

Vols over puke?

Fitch44

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2004
Besides the fact that it makes my heart happy every year when puke loses…
Anyone else have vols taking these turds out tomorrow?
I just think the toughness and depth (and vols play good D) could be too much for puke.
Please please please

I will cheer for the vols and only because circumstances require it. I'm still not sure of this new, temporary fandom, but since we beat them twice it is a bit easier.

Seems puke is playing well right now, I'm thinking it will be a good game.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Puke has been rolling but the Acc is such trash, it’s hard to gauge. Last 10 games or so they have beat 1 team in the top 40 NET.
Vols will bring it on D and I don’t think puke has seen anyone in acc that plays d like the Vols.
And puke has had a few games they scored in the 50’s in this stretch of great play.
I like the Vols to get it done.

I hate Duke more than anybody, so go UT. With that said, Duke has been maybe the hottest team in the country the past month or so (with a first year coach, barf) so hopefully they're due for a bad game. But their hot streak started about the time that Whitehead came back from injury. I don't think UK will make it that far but if we lost to Duke in the E8 and they go on to win the title, I may be done with basketball forever.

I want Tennessee to win but going out in round 2 is a Rick Barnes special. I just have a feeling if we make the Elite 8 that Dike will be there.

ALWAYS root against the most talented teams in your region. The fact it’s Duke makes it even easier to do so. Without Ziegler I just don’t think UT can score enough. At least UT has dudes to physically match Duke as ORU definitely did not.
Well, I don’t like the idea of having to beat Ew Tee for a third time.

Last edited:
Reactions: bevcat
I hate both teams with a passion, but being selfish here. I want the orange to have more points than dook at the end of the game. I'd rather play UT a 3rd time than dook once. dook always has a good following at MSG if you've ever noticed.

I hate both teams with a passion, but being selfish here. I want the orange to have more points than dook at the end of the game. I'd rather play UT a 3rd time than dook once. dook always has a good following at MSG if you've ever noticed.
Living in Tennessee, I guess that makes it easier for me. I hate Duke of course but want no part of Tennessee advancing in the tournament and hearing it from the fans. Just dispatch of them as early as possible. Also If we happen to make it far enough to play either I'd relish the opportunity to knock Duke out. The chance for Tennessee knocking us out and making their first final four makes me nauseous.

Awful fan-hood matchup because one has to win but Duke is rolling and Vols are fading.
Duke and Penn State appear to be peaking at the right time unfortunately add to that UTs starting point guard out it will be tough for Tennessee to keep up although I am hoping they do.

Be interesting to see if TN continues to be allowed to hold, block, push, shove, trip, hand check on D as they have all year.

Reactions: the stat man
UT has no shot unless two of Duke star players collide going for a rebound and injure each other. I was surprised they got through yesterday and I picked them to be upset. Would love to be wrong though.

Besides the fact that it makes my heart happy every year when puke loses…
Anyone else have vols taking these turds out tomorrow?
I just think the toughness and depth (and vols play good D) could be too much for puke.
Please please please
Nope. Although I truly want it to happen. UT is limping without their PG.

You gotcha cheer for Tennessee as you can pretty well guarantee they won't make the final 4 (and the elite 8 would be second in school history) while Duke could easily do so.

The committee really went hard at Purdue as both teams have really good defensive frontcourts to attack Edey with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT