ADVERTISEMENT

VJ update on on3

juneswoon

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009

Some real positive stuff here. Talks most about the cats and Jack has a feeling we lead. We be sweet to pluck him from dook. The dook mods have considered him a shoe in for a while . They have played like trash. Their fans will have a serious meltdown if he commits here. True changing of the guards if we get him.

Yeah but no updates on Z?

I'll be honest, I at least expected some kind of update from UK on Z given we are now ~2 weeks beyond that supposed 45-day "goal" the NCAA has to complete reviews.

And they got UCLA's guy cleared in 31 days...isn't that interesting....
I'd settle for at least knowing what is actually being looked at. Last time I asked here, nobody even knows the basic details of the holdup. Freaking weird situation.

Duke is hard to watch. Going back to bring in high rated white guys.
Just shows how hard it is to get young talent to play well. It’s not easy. Not trying to give Cal excuses as we shouldn’t lose at the rate he has but other schools have issues too. Older teams are making the talent level spread out now. The portal is helping even smaller schools be competitive.

You think he comes back? That would be great if he does, I guess with the insane amount of NIL he could earn it would make a lot of sense
I actually do think he comes back to lead the team as the starting point guard. He'll play 35 minutes a game, probably lead the SEC in assists, win SEC player of the year, and become a lottery pick.

I actually do think he comes back to lead the team as the starting point guard. He'll play 35 minutes a game, probably lead the SEC in assists, win SEC player of the year, and become a lottery pick.
I’m all for it. Him fland and VJ might be better than this years backcourt, they would just need to find a shooter close to what reeves is

That would be great, I’ll believe it when I see it hough. I personally hope he leads us to a title this year and it won’t matter as much.

Yeah but no updates on Z?

I'll be honest, I at least expected some kind of update from UK on Z given we are now ~2 weeks beyond that supposed 45-day "goal" the NCAA has to complete reviews.

And they got UCLA's guy cleared in 31 days...isn't that interesting....
Did UCLA’ s Man enroll in August/September time frame or was it in mid October? I have to wonder if that is the problem?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Don't undersell whats happening at each program. Aside from the loss last week, Kentucky has been running a much more fluid and NBA-like offense these days. Recruits love this. It helps them take the next step to the NBA, and it was probably the one thing that was holding up Cal on the recruiting trail.

Duke on the other hand, no more Coach K. 3 losses. They're spiraling. Coach Scheyer is causing some unease for Dukes future. Their recruiting class already has a few combo guards and SFs, plus, their current class for 2023, hasn't shown anything, and they will likely be returning (or transferring).

Kentucky is going to have a lot of minutes and touches next year for VJ. All our commitments are either guards or bigs, and we're certainly going to lose Justin Edwards this year.

Don't undersell whats happening at each program. Aside from the loss last week, Kentucky has been running a much more fluid and NBA-like offense these days. Recruits love this. It helps them take the next step to the NBA, and it was probably the one thing that was holding up Cal on the recruiting trail.

Duke on the other hand, no more Coach K. 3 losses. They're spiraling. Coach Scheyer is causing some unease for Dukes future. Their recruiting class already has a few combo guards and SFs, plus, their current class for 2023, hasn't shown anything, and they will likely be returning (or transferring).

Kentucky is going to have a lot of minutes and touches next year for VJ. All our commitments are either guards or bigs, and we're certainly going to lose Justin Edwards this year.
One thing I am excited for is making more 3’s and showing how talent can look here again. That will help as you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT